Anyone looking forward to NiGHTS

KyleForMe

Don't believe his lies.
Dec 13, 2006
IL, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Wii Online Code
5710-8093-1849-3803
So can someone enlighten me as to what the deal is with this game. I know its history and such, but exactly what type of game will this be considered? Is it moreso a kids game? Is it a platformer in the tradition of games like Mario or Sonic?

I have watched some videos on IGN and so far it reminds me of Sonic on Wii, which I didn't like (love the originals). It also seems to be very childish and unchallenging, but I have been wrong in the past based on such conclusions.

If someone has a good explanation or a link to a site with a good one, please share with me. Thanks

Nights is best described as (by somebody that has played it to death)
2D flying - boring bits - attacks (Nights cant attack instead he can loop around enamys)+ 3d backgrounds+ dreamy things (theres a level that warps underneath) + good bossies + score attack (the higher the score the higher the rank) + that damn clock when you run out of time = Nights

My only worry is the new "on foot" sections where as in the first they where just to get to Nightss chamber

LiquidD said:
i really dont care about this game.

Out of the topic then wanker

As much as i'd like to look forward to it the gameplay seems boring it may something i just wait to drop down to 20/30.

im eager to get this game. unfortunaltly years ago when we finally got a sega saturn i couldnt afford to ever get nights into dreams, but i had the demo and played it to DEATH!!! and just off that im syked. this game and dbz 3 are my antindotes to brawls delay

im eager to get this game. unfortunaltly years ago when we finally got a sega saturn i couldnt afford to ever get nights into dreams, but i had the demo and played it to DEATH!!! and just off that im syked. this game and dbz 3 are my antindotes to brawls delay
So you ave said
There was no demo of it
Maximo said:
As much as i'd like to look forward to it the gameplay seems boring it may something i just wait to drop down to 20/30.

How can it seem boring ?

I used to play it a lot at a demo kiosk at Target and at a friend's house. During that time stuff like Mario 64 and analog controls has just come out so it was something new for that time. Since I haven't played it in years I'm not sure what I'd think of it now.

Mario 64 came out 1 month before Nights came out so Sega made this game and the controller to compete with Mario.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Also, Sega is planning a remake of the original Nights for the PS2.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/thank-you-sega/nights-into-dreams-onto-ps2-324781.php

Last edited:
Zackh321 said:
I used to play it a lot at a demo kiosk at Target and at a friend's house. During that time stuff like Mario 64 and analog controls has just come out so it was something new for that time. Since I haven't played it in years I'm not sure what I'd think of it now.

Mario 64 came out 1 month before Nights came out so Sega made this game and the controller to compete with Mario.
The pad wasnt made to be a N64 clone (the analog pad and sholder buttons where diffrent)
And any one that has played both Nights and Mario 64 will know that they are VERY diffrent games
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Also, Sega is planning a remake of the original Nights for the PS2.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/thank-you-sega/nights-into-dreams-onto-ps2-324781.php

I posted info on that here
http://www.wiichat.com/playstation-3/41993-sega-silent-nights-ps2.html

Darkprinny said:
So you ave said
There was no demo of it

How can it seem boring ?

I dont see much excitement in just flying around collecting things. its been said from what i read theres no actual attacks ,or anything.

Darkprinny said:
The pad wasnt made to be a N64 clone (the analog pad and sholder buttons where diffrent)
And any one that has played both Nights and Mario 64 will know that they are VERY diffrent games

I posted info on that here
http://www.wiichat.com/playstation-3/41993-sega-silent-nights-ps2.html

The only similarities to the N64 version is that it had an analog pad. However, I think Sega had heard what Nintendo was doing with the N64 and knew they needed to add analog to their system. Sony added analog later on as well. Nights isn't anything like Mario 64 at all. The Saturn was made more for 2D games. Most of the time a 2D game worked better on the Saturn than the version that was released for the Playstation.

What I remember is that you fly through rings as the purple jester guy. However, you don't really move around in a 3D space. You were limited to moving in 2D if I remember right. During that time I thought it was incredible. However, I just don't know if it'll hold up today unless they change the mechanics more. I have it on reserve so hopefully it's worth the money.

Last edited:
Darkprinny said:
Out of the topic then wanker
The topic did read if any one was looking foward to the game you moron! The topic was basically a question so why should i get out of the topic?

LiquidD said:
The topic did read if any one was looking foward to the game you moron! The topic was basically a question so why should i get out of the topic?

the title is "anyone looking forward to NiGHTS", not "anyone not looking forward to NiGHTS"

I dont see much excitement in just flying around collecting things. its been said from what i read theres no actual attacks ,or anything.
But you can loop around them (creates a black hole kinda thing)
The point of the Nights has allways been get a high score and a high link (thats collecting items with a break) (seen some body do a inifnte link one the xmas version thats over 999 items but it was in a timeless mode)

LiquidD said:

Because your a baka

Back