anyone suggest 5 must have games for my new DS

smudge

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
Just returned my PSP after only having it for 6 mths,,yep great GFX,,but not enough quality games. Also alot of newly released films not being brought out on the UMD format.. SO i have purchased a new DS lite and want to buy around 5 games for it.. can anyone recommend 5 must have games ?

Use to be a big Sony fan,,but i feel they have lost there way a bit over the last few yrs where as Nintendo are going from strength to strength...Love my Wii and my nice new DS,just need some top games for it now..

Smudge.

you should give us a general idea of what kind of games you like, but from what i know:
elite beat agents
animal crossing: wild world
Yoshis Island DS
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Mario Kart DS

thoes seem like the most popular DS games, imo

1. Metroid Prime: Hunters
  2. New Super Mario Bros.
  3. Starfox Command
  4. Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble
  5. Mario Kart DS

...Elite Beat Agents is supposed to be really addictive as well.

...and a couple to keep an eye out for in the future would be:
  • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • Black & White (yes, like the classic PC game)

Last edited:
Out of the 10 - 13 games i own/have played, the ones that really stick out are...

Mario kart
Mario 64
Castlevania DS
Meteos
Brain age

Those are the ones i own... i can tell you there all good. There probably are better games out there that i haven't played. But its a pretty solid list up there.

Elite Beat Agents
Super Mario 64 DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Yoshi's Island DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World

Hmm...

Metroid Prime: Hunters
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing Wild World
Resident Evil DS
New Super Mario Brothers

1. New Super Mario Bros
2. Brain Age
3. Mario Kart DS
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World
5. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Those cover 4 different game genres too: Platform, simulation, RPG, racing.

Here's the deal, the Super Mario 64 game is nothing special and the controls are too sloppy. Animal Crossing is boring, Resident Evil DS is just a port of the original which you can play on the Gamecube and Ps1. Meteos, is a rip off of Lumines. Here's the 5 must-have games for your Nintendo DS.

1. Final Fantasy III
2. Dragon Quest XI (coming soon)
2.5. Elite Beat Agents (2.5 is there for a reason.) or Gunpey
3. Digimon World DS
4. Wario Ware: Touched!
5. Metroid Prime Hunters

Kamikaze said:
Here's the deal, the Super Mario 64 game is nothing special and the controls are too sloppy. Animal Crossing is boring, Resident Evil DS is just a port of the original which you can play on the Gamecube and Ps1. Meteos, is a rip off of Lumines. Here's the 5 must-have games for your Nintendo DS.

1. Final Fantasy III
2. Dragon Quest XI (coming soon)
2.5. Elite Beat Agents (2.5 is there for a reason.) or Gunpey
3. Digimon World DS
4. Wario Ware: Touched!
5. Metroid Prime Hunters

Animal crossing does get boring, but it's still open to many possibilities. Resident Evil DS is NOT a port. It includes new puzzles exclusive to the DS touch screen and offers a multiplayer mode. Plus, it's the fact that it's portable that I love, I remember playing it on the plane when I was going to Menorca. Super Mario 64's controls aren't too sloppy, and it was the best launch game out when the DS launches.

My point is that every game has weak points which can be evened out by good points. It's what points you go for in a game that make it a good game to you. For example; if you like ports and multiplayer games but prefer improved graphics than the original then Resident Evil DS is for you as it's 2 to 1. If you hate touch screen featured games, cheesy voice overs but like action games then Resident Evil probably isn't for you. Not a great example but do you see what I mean?

Tjharwin said:
Resident Evil DS is NOT a port. It includes new puzzles exclusive to the DS touch screen and offers a multiplayer mode.
Resident Evil DS is bloody good. I didn't play the original on the PSone, but I watched my mate play it often (he was good at it, I was ****, so I left him to it). I love the new features, like knife slashing and blowing into the mic to save someone's life.

It is a port, with a sprinkle of new features and old school 3D graphics. Animal Crossing DOES get boring. Sure it may be fun by doing chores and pulling weeds, but what is there to do after you've customized your house to your liking and paid off the debt? The game play is bland and one sided, and once you realize that you've pulled out weeds in a video game, why don't you realize how fun it is to do it in real life? Super Mario 64 for the DS has sloppy controls, and the control options don't really help either, as you have to drag the stylus to move with the other options.

Thx for everyones suggestions,,just have to decide now which games to get.. do like the mario games,,and the wario touched looks cool..

Thx again

Smudge

Back