Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are European Wiis UK compatible?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by naepalz, Oct 8, 2007.

1. naepalz

naepalz WiiChat Member

I am really sorry if the answer to this question is really obvious but I can't seem to find it out anywhere else

Basically what i am trying to find out is, if I buy a Wii from France (where they are actually in stock!!) would it be compatible for use in the UK and with UK bought games and would it's language be in French? I have been trying to buy one in the UK for several weeks with no success and as a birthday deadline is looming this seems to be my only option if I am not to have a seriously disappointed daughter!!

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

2. Napalmbrain

Napalmbrain WiiChat Member

Welcome to the forums!

I think a French Wii should work fine, as Britain and France are in the same region. Don't worry about the language, you can change it at any time.

3. uk_louis_1986

uk_louis_1986 WiiChat Member

I dont think it would as the tv standard is secam in france and pal here. The wii i got in germany works on my britis tv as they use pal too.

follow the link for a list of tv standard for each contry as long as its PAL it will work http://www.kropla.com/tv.htm

4. naepalz

naepalz WiiChat Member

Thanks for the advice I have bought one from Germany instead as at least someone has one from there which definitely works. Even including the postage it has only worked out at £186, which is a whole lot cheaper than the silly Amazon Marketplace and Ebay prices just now, just hope the manual is in more than one language lol!!