Approach this with an open mind, 6 Reasons why the Wii will fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelStone

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2007
Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.
2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD and Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's developers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive.
4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.
5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.
6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console that focuses mainly on party games with little one player incentives to survive. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like **** on this thing!!" support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

Now let's have some rebuttle.

But Nintendo has tapped the casual market. We don't count. Doesn't matter if the casuals don't use it. Once they've bought it it's a sale...

And for the past 3 generations the weakest console (graphically) has come out on top.

PS2>Xbox>Gamecube
PS1>N64
SNES>Genesis

P.S. This is terrible for a first post. This tells us that you only joined this site to complain about the Wii.

You're not taking into account the variable of us, human beings.

None of those 6 points are any reason why the wii will fail. They are minor disappointments, and nothing more. They ultimately amount to nothing.

This is a pretty terrible rebuttle, you are supposed to be giving me reasons to buy the Wii.

1 reason why the PS3 will fail

Last generation there was 2 black consoles and 1 purple console at launch. The minority got last. This generation there were 2 white and 1 black at launch...

See, I can make up reasons for things too.

You didn't ask us to give you reasons to buy a wii, you gave us an [obviously biased] list of reasons why the wii will [supposedly] fail.

What do you want us to say?

Two words for ya (no its not SUCK IT)
"Casual gamers"

The market no other console has had since the PSX/one
For a change theres a console that is for all ages (look at the age range on the site from mums/dads askin what games are good for there 4 year olds to 60+ year olds playin it them selfs (have herd that there are some in retirement homes that pushies it up even higher)

So in the end its ot the graphics that people are carein about (think Wiisports) its the way its played

AtomicB said:
And for the past 3 generations the weakest console (graphically) has come out on top.

PS2>Xbox>Gamecube
PS1>N64
SNES>Genesis

I dont think so the Gamecubes sales where awfull as where the N64s but the N64 won on quality titles allone
The SNES mega drive/Genesis was a tie in sales we all won that one with the games out

Yeah, you most difinitely weren't trying to set us up for reasons to buy the wii. You just said why the Wii would fail, then made fun of the best rebuttle that could come out of this situation.

Ahh, a kid to burn. Ok this is what I think:

1. Yeah, the graphics do suck but it's not a reason why a system would fail. Look at the DS and PSP. People obviously choose game play over graphics. I think you're wrong in this argument.
2. The Xbox 360 is still using DVD's to play games too. People are going to think twice before they start making games solely on HD-DVD's because the HD-DVD drive doesn't come with the 360, its sold separately.
3. 360 uses batteries too.
4. Yeah, I agree that it sucks that the Wii can't play DVD's but it's not going to be a reason its going to fail because almost everyone has a DVD player.
5. The reason most 3rd party games is just because they're rushing **** out just to have it out because the Wii is doing very well. Metroid was meant for Wii and this is just the first year, so chill out.
6. The Wii having that whole Wii Remote was the whole idea of the Wii. You thinking its a gimmick is your opinion and it's pretty obvious developers don't care if their games look like **** since they rush **** out on the Wii. Look at other games like MP3, SMG, and RE4. Having graphics that good on a weak machine takes time.

I got to say that every argument on this post are just dumb.

AxelStone said:
Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.graphics dont matter to the casual gamer, wich is what the wii targets. for many wii owners, it's their first video game console
2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD xbox doesnt use HD-DVD for games, nice try, they use DVDsand Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's again, 360 games are on DVDs, do some research dumbassdevelopers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive.what console doesnt use batteries now a days? seriously.. it's called rechargeable batteries, every console has them
4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.cause watching movies on your 360 is HARDCORE!!!1!!1 right? actually, the DVD player in the 360 is total crap, read some reviews on it cause most will tell you its one of the worst ever. sure you can buy an extra HD-DVD player for 179 but it wont ever be used for games
5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3MP3 is a remake? really? what console was it on before the wii? oh wait..it was developed for the wii and is considered one of the best games out for it, mostly for it's perfect controls. etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.no, they sell, and that means they make money, wich means they are happy to make games for wii
6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console no ****, the motion controls are the only reason to buy a wii, are u serious? lolthat focuses mainly on party gamesagain, casual gamers are the target audience, not hardcore with little one player incentives to survive. mario galaxy? zelda? metroid? heroes 2? disaster? i could go on and on. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like **** on this thing!!" yeah, that would happen, its all about money for developers. support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

Now let's have some rebuttle.

so in conclusion your a moron.

and just so you know, i am in no way a wii fanboy, i sold my wii to get a PS3 to go with my 360. so dont even try that argument on me.

those 6 reasons are just minor problems you personally dont like about wii.

SensesFail said:
so in conclusion your a moron.

and just so you know, i am in no way a wii fanboy, i sold my wii to get a PS3 to go with my 360. so dont even try that argument on me.
OMG :yikes: He makes sense. lol :lol:

Six Reasons Why You're Gay:

1: You join a wii chat to flame a console, clearly looking for an internet fight
2: Your name of choice is AxelStone
3: Your arguments were completely wrong for the most part, making you a dumbass.
4: Your second post, asking us to tell you reasons to buy a wii, competely conflicts with your original, wii hating post.
5: You probably dont own a single next gen console, and your most likly pissed you spent all your money on a gamecube last gen.
6: Because i said so.

see, i can make things up too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back