Anyone Overclocked thier wii?

im not sure its possible, and it would probably burn out pretty fast, im pretty sure the mainboard is not powerful enough to exceed its peak right now. i would not try it even if it were possible, sorry i am no help :(

lol, yeah i was just wondering?
I'm not tech enough to conduct an operation like that, but i see some vid's on you tube dismantling the wii in like minutes, they seem to know what they're doing?
Just a thought

Merry Christmas!

Well, I honestly wouldn't see the point. Most of the information is on the game disk anyway. And raising the clock rate won't effect it that much, or make it much better.

It would have to be slightly unorthodox as it is PowerPC-based. Wikipedia has the CPU at .729GHz and the GPU at 294MHz And, man, I would totally OC my Wii to get some AA going on in Mario Party. Man, I want to slap my G80 in there and get some super-sampling. I never knew trees were so spiky!

And, by the way, half the people overclock just 'cuz it looks freaking wicked. :)

No, what I want to know is how to access the service settings in the Wii, like the background color for the main screen or different fonts. I'm sure it is somewhere. If I can hack my Sony Ericsson, I *know* I can hack my Wii. I just hope they don't go all Apple on me by killing the modding community with "brick-updates." Heck, they've mentioned it when I'm trying to update.

It must be a secret combination of keys when turning the Wii on. Who wants to try?

~Ibrahim~

Back