anyone notice that gamecube discs get scuffed up...

wilcohead

WiiChat Member
Apr 17, 2007
when you have your wii upright.... Just curious, wondering if it was just mine or if anyone else has noticed this. I just got my repair back and they sent me a new wii.....

I don't quite understand the term "scuffed up" but if you mean it gets centered then yes, it does align itself into position before being withdrawn into the drive.

scuffed up, meaning there are marks on the disc when it is ejected. Only on the gamecube discs though..

Do the gamecube games get scratched up really bad or just a little when they are ejected.

wilcohead said:
scuffed up, meaning there are marks on the disc when it is ejected. Only on the gamecube discs though..
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
Yeah if the GC discs are getting "scuffed up" then you may want to check into it. I personally haven't had this problem at all, so maybe its your wii?

Yeah mine don't get scratched at all. At least I hope not. *checks* Nope no scratches.

Mine don't get scratched at all, it just leaves rubber marks like if you put your fingertips over a game...

yup the rubber marks are exactly what Im talking about.
scuff marks. I never said anything about scratches

if you have your wii setting horizontally these rubber scuff marks will not show up.

If they're rubber marks, take a tissue and some windex and clean it off. Also, try inserting it as close to the center as you can so there's not much alignment that has to be done.

Back