Anyone got FIFA 08 yet?

i am so getting this on monday. i was going to get it friday but i couldn't and after reading about it more it sounds like a hard but fun game to play which i think is the best sort of game to play.

Lewi T said:
Anyone know what problem I may have, as in about four matches so far online it has come up saying the connection to my opponent has been lost, and it's gone down as a DNF on my behalf (and a loss :mad5:)...it's pissing me off because I've only actually lost one game (the lucky sh*t had one shot on goal and scored it in the 88th minute, I had about twenty shots overall and hit the woodwork several times o_o), but it looks like I've lost about four games when really it's only one. My rank would be so much better as well! So anyone know what the problem could be? I'm obviously assuming it's something to do with my connection...

Oh by the way I'll reply later on as I'm just going to play footy (for real, not Fifa :thumbsup:)

I've had this too except both times I was winning, then it said connection lost and my record showed up as defeats. Really annoying, Im pretty sure my connection strength is fine.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
o.k here is ,the low down:
-play leagues NO MANAGER MODE OR "BE A PRO"
-CHALLENGES
- you can change the view
-online is awesome

No manager mode?

Then basically all the game has is play now, online and mini games?

That is poor IMO, the main time I spent on fifa was on a career.

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
no you can still playu leauges and cups

How?

yes but after the league or cup is finished thats it, start from beginning as normal again, no continues seasons.

Wh15ky said:
I've had this too except both times I was winning, then it said connection lost and my record showed up as defeats. Really annoying, Im pretty sure my connection strength is fine.
Yeah I was winning as well, and it went off in second half injury time : / so at first I thought the other player had disconnected because they were losing, but it showed up as my DNF...yeah me too, I'm pretty sure my connection strength is fine as well, that's why I was wondering what the problem may be.

@Cpt.McCloud: There's a 'Tournaments' mode where you choose any tournament for every league - i.e. domestic cups and leagues. There may be European cups as well but I'm not sure, I haven't checked. It is quite annoying that there isn't an actual season though...to me, although I do like it, this Fifa isn't the hardcore football game that I want, so I think I'll have to see what PES is like next year.

I was playing a game online and it was about the 85th minute, I was 1-0 down but just about to score when I was disconnected, I got a loss and added to my DNF%, whats that all about, does the other player still get a win? if not why would he do that?
However Im not sure if it was a normal disconnection because I just pressed (A) to pass the ball as a screen came up, it may have been the pause screen to say that the other player has entered the menu and when I pressed (A) to pass I had actually quit (the screen came up and dissapeared to quick to see), but when you do that don't you get a second screen that asks you "are you sure you want to quit". And even if that was the case and the other guy was just pausing to make subs or whatever he was just as much of an arsehole for pausing the game just as I was about to score.
Anyone else experienced this?

i got it friday, find it hard to score (more down to my panicy mad controler waving than anythign else)

had a friend over last night, we had 6 games of boxing (i won them all roar, and seriously needed some deodrant afterwards )

abotu 10 games of fifa, all but 2 of which ended in a penalty shoot out.

a few games of baseball, and a couple of rounds of golf.

followed by a soak in the bath lol

wii are definatly a social system in my opinion.

I am trying to get hold of a usb - ethernet adapter so I can try online gaming.

I am tempted to get this but the lack of season mode seriously turns me off and I dont want to get both FIFA and PES...

What is the control's like after you get used to them?

Cpt.McCloud said:
What is the control's like after you get used to them?

I'm starting to like them more and more as I get used to them. There is a good feeling about passing the ball around by holding (A) and flicking the wiimote in the direction you want to pass (also the speed of the flick determines the power of the pass so you don't always pass to the player closest to you).
There are some niggles though:
I don't think there are enough buttons on the wii controllers to smoothly control a game like this. For example - the (A) button selects player and performs basic pass so when you do a long pass and you want to select the player that the ball is travelling towards (as the ball is travelling) to get the player into a better position for receiving the ball, because you have pressed (A) to select player when he does receive it he kicks it straight away thinking you want to pass it. There may be a way to cancel the pass but I havent found it yet.
The shooting can be quite annoying at times aswell. After spending so much time trying to get into a position to shoot you flick the wiimote and... nothing! the goalie comes out and grabs the ball from your feet. I think this is just a case of getting the flick right, but can be very annoying whilst learning.

In general though I would say that the gameplay is very satisfying when you start to suss it out!

I think its great. Iv played the 360 version and yes it has better graphics but if you want fun then the Wii version is so much better. Yes the controls are difficult to master but that encourages me to play it even more so that i can master them. Im going to have a game online later tonight and i cant wait for that.

I like this game, I thought it was going to be S**t when i comapred it to tthe back of the ps2 and ps3 games!

But I am supprised so far! I am not sure how to actually score though. Hva done it a few times but can't get the power or the spin right every time like on fifa07!

Anyone got any advice?

Back