Are good Graphic's killing the 360?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
Now before I begin I know there's alot of 360 fans out there so don't get all mad and Im just stating my opinion and not saying its a fact just saying this could be a downfall for the 360.

So why is it the 360 only has a hand full of good games while the Wii has already showed us over 20 good looking games to be released this year?
We'll one of the Bug reason I think is because of the graphics's 360 games should have.

You may say no way could good graphics's be a bad thing for a system. But look at this Sonic and the Secret Rings was made in just a year while the 360 version took over 2 years to make. Which was better? Sonic and the Secret Rings and
1) it took less time to make
2) cost less to make
3) Was annouced only a couple months before the game came out.

While with most 360 games you hear about a game like a year before they come out this can be a good and bad thing. The bad thing is for a game like Fable 2 it makes you want it more but you have to wait over a year for the game will games like Sonic or Mysims are announced only 5 months before they come out meaning less time to wait for the game.

Look at the new Sonic and Mario game and the new Knights game both are being announced now but will be out in the next 9 months thats not that long of a wait for a game is it? Look at how long people have been waiting for games like Halo 3, Fable 2, Assains Creed its been more than a year since these games were announced and people are still waiting for them to come out. Kinda sucks right?

Also worst graphics makes the game's cheaper look at all the Wii games 50 bucks not 60, will you pay 10 more bucks for Spiderman 3 becuase it looks a little bit better? I hope not.

So how is this effecting the 360? We'll its making it take longer for them to make games for the 350 meaning the list of good games on the 360 is shorter than it has to be. While the Wii already has over 5 good games (worth there price tag) the 360 only has about 10 good games (worth there price tags) But wait the Wii's only been out for 5 months while the 360's been out for over a year longer. Why are they only a head by so little? Its because 360 games take longer to make so you have to wait longer for some nice looking game that could have been out a year earlier if they'd make it look less shiny.

So I know Microsoft does not care about what could make there system better but this is just my advise make you games less good looking and add better game play or you'll soon be losing to the Wii.

360 only having ten good games, are you insane!!! ok now that thats out of the way. i agree with you to some degree, and the wii only has like 2 good games yet i think its worth the price tag!

The ps3 has the same problem, except its worse. I think both microsoft and sony are focusing on the future rather than the present to get the most profit. In a few years with some killer aps they could be competing with the Nintendo.

En4Neo said:
The ps3 has the same problem, except its worse. I think both microsoft and sony are focusing on the future rather than the present to get the most profit. In a few years with some killer aps they could be competing with the Nintendo.
uh, they are competing with nintendo.
at lest 360 is.

Hybrid said:
at lest 360 is.

Yes they are, but I meant competing as in doing just as good as the Wii is right now, if not better.

Hybrid said:
at lest 360 is.

So true...and Microsoft has a HUGE variety of games to choose from in their library. I've already got a list of like 10-15 taht I want to get and are about to be released which is why I'm working like a madman to save money to get an Elite (maybe a Premium...all depends on the benefits v cons).

Hell if you want just 3 reasons to get a 360 I"ll give em to you:
1) Gears of War
2) Mass Effect
3) Halo 3

JerrodDRagon said:
Now before I begin I know there's alot of 360 fans out there so don't get all mad and Im just stating my opinion and not saying its a fact just saying this could be a downfall for the 360.

So why is it the 360 only has a hand full of good games while the Wii has already showed us over 20 good looking games to be released this year?
We'll one of the Bug reason I think is because of the graphics's 360 games should have.

You may say no way could good graphics's be a bad thing for a system. But look at this Sonic and the Secret Rings was made in just a year while the 360 version took over 2 years to make. Which was better? Sonic and the Secret Rings and
1) it took less time to make
2) cost less to make
3) Was annouced only a couple months before the game came out.

While with most 360 games you hear about a game like a year before they come out this can be a good and bad thing. The bad thing is for a game like Fable 2 it makes you want it more but you have to wait over a year for the game will games like Sonic or Mysims are announced only 5 months before they come out meaning less time to wait for the game.

Look at the new Sonic and Mario game and the new Knights game both are being announced now but will be out in the next 9 months thats not that long of a wait for a game is it? Look at how long people have been waiting for games like Halo 3, Fable 2, Assains Creed its been more than a year since these games were announced and people are still waiting for them to come out. Kinda sucks right?

Also worst graphics makes the game's cheaper look at all the Wii games 50 bucks not 60, will you pay 10 more bucks for Spiderman 3 becuase it looks a little bit better? I hope not.

So how is this effecting the 360? We'll its making it take longer for them to make games for the 350 meaning the list of good games on the 360 is shorter than it has to be. While the Wii already has over 5 good games (worth there price tag) the 360 only has about 10 good games (worth there price tags) But wait the Wii's only been out for 5 months while the 360's been out for over a year longer. Why are they only a head by so little? Its because 360 games take longer to make so you have to wait longer for some nice looking game that could have been out a year earlier if they'd make it look less shiny.

So I know Microsoft does not care about what could make there system better but this is just my advise make you games less good looking and add better game play or you'll soon be losing to the Wii.
i stopped reading after the first paragraph, wii has NO good games totally worth buying except zelda, and thats a fact, the rest give the system little life
while 360 has tons already
maybe ill read the rest later

okay i actually read the rest to laugh
your argument blows..really it does
360 has awesome gameplay IMO, jsut casue wii has the wiimote dosent mean its the best gameplay, the main reason i got rid of the wii was because i didnt like the wiimote...and all you nintendo fans..cant say you hate regular pads, cause you used them and loved them on the GC
wii games hardly score high (say on ign)
and there are plenty of 360 games that have scored 8.5+ (on ign)

Last edited:
Now come on sovieto ...the Wii has plenty of great games besides Zelda. I've got some business to take care so I can't write them all out but I'm sure someone can point them out to you. Trauma Center for starters.

MasterJedi2U said:
Now come on sovieto ...the Wii has plenty of great games besides Zelda. I've got some business to take care so I can't write them all out but I'm sure someone can point them out to you. Trauma Center for starters.
how long does the fun on that game last?

A good while I think. Even though its a 1P game I love doing the surgeries over and over again. Plus you can try to get a higher score. I hear the Godfather is awesome too. Elebits is a pretty exciting game but it is more for the children. Madden is also an awesome game that got me back into videogame sports thanks to the unique controls.

MasterJedi2U said:
A good while I think. Even though its a 1P game I love doing the surgeries over and over again. Plus you can try to get a higher score. I hear the Godfather is awesome too. Elebits is a pretty exciting game but it is more for the children. Madden is also an awesome game that got me back into videogame sports thanks to the unique controls.
my friend has elebites and said it wasnt fun for to long, i wasnt that interested for to long into it
godfather is a port, you can get it on other systems, same with madden, but i think its a fair trade off, online-controls
also trauma center is a port

Sovieto said:
my friend has elebites and said it wasnt fun for to long, i wasnt that interested for to long into it
godfather is a port, you can get it on other systems, same with madden, but i think its a fair trade off, online-controls
also trauma center is a port
I might be wrong but I don't think Trauma Center is a port.

paintba||er said:

I might be wrong but I don't think Trauma Center is a port.
it is (ds)
they renamed it and added a few things
they called it something else so people wouldnt think it was a port, which it is

Back