Arceus Has Been Officially Announced!!

↑which will never happen. for some epic over kill Arceus could go Dark/Bug/Ghost then blast Mew2 with Judgement

Or Mewtwo could just kick Arcie in the teeth. Done and done. :yesnod:

Arceus doesn't have a mouth though. as a good he doesn't need to eat.

so you can't kick him in the teeth if he has none

He has a face. A swift kick to the face should do the trick. Havent you heard? Mewtwos been training at Hitmonlees dojo :lol:

Ya, Mewtwo could kick Arceus. Pretty damn hard too, right? ..I'm sure Arceus' triple swords danced STAB Giga Impact wouldn't hurt as badly. :p

Ya, Mewtwo could kick Arceus. Pretty damn hard too, right? ..I'm sure Arceus' triple swords danced STAB Giga Impact wouldn't hurt as badly. :p
Of coarse not! Everyone knows that!

Plus, Mewtwo can use Ultimate

...oh thats Final Fantasy? Nevermind...

If Mewtwo can use Ultimate, Arceus can use Supernova. :lol:

..Uh.. Supernova is a lot more powerful than Meteor, if I remember. XD Well, Arceus can use DRACO Meteor! :lol:

(Concerning a couple relevant posts ago)
There isnt a definate BEST yet. It's kinda between Mewtwo, Arceus, and Deoxys-A with Arceus (not far, but) kinda in 3rd.
I personally can't choose between Deoxys-A and Mewtwo when I actually DO do an uber battle (for those who don't know, I had one with a chap on yt about a week ago. I won 2-0, but it was boring). Normally I prefer Doexys-A due to his insane attack stats. I know his defenses are meh but what's gonna stand in his way? Not much. But I find his lack of defense disturbing (dv ^^) every now and then and tend to lean towards a choice or l.orb Mewtwo svery now and then (WHO IS STILL THE METAGAME GOD IMO)
Arceus is just, meh. 120s across the board but 120 is no 160/70.

I won't knock his greatness, he's just not the best. (Murkrow is >)

Murkrow aint got nothin on Farfetch'd

Ah, so you've played an uber match recently.. Never would of expected that.

Exactly how do you use Arceus? Sweeper, tank, etc.? It seems to me like you're using Deoxys-A/Mewtwo for their higher Sp. atk and speed(especially Deoxys-A)and their large movepool. If you're trying to use Arceus in this way, it's a pretty bad idea. I'm sure you know, but Arceus is more tailored to setting up and sweeping once a team is weakened/you've seen enough to gauge the right time to sweep. Not that Deoxys-A and Mewtwo can't do this, ofcourse. Mewtwo has CM and Deoxys-A has a few tricks, like sub-petaya.

So basically what I'm asking is.. what kind of set were you using for Arceus?

Murkrow aint got nothin on Farfetch'd

I lol'd. :lol:

**** Farfetch'd

I'm actually one of the people who use a fist plate utility Arceus.

Judgement/IceBeam/Recover/Toxic
252HP/72DEF/96S.ATK/32S.DEF/56SPE

Countering utility #1 set from Smogon.
I find that there are better sweepers out there (I know, I know, SD sets W/E) Nobody
uses psychic in ubers so It's actually fairly safe (Lugia does his job better IMO though.

Hah, so you use Fist Plate Arceus? How ironic. :lol:

As you said, Lugia can do a lot of what a defensive Arceus can do, but better. Arceus does have a few advantages though. Mainly, being a fighting type and having incredibly rare weaknesses, even more so rare in Ubers. That, and a very powerful STAB fighting move, which Lugia can't really accomplish. Both are great walls, but each of them has their own seperate duties, really.

..That, and as the name set implies, it a counter utility, not a wall like Lugia. Arceus is more along the lines of a tank after all. IMO, Lugia is much better at countering specific things than Arceus is, but Arceus has less that can KO it, or scare it away even. Lugia's got higher stats but more weaknesses/counters, Arceus has lesser stats but in return less weaknesses and especially counters.

So for this specific set, Lugia can't really mimic it for lacking a STAB fighting move, and ofcourse, a single fighting type. ..That, and you won't see Lugia countering Darkrai/Tyranitar and other dark/steel typed friends. :p Too bad Arceus can't access leftovers.

Back