Anyone got FIFA 08 yet?

Yeungy

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2007
Australia
I'm just interested to see if anyone has any comments or reviews as I am yet to get it. I want to know if the gameplay makes up for the poor graphics.

I got mine yesterday, preordered from GAME. After playing it for a few hours last night, I have to say my first impressions are not good.
My last gen console was a PS2 and I was a big fan of the Pro Evo series for the life of that console. I havent played a FIFA game since FIFA 2003 on PS1. So I can't remmember how unrealistic the older versions felt compared to Pro Evo but if I had to make comparisons I'd say that FIFA 08 on Wii has more in common with Mario Strikers than reall football.
I have been patiently waiting for a football game to come out since buying my Wii back in January and due to my dissapointment in every game I have owned for the system so far, I decided that the way the Wii handles a football game would be the deciding factor in whether or not I keep it (as football games and sports games in general are my favourites).
The reason I opted for the Wii this gen is because of its potential for sports based games, and they have all dissapointed except Wii Sports Bowling.
In my opinion the Wii is the console of today (but certainly not tomorrow), so enjoy the reign while it lasts because both the 360 and PS3 will out live it. The only reason the Wii is so successful at the moment is because of the brilliant advertising, but if you look around at different forums alot of people are dissapointed with it when they finally manage to get their hands on one.
To be out almost a year and its best game to be a 2 year old last gen port speaks volumes in my opinion.

Wii games I have owned (and how I rate them):

RE 4 (8.5/10)
SSX Blur (8/10)
Wii Sports (7/10)
Mario Strikers (7/10)
Excite Truck (7/10)
Godfather (6/10)
Red Steel (6/10)
Tiger Woods 2007 (6/10)
Trauma Centre (6/10)
Wario Smooth Moves (5/10)
Zelda Twilight Princess (5/10)
Wii Play (4/10)
Big Brain Academy (3/10)
G1 Jockey (2/10)
Heatseeker (2/10)

FIFA 08 (undecided!!!) - I will give it a chance but not impressed thus far!

Last edited:
No But the gameplay mechanics look utter shite so why would I even bother picking this pile of crap up :lol:

What's this part all about?

938660_20070920_screen033.jpg

Wh15ky said:
I got mine yesterday, preordered from GAME. After playing it for a few hours last night, I have to say my first impressions are not good.

To be out almost a year and its best game to be a 2 year old last gen port speaks volumes in my opinion.

FIFA 08 (undecided!!!) - I will give it a chance but not impressed thus far!
Could do with more details on FIFA 08 rather than just those 2 lines.

Your ratings seem a bit whack to me, Zelda TP 5/10?? RE 4 the best game? I guess its down to personal preference but i prefer both Zelda TP and MP3 to RE 4. If you really dont like the Wii as much as you say then you should sell it and buy a PS3, it needs all the supporters it can get at the moment.

supanova said:
What's this part all about?

938660_20070920_screen033.jpg
I couldn't give you the details but if I recall rightly, Fifa has a few minigames aswell as the acutal football. The minigames are done using Miis and I do believe that man is Ronaldinho! :p

Just got it and only played it for 10 minuites.

When your shooting its so hard to control the power on the shot.

Graphics are ok though i will give more detail whjen ive played it more

My mate bought it today, hes being pestering me to buy it :lol:

Raisinghelen: Could do with more details on FIFA 08 rather than just those 2 lines.

The game looks ugly (all the players look the same in-game and dont move realistically, Pro Evo 4, 5 & 6 looked better on my PS2, this should not be happening, even if Wii owners apparently dont care about graphics).
No realism - It is far too fast to be realistic (too arcade-like for my liking).
As far as I can tell there is no management mode (so yet another Wii game with less depth than its PS3 and 360 versions).
The mini games are just gimmicks (If this is the Wii alternative to management mode, then thats ****ing ****).
The controls are to non responsive (as far as Ive found so far!) the same flick does too many things and half the time does nothing.
The commentating and crowd noises are no better than last gen games.

Raisinghelen: Your ratings seem a bit whack to me, Zelda TP 5/10??
I've never played a Zelda game before this one, so my opinion on this game doesnt have any real credebility, but I played it for about 10 hours and got fed up.

Raisinghelen: RE 4 the best game?

By far! (well half a point, but half a point counts for a lot when your talking 8.5/10)

Raisinghelen: I guess its down to personal preference but i prefer both Zelda TP and MP3 to RE 4.

Is MP3 Metroid Prime 3? Thats not out here yet so I cant compare it.

Raisinghelen: If you really dont like the Wii as much as you say then you should sell it and buy a PS3, it needs all the supporters it can get at the moment.

I'll be in game tomorrow so I'm going to enquire about the possibility of a straight swap of my Wii and all the games plus a second Wiimote and nunchuck for a PS3 bundle. Unless someone here gives me a better offer.

Last edited:
Back