Anyone Own a Plasma?

AoWFraggit

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
Wii Online Code
8480-0209-2306-3955
our new samsung 50" plasma tv will be arriving tomorrow, and i was wondering if any of you have experienced issues with "burn-in," which i've heard so much about.

should i be concerned about playing wii for 2-3 hours at a time, and do component cables make much of a difference?

thanks in advance!

If it's a brand new plasma, then 2-3 hours won't be a problem.
The burn in issue has, for the most part, been fixed on new plasma tvs.

If it's a brand new plasma, then 2-3 hours won't be a problem.
The burn in issue has, for the most part, been fixed on new plasma tvs.

ah, that's good to hear. i've been putting up with a panasonic 37" CRT for the past decade, so this is a pretty big upgrade for me. i just want to make sure i don't accidentally fry my new plasma in the first few weeks!

Problem with Plasmas is that they're usually not recommended for gamers, and for good reason, they suffer from lagging issues when gaming.

LCD > Plasma, for games. Although Plasmas are gorgeous for movies, with excellent black levels, but there are LCDs out there that easily rival some high-end Plasmas.

another thing.

i've also read about the issue regarding lag due to the discrepancy between the wii's 480p and the plasma's 720p. luckily, the tv we ordered does come with a "game mode" to cope with this, but i was wondering just how heavily does this mode impact the game's graphics?

I have 6 plasmas in my house.

In my room 26 Vizio. good enough for a small room with surround sound xD

ah, that's good to hear. i've been putting up with a panasonic 37" CRT for the past decade, so this is a pretty big upgrade for me. i just want to make sure i don't accidentally fry my new plasma in the first few weeks!

Putting up with? CRT's still have some of the best contrast ratio's around. It's also the best inch/dollar cost as well.

agh, it looks like i'll have to wait a while before testing out my wii. silly me forgot to buy component cables. we can't watch tv either since our converter box doesn't actually support hdmi or components...

sigh.

I bought a Samsung PN50650 50" Plasma. It's an awesome tv. Here's the link from cnet.com
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-...2_7-33016446.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

The cool thing about new Plasma's is that now they come with new setting for video game players. The plasma I've got has a setting for video game burning pixel replacement...or something like that. I read it in the manual book. What it does if by any chance you see any burn images on the screen, you can use the setting to either reset / replace the pixels.

Also, a friend of mine is a video game addict. He would play 10 to 14 hours a day on his JVC 42 ince Plama TV. This was when they just came out. He paid over $5k for it, and it never game him a problem for 6 years. They just got a new TV now and got a LCD. He said he never had a problem with burn in images. He stated the tv just burned out completely lol after 6 years.

I was going to buy a LCD, but the plasma has better graphics for movies, which is what I watch most of the time. My g/f only plays about 1 to 3 hours if she can a day. If I can get at least 4 years out of this TV, I will be happy :D

Back