Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow..just reading that thread title is embarassing

the Wii's gonna fail is it??

hmmm...

fastest selling console ever?

supply cannot meet demand...idk if thats a good thing, BUT IT IS

there are so many reasons why you're an idiot, but i wont go into them

If you want people to give you an open mind and discuss the points you've brought to us, Don't insult whatever it is you are wanting discussed in your posts. Thats the biggest mistake you could have made.

Not only do you look like an idiot, EVERYONE knows that you just wanted to slam the wii. Which you did very poorly.

When you learn how to write objectively and actual problems with the wii, we'll take you seriously.

Two thing: 1) Who buys a console to play dvd's? Is it really that hard to go out and buy a $10-$15 dvd player? come on. Blu-ray i can understand because those things are expensive out the ass (thus getting a ps3 gets you an awesome console AND a blu-ray player. sweeeet)

2) The wii is more of a companion console. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, and from that standpoint, the wii is disappointing, but there are diamonds in the ruff when it comes to this topic. SMG, MP3, TP and the Virtual Console. The main reason i got the Wii were to play these games and the freaking Virtual console. Now i can go back and play most of the games i played as a young child, and with the gift of literacy, beat the games. I'm getting a 360 because the wii doesn't totally quench my thirst for hardcore games. I love my wii, but damnit i want to totally dominate my cousin when we play online.

Deanis said:
As a huge Wii supporter HEREs why Wii MIGHT fail. And its it's price. If Wii doesnt get a price drop soon, 360 will be the same price as it, AND the 360 comes bundled with one and occasionally two standalone games (which arent just techy demo Sports games). (Also has better graphics yaddayadda). But not enough people want a 360 (people were willing to shell out PS3 prices for Wii's) so it isnt going to happen, not anytime soon atleast.

By the time the Wii needs to drop in price, everyone will be talking about the next generation console. The reason that the 360 and PS3 are dropping to the price level of the Wii is that they aren't selling. Also, Sony and Microsoft can afford to produce money losing consoles, Nintendo can't. Which is why the Wii has been profitable from the start, unlike the 360/PS3, which have been sold at a loss from the start.

As for the original poster of the thread. In order for people to have an "open mind" discussion, you can't come in with a closed mind and expect people to change their view to suit your needs. You sir, are an idiot and have proven yourself so.

AxelStone said:
Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.
2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD and Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's developers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
3. It's controller uses batteries which are ultimately expensive.
4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.
5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.
6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console that focuses mainly on party games with little one player incentives to survive. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like **** on this thing!!" support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

Now let's have some rebuttle.

I shouldn't have left so early last night :lol:

1. Graphics?
Seriously dude they are not even that bad. Fanboy's call it two Gamecube's taped together, so surely that means it capable of decent visuals.

2. Last I heard, developers were coming over to the Wii because of the potential the console showed.

3. Batteries eh? Most packs are what now, like 5 bucks?
Oh noes, a pack of four batteries can last a while if you buy the right ones (Energizer). Or like suggested buy rechargeable batteries.

4. No DVD's? I already have a good quality DVD player, I don't need another one, and surely there are others out there in the same boat as me.

5. Re-hashed versions of past games? Are you kidding me?
Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3 are new games, and were not down before. Games in a series don't just fall under the re-hashed category.

6. Thing with developers is they haven't yet taken the time to push the Wii to its limit, this goes for third party though for the most part. Look at games like Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 and tell me they don't look good.

And this is supposed to tell you to buy a Wii or whatever.
Don't buy a Wii, instead, go back to the magazine stand where you learned this horrendous info about the Wii, and learn something about the other consoles as well. Maybe this generation ain't good enough for ya :lol:

AxelStone said:
Ok heres a list of reasons why I believe the Wii will die the death is surely deserves, debate would be appreciated.

1. It is based on a nancy Gamecube ATi graphics processor while the 360 and PS3 are based on innovative NVIDIA processors.
2. It's medium; DVD pales in comparison to HD-DVD and Blu Ray and when games start to become to large to fit on DVD's developers will begin to turn away from the Wii.
4. It is unable to play DVD's, HD-DVD's or Blu Ray OR play generic video files. Oh but it can display static photos, hardcore.
5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.). Also some Third Party developers have begun to release generic puzzle or simple 3D side scrollers which is an example of how developers don't actually take the console seriously.
6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console that focuses mainly on party games with little one player incentives to survive. It's gimmick incarnate and when developers begin to say "Hey! our games look like **** on this thing!!" support will dry up and you will all be left out in the cold.

Now let's have some rebuttle.
If you think the Wii sucks then why did you join this place?:wtf:

The Wii obviously won't fail for several reasons.

1. It has something all the other consoles don't.[Motion Senors]
2. It definitely has better game play due to the Motion Sensors.
3. I don't think there are lots of games that aren't out for Wii that are out for PS3 and 360. Most of them that aren't out for Wii are first party? Correct me if I'm wrong.
4. A PS2, and a DVD player stacked togethor are NOT bigger than a PS3. So why would you want to watch DVD's on a PS3? I think most people have COMPUTERS TO WATCH IT ON.
5. XBOX360 overclocks really easily I heard. I don't have one personally, but my friend left hers on and after 8 hours it fried.
6. Wii is just plain awesome. It is a lot more interactive with Mii Channels and CheckMiiOut and etc.
7. I don't know, but I don't think you can buy PSX games on a PS3 and XBOX games on a 360. BUT GUESS WHAT. You can on a Wii!!

Wait, I kinda agree there. Metroid does seem suspiciously like a Cube title and itd make sense.. youd think theyd complete a trilogy on one console, but oh no, Cube sales were terrible and Wii needed a killer app, so I'm saying they delayed it and fine tuned some excellent motion controls for it. We also know Twilight Princess was originally only Cube aswell....
And there are PLENTY killer apps that WIi doesnt have and PS3/360 do... Mass Effect, COD4, Bioshock, skate, RockBand, World in Conflict, Crysis...Viva Pinata etc
I still prefer my Wii....

Last edited:
once interest falls on the Wii the next Wii will come out. Nintendo has been using this business model for ever. Remember how the DS did terrible in the United States, well they launched the DS lite that was more appealing--boom it starts to sell in the US.

I assure you Nintendo already has a Wii 2 sitting up in there office with everything a ps3 has graphics wise just being tested and what not.

i don't agree with all of that guys views but I agree that Nintendo should've put a new graphics engine in it and then I'm sure it would've got all of the sweet titles PS3 and 360 gets such as COD4 and GTA4, and if those games ever do come to the console they need to make a better old school type controller instead of the classic because some games just work better with old school controls

MVGeneral said:
"The fall of wii" Wii can't fall. Because it has already won. Outselling the xbox and the Ps3 wasn't what the compony was expecting, but it happend and for christmas stores are out of stock to the ever so popular wii. Wii falling is surely not an option or possiblity even if they were to try. But loss of interest is, but that is also very very slim like 99 to 1 (out of 99 posiblities theres always that 1). Before i had the wii console how much did i think how the wiimote is going to tackle down this game and then this and then so on and so forth. Im not the only one.

Graphics does not make a Gaming console a gaming console. Gameplay does, and a part of gameplay is the new motion sensing capability that wii pulls off flawlessly. Wii made the best buisness choice from all 3 systems. Not adding all these mombo-jumbos (ex. dvd player/blueray player and etc) that just make the consoles high in price. People buy Game consoles for the purpose of gaming, not to watch dvd movies. Everyone has dvd players and people have HD-DVD players already (i know i do). Hands down Nintendo did the smartest. They've patented the wii/mote. Wow imagen the next consoles. When graphics get better it ultimately varies in small comparison how far can Microsoft and Sony go. But on the other hand the nintendo can make another console with the graphics that the Ps3 and 360 have, for their next console and it would be cheaper than the next sony cosole and the microsoft console. Nintendo made the best buisness decision. In other words Nintendo OWNS the ps3 and xbox.
I should rep you but im lazy. I dont know how many idiots are out there saying the wii is going to fail. when you buy a console you will not return it, why? because there is always a great game for it and you could always sell it for 2x the money. and i hate how people are complaining about DVD players i have 7 in my damn house! counting all the computers laptops consoles and the real one!

5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Compared to the other big titles on the other consoles?

MGS4, Halo 3, FFXIII, the videogame industry is full of sequels that could be labeled as rehashes.

I really don't understand why some people hate the Wii. It is lacking in good third party support but it's still a great system. The controller works extremely well for a lot of games too, so I'm not even gonna argue with you there.

I approached with an open mind.

I will reply to all your arguments because everyone else does it as well and I'm sensitive to hypes. :)

The wii graphic capabilities are fine. They're not great, perhaps even dated, but I don't mind a couple less polygons as long as the art design is great. NVIDIA cards are not innovative, they're just more powerful. Yes, there's a difference.

They're discs, you can burn data on them. The only two differences is that HD discs can produce a higher resolution invisible to the human eye and it's more expensive.

All next-gen consoles require batteries. Rechargable batteries are not expensive in the long run.

My DVD player plays movies and so does anyone else's DVD player that by now everyone in the world has. Hardcore!!!l!!LOL!!|!

5. Most of the games on the Wii are shallow First Party or Third Party titles which are essentially just re-hashed versions of past games (Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3 etc.).
Games on other console are either shooters or quizes. I prefer sequels to popular franchises.

6. In the end if the Wii didn't have the Wii-mote it would simply be a rather ordinary, graphically unimpressive console
But it isn't because it DOES have a wiimote! Isn't that amazing! And if the PS3 and the 360 didn't have cables to connect them to TV screens, they would just be decoration, but they are not. Isn't that incredible?

Reasons why the PS3 sucks LOL!!! (in character)

1. Its graphics will be dated in two years. Oh noes!!

2. The discs are Blu-Ray! The PS2 had DVD's which was the greatest thing in the world but now it SUXORZ (LOL!) because the Wii has DVD. Consoles in the future will have a new and better format so eventually I will hate PS3 as well because Blu-Ray will be outdated then! Why hate later what I can hate now? LOL!

3. Its controllers are the same as PS1 controllers (which were SNES controllers with a new design) except now it's wireless! That suxorz because you need batteries and batteries are tha sux!!!!LOL!!!

4. It is unable to play floppy discs.

5. The games suxorz because some of them are sequels (while others aren't, but they sucks too!!!) LOL!

6. Sixaxis controllers are great! They are a revolution and I love playing games using the new controller! But here's the problem: What if the PS3 didn't have sixaxis? That's right, PS3 sucks because it is capable of doing something while at the same time we can imagine how much life would sux if this wasn't the case!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back