are hdtvs really worth it

stu

wii owner
May 26, 2006
London,UK
Wii Online Code
4982-9370-5014-0207
i posted earlier about buying ps3, but now my mind is slowly drifting off and i was wondering if i should buy a hdtv

can you please say your answers and explain why

and tell me how if i got one, how i would set it up thanks

im seriously thinking about getting one, my mom said okay, and im eyeing a 26" samsung, for a ps3 and 360 they make it extremely clear, all the little lines you see on the tv (close up) arent there, the colors are more defined, and they have a much greater black since their lcd (if you get a lcd) (just look at your comp if you have a lcd monitor while its turned off, its more black than your tv turned off)
well im basicaly in search of this anwser too, i know some info, but want to know if its REALLY worth it

If your geting a ps3 you will have to to watch Blu ray films
Pc moniters are hd (from word of mouth)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_television
Is a interesting read

But Im going to go projecter (small space, big screen, only draw back is the bulb but wont use it for averige pc stuff/ all games)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO and NO!

HDTVs don't matter at all. Sure there is a little difference, but come on! If you have that kind of money spend it on a Wii and Wii games and accessories! Don't be stupid and spend $3000 on something that will break down right when you turn it on! Buy a Wii and Wii stuff insted!!!!!!!

Gaz said:
$3000? how about £250 for a 19" one, all you need for gaming.

gaz what tv is that, as this is in my price range

I got my 32" Samsung LCD HDTV a little shy of a year ago and it is great. Sure, when you play the Wii on it games like Wario Ware with it's cartoon cut scenes look so crystal clear but you also see the ugly side of the Wii... No anti-aliasing. I really think they could pull it off without frame rate trouble if they tried.

ive got component and and a couple hdtvs. and it is true the AF and AA could use some real work. its still a much better picture however. If your buying an hdtv just for the wii, dont. If you are buying one in regards of getting one that has an ATSC tuner so that you wont be sol when the world goes all digital and to hook up future hd components than a hdtv is always a wise investment. Always do your research though. Such as dont by that lcd because its flat and cheap. If you want a cheaper tv and have no plans of hooking up a pc to it, go with DLP or lcd projection. Small, light, cheap and great picture. You could get a 46 samsung from almost anywhere for under 1k. If any of you guys have ANY questions on hd im more than happy to answer them. Im also slowly going through to see which games actually support 480p. Sonic ive found out today does not! Plus i hate the game, but thats just me haha!

In my opinion, HDTV only matters as you move towards larger screens. Also, you don't really need HDTV for the Wii. The Wii only supports 480p while HDTV resolution starts from 720p. So using the Wii with an HDTV is kinda like having a 1200 x 1024 PC monitor but only using 1024 x 768 resolution. If you have a display system that supports 480p then you should be fine. If it doesn't and you've buying a new TV anyway, then you might as well buy an HDTV.

yup if u have HD stuff with it. like hd directv. hd dvd player, blu ray, xbox360 or ps3. if not it wont be worth it

Im gona keep my old tube tv when I get my projecter (need ot)
5 years old
Big screen
Meh its the tv I got when I moved in to this place

Back