Are Graphics important in game?

mofoninja88

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
well, i can sum this up in one word. yes. in fact nay, two words! hell yes.
people who say ''graphics arent everything in a game'' are spewing absolute Sxxt. graphics on a game are as important as the sound and everything else that makes up a game. it paints a better picture of the virtual world that you imerse yourself in when you play a game. the flow of a game when playing it can be really messed up when you spot a boxy looking item or a crapy texture. for an example those of you have and Xbox360, play gears of war. i played my mates the other day and i gotta say it blew me away. the gameplay was great but the fact the visuals and the graphics were amazing really made it a treat to play. so. those of you say ''gameplay over graphics'', get real.

So you're saying you want an awesome looking game, but the gameplay doesn't matter. Sounds like you want to watch a movie and Gears of War is awesome. But Gameplay beats graphics in the long haul

i never said that gameplay wasnt important! im just saying tht some people always make the excuse of ''its plays well'' the first thing that catches your eye when you see a game on TV or anywhere else is how it looks. if the wii had the technical capabilities of frogger (the graphics) but still used its controller (the gameplay) would it really be that interesting?

It probably would, but I see what you are saying, I hate jaggy edges. But the Wii looks pretty smooth and I have no complaints, but when you compare Gears of War and Zelda, well you can't because he 360 has been out for a year and the Wii isn't even out yet. So, the graphics will get better as time progresses and Zelda looks pretty good, and some of the other games look pretty nice as well

yeah Gears of War is a awsome game, i also played it at a friends place, but then again you have to look at the 360s other titles, as its taken them this long to produce a game thats this good.. sure they have a couple of other decent titles like FEAR and Prey, but i can get them both on PC.. so they dont really count for me...

for me the order goes and always will gameplay > graphics, but it is great when we get a good combination, as rare as it is.. lol

If you remove the graphics from a game, it is still a game.
If you remove the gameplay however is it really a game at all. Of course not, therefore logically gameplay is more important.

if you remove the graphics there is nothing there too play at all!

I mean, if you strip the graphics down to a most basic level, like I dunno, say two white paddles and one square shaped white ball, the gameplay is there, and thats what has made it legendary, graphics are still important in modern gameplay , however I could care less that the door handles in the game are extra shiny, or how it took the developers 8 months to get the water reflection right.

Graphics are important. But you don't need the most amazing graphics there ever was, and ever will be. Good graphics are fine.

here we go again, prepare to be bashed for bringing up 360 in this house. It has been well documented that Big N states the graphics arent ps3 or 360, So you state the obvious. Besides nobody gives a shizzle. Sure they wont be completely smooth textures, but games are fantasy my man. Im not gonna jump all over ya cuz Im not here to make enemies, but keep your 360 talk down, your system while looking good will fall behind because of innovation. Sony knows it too. Interacting with the environment on screen has always been a fantasy of ours....virtual reality. The wii is closest in this aspect, the graphics are GOOD enough and thats all that matters. People are excited to be involved in their gaming experience, not lay on a couch and mash buttons. Those days are over come November 19. Pretty pics....thats all you want? If I want to look at nice pictures I look in a photo album, besides graphics depend on what the developers are willing to spend to achieve that "look" of next gen. Sorry fanboy...RED STEEL is all I have to say.

daddyfatsackz said:
here we go again, prepare to be bashed for bringing up 360 in this house. It has been well documented that Big N states the graphics arent ps3 or 360, So you state the obvious. Besides nobody gives a shizzle. Sure they wont be completely smooth textures, but games are fantasy my man. Im not gonna jump all over ya cuz Im not here to make enemies, but keep your 360 talk down, your system while looking good will fall behind because of innovation. Sony knows it too. Interacting with the environment on screen has always been a fantasy of ours....virtual reality. The wii is closest in this aspect, the graphics are GOOD enough and thats all that matters. People are excited to be involved in their gaming experience, not lay on a couch and mash buttons. Those days are over come November 19. Pretty pics....thats all you want? If I want to look at nice pictures I look in a photo album, besides graphics depend on what the developers are willing to spend to achieve that "look" of next gen. Sorry fanboy...RED STEEL is all I have to say.
Technically you still have to mash buttons, but that is very true

who said that owned a 360? i said i played a freinds! at the mo i still have a GC!!!!!!!!!!!!

also you brought up ''are developers going to fork over cash to look next gen''
another question is will they fork over cash to playnext gen??

Back