Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are Graphics important in game?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by mofoninja88, Nov 13, 2006.

1. mofoninja88

mofoninja88 WiiChat Member

well, i can sum this up in one word. yes. in fact nay, two words! hell yes.
    people who say ''graphics arent everything in a game'' are spewing absolute Sxxt. graphics on a game are as important as the sound and everything else that makes up a game. it paints a better picture of the virtual world that you imerse yourself in when you play a game. the flow of a game when playing it can be really messed up when you spot a boxy looking item or a crapy texture. for an example those of you have and Xbox360, play gears of war. i played my mates the other day and i gotta say it blew me away. the gameplay was great but the fact the visuals and the graphics were amazing really made it a treat to play. so. those of you say ''gameplay over graphics'', get real.

2. Messykitty414

Messykitty414 That Cat is a Mess

So you're saying you want an awesome looking game, but the gameplay doesn't matter. Sounds like you want to watch a movie and Gears of War is awesome. But Gameplay beats graphics in the long haul

3. mofoninja88

i never said that gameplay wasnt important! im just saying tht some people always make the excuse of ''its plays well'' the first thing that catches your eye when you see a game on TV or anywhere else is how it looks. if the wii had the technical capabilities of frogger (the graphics) but still used its controller (the gameplay) would it really be that interesting?

4. Messykitty414

It probably would, but I see what you are saying, I hate jaggy edges. But the Wii looks pretty smooth and I have no complaints, but when you compare Gears of War and Zelda, well you can't because he 360 has been out for a year and the Wii isn't even out yet. So, the graphics will get better as time progresses and Zelda looks pretty good, and some of the other games look pretty nice as well

5. Ronan

Ronan WiiChat Member

Graphics is important, but it is one of the many parts of it to make a perfect game - most important is gameplay of course

6. Dekar

Dekar WiiChat Member

yeah Gears of War is a awsome game, i also played it at a friends place, but then again you have to look at the 360s other titles, as its taken them this long to produce a game thats this good.. sure they have a couple of other decent titles like FEAR and Prey, but i can get them both on PC.. so they dont really count for me...

for me the order goes and always will gameplay > graphics, but it is great when we get a good combination, as rare as it is.. lol

7. Flagel

Flagel Soul of highest Calibur

Wii Friend Code: 4883-9225-1818-3903
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    If you remove the graphics from a game, it is still a game.
    If you remove the gameplay however is it really a game at all. Of course not, therefore logically gameplay is more important.

8. mofoninja88

if you remove the graphics there is nothing there too play at all!

9. Flagel

Flagel Soul of highest Calibur

Wii Friend Code: 4883-9225-1818-3903
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    I mean, if you strip the graphics down to a most basic level, like I dunno, say two white paddles and one square shaped white ball, the gameplay is there, and thats what has made it legendary, graphics are still important in modern gameplay , however I could care less that the door handles in the game are extra shiny, or how it took the developers 8 months to get the water reflection right.

10. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

Wii Friend Code: 8507-9443-5099-4224
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Graphics are important. But you don't need the most amazing graphics there ever was, and ever will be. Good graphics are fine.

11. daddyfatsackz

daddyfatsackz Banned

here we go again, prepare to be bashed for bringing up 360 in this house. It has been well documented that Big N states the graphics arent ps3 or 360, So you state the obvious. Besides nobody gives a shizzle. Sure they wont be completely smooth textures, but games are fantasy my man. Im not gonna jump all over ya cuz Im not here to make enemies, but keep your 360 talk down, your system while looking good will fall behind because of innovation. Sony knows it too. Interacting with the environment on screen has always been a fantasy of ours....virtual reality. The wii is closest in this aspect, the graphics are GOOD enough and thats all that matters. People are excited to be involved in their gaming experience, not lay on a couch and mash buttons. Those days are over come November 19. Pretty pics....thats all you want? If I want to look at nice pictures I look in a photo album, besides graphics depend on what the developers are willing to spend to achieve that "look" of next gen. Sorry fanboy...RED STEEL is all I have to say.

12. Messykitty414

Technically you still have to mash buttons, but that is very true

13. mofoninja88

who said that owned a 360? i said i played a freinds! at the mo i still have a GC!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. daddyfatsackz

daddyfatsackz Banned

whatever you brought it up... if you like it so much go buy one...one less wii for you ...1 more for us.

15. mofoninja88

also you brought up ''are developers going to fork over cash to look next gen''
    another question is will they fork over cash to playnext gen??

16. Waylander

Waylander WiiChat Member

Good graphics are important but if the game plays like crap then whats the point? I dont care how well a game looks if the gameplay isnt up to scratch.

17. masterman

masterman WiiChat Member

Graphics are half of whats inportant becuse if u have not so good graphics well sure it man not be as good but GAME PLAY is very important...

18. masterman

masterman WiiChat Member

Its like the gamecube the graphics suck but game play is ok...

19. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

Graphics are important. But they aren't THAT important to me. The game doesn't have to be visually stunning - but its a plus. As long as it has okay graphics for it's time I will accept it.

20. Demon Slayer

Wii Friend Code: 4815-7837-6805-1378
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    dude you are one sad person however me myself though that graphics are what makes the game good but then the nintendo wii came in my life...listen man...Graphics Are what give the game color...gameplay is what keeps the game alive...sure you could have a game with kick ass graphics but the story and gameplay sucks well then the game is worth nothing..or you can have a kick ass game but the graphics sucks...well the game is great even thought the graphics are not...