Are good Graphic's killing the 360?

^oh screw Reviews they are all biased and give points to games with graphics's which is BS.

Manny21 said:
i had a wii, i changed to 360 because most of the games on wii aren't fun and they dont fit will with the motion control, only warioware and zelda but the rest sucked!!! and i had to keep trading games so i can stayed satisfied so i just traded my wii for a 360 and now im having more fun like with rainbow six vegas, gow, cod2 and 3 wwe 2007, and i just got xbox live which ROCKS!!! i just gotta say 360 is way better the gameplay and GRAPHICS are awesome, wii is good i love nintendo but i think they are not going for graphics which most of percent in this generation wants, not gc graphics or ps2 graphics.

360 GAMES
1. GEARS
2. HALO 3
3. ASSASINS CREED
4. DEVIL MAY CRY 4
5. FABLE 2
6. GEARS 2
7. RAINBOW SIX VEGAS
8. RAINBOW SIX VEGAS 2
9. GRAW 1 & 2
10. MASS EFFECT
11. CRACKDOWN
12. OBLIVION
and much more!! that are great with the 360 and the graphics

Ok Crack down (GTA but with a Super Hero)
Oblivion (on the PC and PS3)
GRAW, Gears of War and Vegas will all die when Halo 3 comes out.
Fable 2, Masseffect, Assassins creed, GTA and Devil May cry 4 look good but dont come out until the Fall. While the Wii has Super Paper Mario, Metriod, 3, Mario Strikers, Pokemon, mySims, manhunt and more games coming out this Spring/Summer and has other great games coming in the Fall (including Nights 2)

JerrodDRagon said:
^oh screw Reviews they are all biased and give points to games with graphics's which is BS.

Ok Crack down (GTA but with a Super Hero)
Oblivion (on the PC and PS3)
GRAW, Gears of War and Vegas will all die when Halo 3 comes out.
Fable 2, Masseffect, Assassins creed, GTA and Devil May cry 4 look good but dont come out until the Fall. While the Wii has Super Paper Mario, Metriod, 3, Mario Strikers, Pokemon, mySims, manhunt and more games coming out this Spring/Summer and has other great games coming in the Fall (including Nights 2)
dosent matter they are each reviewed by their own type..nintendo guys review nintendo games, vice versa so its not bias....and if anything its like impossible to get dead rising 8.3, and the **** on wii 8.4 or whatever, cuase its **** quality on wii (all the games right nwo)
and he was just pointing out good games

remeber the good ole days when you had a nes, snes, sega, n64, dreamcast, and a ps1? good times. good times. why start bitching now? just buy em all. xbox has more games. which is a big duh seeing as how it was out the longest. the wii isnt even in the competition. they just make games if they wanted to be thy would have all that dvd playback and bells and whistles like the others. (sometimes its good not to be like the others). the ps3 is a multimedia device. stop bitchin and buy em all. if you dont like a system for what ever reason then just dont buy it.

Lets put Wiired into the scenario :) well I had a Wii, and couple of weeks ago sold it for a 360, and it was by far the right decision. I used to hate Xbox - for no apparent reason, but my friends were making it appealing to me. I have 3 games, Fifa 07, WWE SVR 07 (not a wrestling fan, but love wrestling games :]) and Gears of War, and I find it hard to stop playing them. Wii Sports got boring pretty quickly IMO the only thing I enjoyed was Tennis, due to being a Tennis fan, and the rest were simply okay. Zelda was great, though I got fed up of having to hold the control up to shoot an arrow, when it was realistic anyway. I had NFS - Carbon which was good, though the steering just got boring - I used to have a steering wheel for PS2, and never liked it. I had two other driving games which weren't all that good and had the same effect. I also had Wii Play, which was good, until you got a medal in everything, then it was jus boring. All 3 360 games I have are online, and at least a couple of my friends have each - 'cept GOW which ALL my friends who have a 360 have (about 12?). I absolutly love the achievement system on 360, giving you something to work for (I've already got a gamerscore of 1040 :]) and having practically every game online is quality. The microphone is amazing. I know it seems pretty simple and maybe even overrated, but it's quality, nuff said. The Wii hasn't got a mic. Nor does it have online - though when it will I'm not expecting much, due to the lack of decent games with online (they should have made Wii Sports, NFS, Red Steel etc.. online) though I'm not saying there aren't gonna be decent games online 'cause there will be (such as Brawl and Pokemon (to Pokemon fans)) but just not as much. Finally, the demo system. Being able to download decent demos for free, before even considering to buy a game is great. There's so far about 60 demos you can download? (may be slightly wrong) all even all of them I think are online games (if bought). The likes of Sonic, I would have wanted to try a demo first, before attempting the game due to wanting to check out the controls, but wouldn't be able to unless I bought a Wii magazine in hope for a demo disc. So yeah, and to the title, graphics killing the 360? what the jeeeeezus? :lol: I have 3 games and tbh, I doubt I'll need any more for ages, because I'm happy with them and got much to do when it comes to achievements :] may get a Wii later in the year, may not. Wiired out.

Re: Op

I dont think having great looking games on the 360 really effects the release dates too much, and people who own a 360 do want their games to look nice. I do think theres small cases where power might be over-used in substitution for interesting visual ideas.
Have you ever played a game that looks amazing but didn't really look that interesting?. i think it's similiar to the the classic debate between realistic and not so realistic games. twisting reality makes things more interesting, you have to take a second look at what your seeing. Though a different type of gamer might prefer something easier to look at, minimum diversity.

Having alot of graphical memory is certainly not a bad thing, it allows designers alot of 'freedom' (Oblivion anyone?, or GoW?). In the end its up to the designers to make games look interesting... if they can look nice, big and shiny at the same time then thats a really nice bonus and defnitly something that 360 benifits from, adding to the overall experience.

In many cases a less powerful console like Wii forces designers to think a little outside the box to make the games apealing (more diverse design and making use of the wiimote for example). Perhaps this was a factor nintendo considered, but more likley cost of the console and game manufacture time were reasons higher up the list when deciding on the power of the wii.

imae said:
I dont think having great looking games on the 360 really effects the release dates too much, and people who own a 360 do want their games to look nice. I do think theres small cases where power might be over-used in substitution for interesting visual ideas.
Have you ever played a game that looks amazing but didn't really look that interesting?. i think it's similiar to the the classic debate between realistic and not so realistic games. twisting reality makes things more interesting, you have to take a second look at what your seeing. Though a different type of gamer might prefer something easier to look at, minimum diversity.

Having alot of graphical memory is certainly not a bad thing, it allows designers alot of 'freedom' (Oblivion anyone?, or GoW?). In the end its up to the designers to make games look interesting... if they can look nice, big and shiny at the same time then thats a really nice bonus and defnitly something that 360 benifits from, adding to the overall experience.

In many cases a less powerful console like Wii forces designers to think a little outside the box to make the games apealing (more diverse design and making use of the wiimote for example). Perhaps this was a factor nintendo considered, but more likley cost of the console and game manufacture time were reasons higher up the list when deciding on the power of the wii.
in your first agrument, i in fact have never seen a game that has superb graphics, but dosent look interesting to mass audiences..because most games that get a lot of hype get a lot of funding for design, gameplay still in the core though, offering something new
and nice statement wiired

An extreme(or maybe a bad) example of what i mean might be Gran Tourismo HD, practicaly everthing in the game is modeled based on real life.. it looks amazing becuase its so real, and its suppose to look real so it is in no way a flaw of the game at all. but you could say although it looks jaw droppingly realistic and apealing to the eye, its really not that interesting becuase everything you see is recognizable right away. again, ofc this is not a downfall of the game - it's suppose to be like this. simulator games can look very nice and be exciting to play, but imo never that interesting to look at.

now i'm not trying to compare graphical design between GoW and GT, but the above was just to point out how different kinds of games aim to achieve different experiences.

In gears of war the primary kind of enemy resembles a pale skinned human.. but when examined closer looks a little lizard-like.

gears_of_war_infinity.jpg

this is what makes the character design interesting, and i think they used the graphical power of the 360 quite well in this case, and although there are imo more interesting enemies in the game, they made good 'opening enemies' becuase they are a slight twist on the human form.

lost-planet-20061020041046144_qjpreviewth.jpg

in lost planet i find the enemies a little less interesting.. many resembling familiar looking large bugs with sharp elements, i didn't find myself saying "what the hell is that thing!" but rather "omg its a giant bug.. run!". but largely i think this was the intention of the concept designers.

There are better examples out there, but i guess my point is game designers have an increasingly tough job deciding how far to go on things with so much graphical power becomming available. where to draw the line between realism and diversity, when all you have to do is model something and add textures etc to make it look nice.

Last edited:
imae said:
Good statement, and also this is one of the many things I really love about Gears, and thats the fact the storylines and stuff if told are unbelievable, such as a gun with a chainsaw (even though that's uber cool :]) but when you're playing, due to the great graphics and movements from the characters and even the scenery (like the rain in Act 2/3 going down the trees :eek:) it makes it somehow really realistic. Fit stuff tbh

I think we should realize that both systems have their high and low points. The 360 is known for exploding a lot while the Wii is still trying to battle this kiddie image (the name doesn't help matters at all). However I plan on owning a 360 one day and I look forward to it. Hopefully I can save enough up to get it by the end of this year or by my birthday at the earliest. Heres the list of games I want or I'm interested in for it:
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Lost Planet
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Halo 3
Resident Evil 5 (assuming it doesn't come to the Wii)
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Too Human
Tomb Raider Legend

Bottom line is that both deserve respect at the very least since they have changed gaming for the better thru innovation, great games, and awesome marketing strategies (unlike sony). I mean really the Gears of War commerical is simply beautiful and stays in your mind long after its finished.

MasterJedi2U said:
Bottom line is that both deserve respect at the very least since they have changed gaming for the better thru innovation, great games, and awesome marketing strategies (unlike sony). I mean really the Gears of War commerical is simply beautiful and stays in your mind long after its finished.

What are you talking about, all three consoles have brought something great to the gaming arena. Sony most of all. When the features of each system start showing up on other consoles the gamers will get to experience more, but now is a time of change and each console and their company is offering something special. Sony is doing a great job, despite your bias and sony hate.

Are you stalking me or something? And IMO sony hasn't brought a damn thing to the table except arrogant sony fanboys and a few title games. What are you going to do about it? Scream to the high heavens and curse me to hell? Come to my house and force me to acknowledge something about them that I don't believe in. sony is not a worthwhile company to me and not worthy of my money. Its not hate. Its years of watching them and learning about their practices.

Sorry about the double post.

And oh yeah being a graphics whore isn't, "bringing something new" to the table. Any company can increase graphical power or add more hard drive space. Microsoft has managed to do that while still producing a stellar product and worthwhile games for everyone to enjoy.

PS If I hated sony so much I would do something about it. Not talk about them and my problems with their products. I may dislike them intensly and wish they'd go away but I "hate" is a pretty strong word. Is it sorta like the way you hate me?

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
Are you stalking me or something? And IMO sony hasn't brought a damn thing to the table except arrogant sony fanboys and a few title games.

I read the same forums you do, is it that suprising that I would post in the same forums as well?

Ok sure its your opinion they havent brought anything to the table. Its a fact they have offered much larger game mediums in which games and movies can play on, true HD, Free online cabalities along with a 3d word in which sponsors and advertisers take up the cost and not the consumer, also making it common to include montion sensing controllers, and most of all an open based system in which normal people can program their own executables and mods for the system. Meaning community based projects can be made, user made games, and an advanced OS that allows just about anything. I would say thats a lot. But its ok if you dont want to acknowlege it. I mean hey, if you dont want to believe the sky is blue, then thats your right... right?

Its not hate. Its years of watching them and learning about their practices.

Oh but it is hate. You genuinely hate the company, therefore the product. Please explain these.. "years of watching them and learning about their practices"? what practices have you seen that are FACT? What FACTUAL things have you watched them do? Please explain yourself. You make a claim and i would like to see some evidence to their "evilness".

Back