Are good Graphic's killing the 360?

Brand Nubian said:
people annoy me when they say stuff like 360 has better graphics then wii !! No **** dumbass but people act like the wii graphics are like n64 and **** the i mean have thesse peoplle seen super mario galaxy or ssbb
yah we have, and they are good for what they are meant to be...stuff xbox 1 could make

JerrodDRagon said:
Now before I begin I know there's alot of 360 fans out there so don't get all mad and Im just stating my opinion and not saying its a fact just saying this could be a downfall for the 360.

So why is it the 360 only has a hand full of good games while the Wii has already showed us over 20 good looking games to be released this year?
We'll one of the Bug reason I think is because of the graphics's 360 games should have.

You may say no way could good graphics's be a bad thing for a system. But look at this Sonic and the Secret Rings was made in just a year while the 360 version took over 2 years to make. Which was better? Sonic and the Secret Rings and
1) it took less time to make
2) cost less to make
3) Was annouced only a couple months before the game came out.

While with most 360 games you hear about a game like a year before they come out this can be a good and bad thing. The bad thing is for a game like Fable 2 it makes you want it more but you have to wait over a year for the game will games like Sonic or Mysims are announced only 5 months before they come out meaning less time to wait for the game.

Look at the new Sonic and Mario game and the new Knights game both are being announced now but will be out in the next 9 months thats not that long of a wait for a game is it? Look at how long people have been waiting for games like Halo 3, Fable 2, Assains Creed its been more than a year since these games were announced and people are still waiting for them to come out. Kinda sucks right?

Also worst graphics makes the game's cheaper look at all the Wii games 50 bucks not 60, will you pay 10 more bucks for Spiderman 3 becuase it looks a little bit better? I hope not.

So how is this effecting the 360? We'll its making it take longer for them to make games for the 350 meaning the list of good games on the 360 is shorter than it has to be. While the Wii already has over 5 good games (worth there price tag) the 360 only has about 10 good games (worth there price tags) But wait the Wii's only been out for 5 months while the 360's been out for over a year longer. Why are they only a head by so little? Its because 360 games take longer to make so you have to wait longer for some nice looking game that could have been out a year earlier if they'd make it look less shiny.

So I know Microsoft does not care about what could make there system better but this is just my advise make you games less good looking and add better game play or you'll soon be losing to the Wii.

Sonic was announced at e306 under code name Sonic "Wildfire." So it wasnt announced a couple months before the launch of the game. Actually, the ps3/wii/360 versions were all announced at the same time. I know the ps3/360 versions were far different then the wii version but they werent announced a seperate times.

With Knights and sonic/mario go the olympic games. Those games have probly been in development for almost 7 months already. Probly sonic/mario has been in development since they heard Beijing would hold the 08 games. Just because they just announced a game doesnt mean it hasnt been in development for some time. My sims has probably been in development since EA saw the Mii function back when it was confirmed in sept. or when you saw the miis playing tennis at e3 06.

Im not completely disagreeing with you that it takes more time for a 360 game to be made. But thats because 360 developers just want to make the best game possible, it seems with the wii they are porting over whatever they can as fast as they can to maximize profits.

Plus, Zelda took forever. I know they were just waiting for the wii to come out, but at one point, they probably werent thinking that. I believe Brawl originated at e3 05. Or atleast that is when the idea of the game originated. Trust me, this one wont be out till spring 08. Thats about 3 years. Even if we see it in December it will be 2.5 years. So, a great game on the wii takes about 2+ years. A 360 game, maybe longer. I believe they announced Gears of War at e3 05 as well. Took about 1.5 years for that.

So, overall, i agree that the 360 currently has 10 pretty good games. I have a total of 14. Ive owned 15. Id say only 3-4 games max are really that great for the wii though. I have a total of 7. Ive owned 9.

Oh, i really dont care about the graphics for spiderman 3. But wii controls could be pretty cool.

this is what you guys are doing... your comparing games that came out 2 years after the system was made by launch title like come on list the so called great games that came out on the first year the 360 was out??? most were dam ports of PS2!!! STHU! and stop comparing launch titles you guys can't judge the wii until 1-2 years after launch because it takes third parties to adapt to the wii-mote!!! here is an EG! remember the first year the DS came out?? all it had was good First Party game! now look after 3-4 year it has tons of great game and finally they are adapting!!!

MysticGohan said:
this is what you guys are doing... your comparing games that came out 2 years after the system was made by launch title like come on list the so called great games that came out on the first year the 360 was out??? most were dam ports of PS2!!! STHU! and stop comparing launch titles you guys can't judge the wii until 1-2 years after launch because it takes third parties to adapt to the wii-mote!!! here is an EG! remember the first year the DS came out?? all it had was good First Party game! now look after 3-4 year it has tons of great game and finally they are adapting!!!
LoL
i just replied about this to some other poor soul
READ THE FIRST POST
its about crap games for the 360 AS OF NOW
and great games for the Wii AS OF NOW
thats why this is so stupid, its takes a completely total fanboy to say what he is saying

Ok i read through some of this thread and most of it seems to be rather pointless bickering.

What i'd like to know is how do the Wii launch titles compare to the 360s launch titles? This could give some idea as to how the Wii will shape up in the next year.

What are the best games on 360 that are actually out now? Not ones that are due to be released but are actually out now, a top ten list maybe.

The only 360 games ive really heard any fuss about is Gears of War and Oblivion, what other games are really good on 360 that i couldnt play elsewhere in the same style? For example Godfather on Wii has great controls that set it apart from other versions, are there any 360 games that are better to play on 360 rather than say a PC?

I had planned on getting a 360 at some point but i was a bit put off when i heard it was mainly targeted at 14+ year old boys, which put me in doubt as to the content available for it (i dont see the GTA kind of thing as really being adult). Does it have games that real adults will enjoy or are the 'mature games' just for kids who think its adult to have blood n guts in a game?

Im asking this because a few months ago i was planning to eventually be all 'Wii60' but now im undecided whether to or not. I only really got back into console gaming because of the Wii and then thought if i had another console that i have every gaming angle covered. Most likely i will wait and see how PS3 fairs by the end of the year and then make a choice between Wii+360, Wii+PS3 or just Wii+PC.

raisinghelen said:
Ok i read through some of this thread and most of it seems to be rather pointless bickering.

What i'd like to know is how do the Wii launch titles compare to the 360s launch titles? This could give some idea as to how the Wii will shape up in the next year.

What are the best games on 360 that are actually out now? Not ones that are due to be released but are actually out now, a top ten list maybe.

The only 360 games ive really heard any fuss about is Gears of War and Oblivion, what other games are really good on 360 that i couldnt play elsewhere in the same style? For example Godfather on Wii has great controls that set it apart from other versions, are there any 360 games that are better to play on 360 rather than say a PC?

I had planned on getting a 360 at some point but i was a bit put off when i heard it was mainly targeted at 14+ year old boys, which put me in doubt as to the content available for it (i dont see the GTA kind of thing as really being adult). Does it have games that real adults will enjoy or are the 'mature games' just for kids who think its adult to have blood n guts in a game?

Im asking this because a few months ago i was planning to eventually be all 'Wii60' but now im undecided whether to or not. I only really got back into console gaming because of the Wii and then thought if i had another console that i have every gaming angle covered. Most likely i will wait and see how PS3 fairs by the end of the year and then make a choice between Wii+360, Wii+PS3 or just Wii+PC.
read some of your post
top games: lost planet and dead rising alone (capcoms) have each sold over 1 million copies
good launch games for the 360 were like call of duty 2 and perfect dark zero, console exclusive hits
wii really had no good exclusives at launch except maybe red steel, which scored low
games better to play on 360/pc, thats all personal preference, i pefer playing FPSs on consoles because theres no hackers or any other messes

raisinghelen said:

Yeah thats what they should be doing like I've said but apparently...
Sovieto said:
i was hoping someone would bring this up
and it is a stupid point
because the main post argues that wiis games are better than 360 games as of right now
Which is freaking crazy isnt it?

MysticGohan said:
Kameo was a launch 360 title and it was amazing!

^^^For the most part Kameo was a flop. It did not sell well at all. Graphics are what are part of what is driving the Xbox 360. It's one reason why I perfer playing Xbox over my Wii.

David328ci said:
^^^For the most part Kameo was a flop. It did not sell well at all. Graphics are what are part of what is driving the Xbox 360. It's one reason why I perfer playing Xbox over my Wii.
who cares if it did'nt sell it was a good game! and thats a good thing!

David328ci said:
Graphics are what are part of what is driving the Xbox 360. It's one reason why I perfer playing Xbox over my Wii.

Personally i dont find graphics to be that much of a draw for me now. Gameplay is always the most important thing or else gaming would have ended back with Dragon's Lair.

I guess i should stick to the topics main question which i believe was why are Wii launch games better than 360s current titles and is it because of the need for higher quality 360 graphics?

Now i dont know if they are or not as ive never yet played on a 360 so im not going to argue the case for which is better. I think that the development time needed for 360 games would make for a slower release rate of outstanding titles where as the Wii game development time is much shorter (aside from Wiimote control issues) so the Wii should be able to put out more outstanding titles quicker (although they will not be as pretty graphically as 360s).

If you look at the costs for developing a 360 or PS3 game it usually runs at around $30 million where as Wii games come in at under $5 million on average. So Wii is basically just cheaper and quicker to develop for than the other systems, so in that sense then yes 360s high end graphics would probably slow the production of outstanding games.

stop bitching. no matter what anyone say you will still play you wii, 360, ps3 or all of the above. you think one or the other other sucks then fine dont buy it. if you have one now and dont like it, your stupid for not doing your research. no one here really cares. most people will be on here talking about the wii sucks and other get bent outta shape. why? did what that person said make you wii cry? did it stop it from working? then shut the hell up.

Robertking1123 said:
stop bitching. no matter what anyone say you will still play you wii, 360, ps3 or all of the above. you think one or the other other sucks then fine dont buy it. if you have one now and dont like it, your stupid for not doing your research. no one here really cares. most people will be on here talking about the wii sucks and other get bent outta shape. why? did what that person said make you wii cry? did it stop it from working? then shut the hell up.
Did a bee fly up your shorts or something to make you angry? :confused: Just wondering because your post dosent seem to have anything to do with this thread at all..

Sovieto said:
i stopped reading after the first paragraph, wii has NO good games totally worth buying except zelda, and thats a fact, the rest give the system little life
while 360 has tons already
maybe ill read the rest later

okay i actually read the rest to laugh
your argument blows..really it does
360 has awesome gameplay IMO, jsut casue wii has the wiimote dosent mean its the best gameplay, the main reason i got rid of the wii was because i didnt like the wiimote...and all you nintendo fans..cant say you hate regular pads, cause you used them and loved them on the GC
wii games hardly score high (say on ign)
and there are plenty of 360 games that have scored 8.5+ (on ign)
Totally agree with you, I am in the process of selling my wii and getting a 360, because of the controls and how good games are sacrificing efficient quality just for the wiimotes gameplay gimmick (again, sorry for using that term)

raisinghelen said:
Did a bee fly up your shorts or something to make you angry? :confused: Just wondering because your post dosent seem to have anything to do with this thread at all..

yea right. just because i make a stament it means im mad. the thread is asking about grapics killing the 360 im sure you didnt read. plus people are comparing the wii and 360 as well as the ps3. all i said was stop bitchin. but im sure you didnt read that part which brings us here to your post. all i have to say is.....................................................................:sleep: ............................................................:eek:ut:

Back