Are Mac Users Hopeless?

SuperWii_7

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2006
My computer is a mac osx 10.2.8 and im having many troubles. wii video 9 is not compatible, is there a converter out there that will do the job for mac? also, im having trouble finding a quality router that is affordable. any macers out there that can help?

Im not a mac user but dont you guys have access to a windows emulator ??? Just use that and convert video's.

cannon said:
Im not a mac user but dont you guys have access to a windows emulator ??? Just use that and convert video's.
new macs can run windows, but in order to do that, you must own a windows startup, which can be pretty pricey, just buying Microsoft office for my mac would have been a fortune(to me), but my friend was able to share his with me

csiguy4u said:
No your the joke. Mac stuff does not belong in the "Nintendo Wii Chat" section.

umm i believe he was asking about his mac running a software to convert video for the wii . it is wii realted and yes i think newer macs has a windows emulator not sure need to google it i know linux has lol thas what use on my other computer for all my videos and music converters. or just finda software for mac that converts videos you really dont need to use wiivideo all you need to know is wat format it needs to be and the wii manuall tells you that..

csiguy4u said:
No your the joke. Mac stuff does not belong in the "Nintendo Wii Chat" section.

Because I use my Mac to load files onto the Wii.

Sheesh.

Gymdawg said:
Not necessarily. His friend could have a multi-user copy.

True, but (as far as I know), you don't get a discount until you're talking >5 computers, but I'm not sure....even one single-user license is ridiculous.

[this might be incorrect]
but, i was reading through the manual and it said the Wii is capable with .mov, and macs basiclaly run on .mov since its a quicktime format, which isnt so easy to find on windows which might be why wii video 9 isnt available for mac, so find a converter that makes .mov

since I havnt had time to test that..I have no clue if its true, all I know is this is what the manual says

Video Files:
Format:Quicktime(motion JPEG)(.mov files)
Size up to 848 x 480

From what I checked, video 9 is only for Windows. If I am wrong you probably only need to update your OS from 10.2 to 10.4 (Tiger). If all you need to do is convert video to mp4 then just download a program called MoviePod from versiontracker.com

ocdan said:
no its not, mc allows the original user to share software but only to like 4 different computers
Only if the other computer is in the household of the owner of the software.

nizmoboy98 said:
umm i believe he was asking about his mac running a software to convert video for the wii . it is wii realted and yes i think newer macs has a windows emulator not sure need to google it i know linux has lol thas what use on my other computer for all my videos and music converters. or just finda software for mac that converts videos you really dont need to use wiivideo all you need to know is wat format it needs to be and the wii manuall tells you that..

This is an old mac, you can tell as i believe 10.2 is panther, which was relised last year, and the new intel macs were relised at the start of this year, and the switch over to intel chips made it possible to run windows *not emulate it*

Last edited:
Back