Anyone play Marvel: Ultimate Alliance?

My cous and I went to a friends house, we bought our Wii. The guy we went to rented M:UA for us to try. We played it for about 3 minutes, got annoyed and went back to playing Wii Sports. Its a total waste and ( IMO ) the worst game on the Wii. Even GT Pro Tour or whatever that racing game with DS graphics was more fun. Seriosuly.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is a great game. It even got 4/5 on X-Play (and those two are very choosy). And if you don't like action RPG games, well that is your loss.

i have it,its a good first action rpg.if you like super heroes and stuff get it.

i bought it based on reviews i read online....and it's honestly a really fun game. Every game gets mixed reviews, so i didn't expect anything less.

As for the game...when i first bought it, my friend and I played it for 5 hrs straight...on the 5th hour, we realized there were lots of cool options...like you can buy more powers for each individual character, set items that give special powers, increase or decrease stats, etc...lots of cool lil stuff.

The beginning of the game is kinda slow...if u can get past the first few levels, it gets more fun later. A lot of puzzles to solve to progress, and pretty cool cuz of the amt of characters u can be.

Yeah, the graphics aren't the greatest, but at this point, i was all for gameplay. If i wanted crazy graphics I would settle for a PS3...but not the case. this game has a lot of motion with the controller as well, but u have the choice to use just buttons too...after awhile, we started just using buttons, cuz we were getting tired of swinging our hands so much. HAHA

Hope that helps in ur decision! i think it's a good game, and worth playing. I think BB has a sale this week for 39.99. Also I think costco has it all the time for 43.99, so u can get it there if u miss it this week :)

I really wanted to get it, then finally got it. At first glance of the gameplay, it felt really dodgy and bad quality, but when I started to play it more it got really fun and enjoyable. I love co-op games (not as scary to have just one character) I love how there's tons of characters..each with their own power.

I really enjoy it when I get to sit down and play without interruptions. Whenever I turn it on my 3 yr old wants to try to play it and choose news heroes. Very fun game with lots of cool power ups and options. I've tried it a couple of times with some friends and IMO it isn't as fun as the single player mode, but I would still recommend it, as the game play with the Wii is a blast.

I am a member on the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance V.I.P. site, so I like it. I am a huge fan of Marvel, I am even on marvel forums. I am not a comic-book nerd though.
I haven't played or gotten M:UA yet, because I still have to get my Wii.

To ChristmasWii, If you liked the Games, X-Men Legends 1 & 2, get this, this is even better.

Last edited:
Personally, I love it. Awesome choices of chars to play, easy to pick up and play. The controls take a little getting used to, however I find as I pick up the controls more and more, the game gets more and more fun. Just my $.02, but I think it was worth the price

I got it for Christmas, but I'm planning on exchanging it for CoD3.

however, i haven't played it yet, so i'm unsure of how wise this really is.

To me, it seems like it could be really entertaining, in co-op mode, due to it's similarity to the Gauntlet games (not sure if anyone played this, but it rocked on N64). Problem is, well..that is the problem. I would definitely rent it for a couple of days, and beat it with my friends, but I wouldn't buy it and beat it single player. It's just not designed for that.

I feel i could get a better single player experience out of another game.

So it all depends on what you're looking for, multiplayer or singleplayer?

I have Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and I like it a lot.

OFF TOPIC: For those of you that have M: UA, what part of the game are you guys at? I'm currently at the level where you have to take control of the bridge. I'm at the final part where I've got to fight the 4 guys.

(here's a screenshot taken from IGN of where I'm at if my description sucks)
marvel-ultimate-alliance-20061006100138161.jpg

marvel-ultimate-alliance-20061006100143504.jpg

Does anybody know how to beat them?? The best I've been able to do is beat 1 of em. Any help would be appreciated.

I like MA, but I did find it slow at first when I was just starting to get into it. The controllers do take a while to gt use to, but I find it easier if you do the motions at a slower pace, and not quickly.

I am currently at the part where you meet the Watcher and I just got the Crystal.

I'm considering this as one of my first Wii titles and have played the PS2 version. Do the graphics look just as good as PS2 or better? Xbox and PS3 looked amazing. I'm just wondering if the Wiimote added to the experience or if I should look into the PC version.

I really enjoy the game, if you have ever played gauntlet, it is alot like it but with more content. It is much more fun in my opinion if you have a friend/s that you can play the entire game through with.

Back