Anyone Play Organized Basketball here?

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
Or just for fun for that matter... It really doesn't matter..

Anyway, I think basketball would probably be my favorite sport. (Also play football and soccer) We're 8-0 this year (My Freshman team) and we're not expected to lose any time soon.

I haven't seen my stats in a few games but last time our stats guy told me I was averaging 7 points, 6 steals, 3 rebounds, 6 assists. (And no joke here, I had a double-double 2 games ago in steals (15) and assists (12) My coach referred to the team we played as the worst he's ever seen) We've also got a guy averaging a double-double in points and rebounds and another averaging close to 20 a game with another 3 steals.

Our team is crazy defensively. In middle school we won games like 60-20 and things along that line. Now that we're playing teams that know how to shoot we win like 70-45 or so. We did have 2 games that we won by 10 or less. (1 point win and a 10 point win)

Our coach keeps reminding us that we should practice like "A State Championship team" and almost every coach we play thinks that we should win it all...twice.

My sister's team is ranked #2 in the state right now. But her team did beat #5 and #1 lost to #4. Which should propel her team to #1. She's the leading scorer on that team and has signed for this Division 2 team. She's Jenny Dorman. We'll see how that goes.

So, what about you guys.. anyone play?

Last edited:
does chess count as a sport?

I don't know.. maybe? If video games do, so does Chess! But, Chess isn't basketball.. so stay on topic!

So, I'm assuming you don't play basketball.

Ya I play, in fact I had a game today...I play for a frshman team too...not my highschool team but just like a CYO team...the school I can from allways wins in basketball so we pretty much own everyone we play, were 5-0 as of now. I wouldn't say I'm that good, but I get the job done and I rock on defense, I just can't shoot :) I want to play your team Nic7

I'm pretty sure we'd rock you. Haha, I love cockiness. But, as far as I can remember, we've only lost to 3 teams that we have never beat: An All-Star team from St. Louis, the second ranked AAU team in the country (Can't remember their names. It was the something ATTACK) and another All Star team from Chicago.

But if you're from Cincy I can imagine you being pretty good. Our towns claim to fame is the Korver family. They have had 3 of those brothers go Division 1 and one of them is playing for the Utah Jazz. There's one more at our high school right now and he's averaging a double-double as a junior. He's about 6'6 and still has some growing left I think.

Yeah, people are crazy. Our whole team stays together and plays mostly around Iowa. (We were actually 7th and 8th graders at the time of the losses) But, the team that's "ranked" second in the country isn't officially ranked second. They just finished second at the National Tournament. I think the St. Louis team would have destroyed them.

Haha you know it! I'll bring the whole team with.. it'll be a good time.

nic get to high school like i did to see if you could even make it man high school basketball is wayy harder

I quit my team this year.

In fact, I got quite a few guys behind me as well. Our team has always been horrible, mostly because of the coaching. We've had a losing record since about fifth grade, and they think these two kids on the team are god, so they just rely on them, and all they rely on is themselves. So I decided not to try out this year and I got 4 guys to back me up [we were all shoo-ins].

Anyway, we're all playing rec ball and its so much better. We've still got competition, because we're all playing each other, but most importantly, its FUN.

I'm not really quite sure why I'm into Basketball. I don't usually go for team sports because I don't like relying on anyone but myself. I've been let down too many times. Basketball has just always clicked with me, though. Been a passion of mine ever since I was a little leve.

^Wow that means nothing...I joined CYO because I didn't want to commit Highschool Basketball, he's probably just as good as you...maybe better

@Its ok Leve...I feel ya

Haha, I know, I know. I'm 6'1 and likely still growing. But my team has played some of the best sophomore teams in our state and we beat all of them. But, I know, it's different when you get up there. Stronger guys, taller guys, bigger stage, more pressure. It's different.

@Leve- Yeah, one out of every 3 or 4 classes in Pella that happens too. There's always a grade that just gets screwed over. (Or at least screwed over by the underclassmen)

Last edited:
Back