Anyone know anything about Opoona?

This game looks really awesome, kiddy but an RPG on the wii is a must get. I've heard that it. I've also heard a rumor going around that it only uses the nunchunk. It was just announced so not much info just yet.

~Rival

RivalDestiny said:
This game looks really awesome, kiddy but an RPG on the wii is a must get. I've heard that it. I've also heard a rumor going around that it only uses the nunchunk. It was just announced so not much info just yet.

~Rival

From the trailer it looks like an online game, if it just uses the nunchuk that would be odd.

But yea RPG needed is defo.

Can't wait I'm gunna do some googleing so I'll post all the info i find.

All that is known is that trailer and it will only be nunchuck only.

It looks like it has a lot of possibilities, but I'm not quite sure if I'll like it. It looks like it would have a lot of area to explore, though =o

I wonder how it would only use the Nunchuk... It would be awkward holding the Wiimote, but never using it.

Cloudkill: Thanks, I'll keep subscribed to this thread so I can see what you find =]

unluckylink13 said:
I wonder how it would only use the Nunchuk... It would be awkward holding the Wiimote, but never using it.

Who said you have to hold the wiimote?

Just sit it beside you while playing

According to gaming site 1UP.com, Dynasty Warriors publisher Koei revealed an original Wii game titled Opoona.

Opoona is actually the name of the game's main character, a descendant of the brave Cosmo Guards. While visiting the planet Landroll with his family, Opoona becomes separated and later find his brother and sister have vanished and his parents are in the hospital with serious injuries. In order to travel to other colonies and find out what happened, players must earn a license for various roles they will assume, such as rescuer, idol and detective.

(Cloudkill:This sounds like it could be separate servers for the colonies,
That also suggests the possibility for a monthly/yearly subscription fee.)

According to statements made by Koei to 1UP.com, movement and combat in Opoona will be performed entirely with the Nunchuk. The publisher did not clearly elaborate on how the control mechanics work, however.

Shintaro Majima and Sachiko Yukimura, both who have worked on the Dragon Quest series, are assuming the roles of art director and planning director, respectively. Hitoshi Sakimoto, the composer of Final Fantasy XII's soundtrack, is handling the musical score.

Screens can be found here...

http://www.thewiire.com/game.php?id=193&view=screens

The 1UP.com article can be found http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158009

thats all i could find for the mo.

It sounds good. I'd only pay monthly fees if it's a good solid MMO, though. With some form of chat, such as voice chat (which, knowing Nintendo, might not be an option.) If it's only using Nunchuk, then I'm also guessing it wouldn't be compatible with a regular USB-keyboard.

Back