anything but an ipod!

• Thread starter The_Loose_Cannon
  • Start date
T

The_Loose_Cannon

ok so i have my cheapo little chinese mp4 player that im in love with but i gotta face the facts, i need something a bit more high tech and sturdier than what i have with much more storage space.

i really really REALLLLLY dont want an ipod. the only reason id consider it is because it holds 80Gs and thats a whole lotta stuff! i just dont want it because of A) itunes although i know how to get around it, its just a pain in the ass, B) the name ipod C) everyone friggen person in the world has one and its nausiating. wheres the originality?

so guys, youre job is to convince me of an ultra cool mp3 player to get that has video capabilities and of course music. all the other nonsense stuff like pictures, games, things of that nature are just add ons and arent exactly my main point of focus for owning an mp3 player.

i want something with rather large storage- like 20 or more. the bigger the better though.

thats my main selling point. plus, i really dont know where to look. bestbuy is great and all but i mean its annoying and i dont want to do comparisons

thanks guys!

try a sony walkman, they are good mp3 players and come in large sizes, like 60G. ipods suck, i have one and i really dont like it.

Um, Microsoft Zune? It has the same features as an iPod Video (so you have your space). Here's a picture and the official website for more information. :D

zune.jpg

http://www.zune.net:80/en-US/
If the link doesn't work, Google Zune.

Ahh I have an ipod but I don't really like it.

I like to be different and I reaaally want this:

zune.jpg

But sadly I've fallen in love with the iphone so I'll just be getting that =/

Zune's are only $200.00... Sounds like a reasonable price. I would suggest on getting a Zune.

Last edited:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
ok so i have my cheapo little chinese mp4 player that im in love with but i gotta face the facts, i need something a bit more high tech and sturdier than what i have with much more storage space.

i really really REALLLLLY dont want an ipod. the only reason id consider it is because it holds 80Gs and thats a whole lotta stuff! i just dont want it because of A) itunes although i know how to get around it, its just a pain in the ass, B) the name ipod C) everyone friggen person in the world has one and its nausiating. wheres the originality?

so guys, youre job is to convince me of an ultra cool mp3 player to get that has video capabilities and of course music. all the other nonsense stuff like pictures, games, things of that nature are just add ons and arent exactly my main point of focus for owning an mp3 player.

i want something with rather large storage- like 20 or more. the bigger the better though.

thats my main selling point. plus, i really dont know where to look. bestbuy is great and all but i mean its annoying and i dont want to do comparisons

thanks guys!

Sorry to point out if anyne hasnt already an p3 player doesnt play videos as it only plays the mp3 files
The difference with an Ipod is plays alot of files
YOu will want an mp4 player for videos
try the iriverclix

Oh and btw apple are releasing a touch screen ipod in a few weeks called ipod touch
It doesnt play vids but

the sansa rhapsody is pretty sweet...

you can add new music/channels without buying it everytime you plug it into your computer. it runs off of rhapsody, which is a music service. i'm not sure if you have to subscribe to rhapsody or not, but if you do, you get unlimited access to all their music, which has more than itunes. the biggest is 8GB, but since you can put channels and stuff on there, you don't really need it. this is good for someone who likes to find new music and stuff. it's bad ass. i've got rhapsody and i love it.

wow the zune is VERY inexpensive on ebay for a 30G

why am i leaning towards one of these?

My sister has a Zune. Lol, she doesn't even use it anymore. :rolleyes:
The Zune is all right.. But, Jill .. it is REALLY awesome to put movies in them! Lol.
Oh, and Rach, have you tried the iPhone in the Apple Store (if you have one)?
I'd say it's all right. It leaves a lot of fingerprints though. :)

WiiWouldLike2Play said:
My sister has a Zune. Lol, she doesn't even use it anymore. :rolleyes:
The Zune is all right.. But, Jill .. it is REALLY awesome to put movies in them! Lol.
Oh, and Rach, have you tried the iPhone in the Apple Store (if you have one)?
I'd say it's all right. It leaves a lot of fingerprints though. :)

all i want it for is to play movies and music. thats my main concern. finding accessories for this wont be so bad either since its much like the ipod and has AV cables, docking stations, skins ect.

i smell my next christmas gift from my boyfriend!!!!!!! (along with a DS too achem)

The_Loose_Cannon said:
all i want it for is to play movies and music. thats my main concern. finding accessories for this wont be so bad either since its much like the ipod and has AV cables, docking stations, skins ect.

i smell my next christmas gift from my boyfriend!!!!!!! (along with a DS too achem)

Then you should definately get Microsoft Zune. :] It's so right for you! :p

i know that if i find one on ebay which i did for like 150 my bf is gunna want one too. hes a copy cat like that.

this way if i do get it, i dont have to make it gender neutral :sick: i want a pink one! or maybe ill get a black one and then just change the skins. thats like our wiimotes. i have a pink skin on my remote hes got the black which is again gender neutral lmao (the other 2 motes are green and blue)

Back