Are there any C rated games

wii4kids

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2008
In the game rating system, although E stands for everybody it is really for children aged 6+. There is another less commonly know rating of C which stands for early childhood and is good for 3+
does anyone know if there are any C rated games for the wii

Unfortunatley they do not currently have any EC games as of now, Alot of times EC games get titled as E games just to try to try to catch the slightly older childrens eye. The majority of EC games are learning titles and are on the PC.

The ESRB "Entertainment Software Rating Board"
List all the rated video games on there site by rating, you can search for specific ratings for each platform on there sight aswell as more detailed as to what type of content it includes such as Blood,Violence,Sexual,Language, ect.

Try going to there link here
http://www.esrb.org/index-js.jsp
I would search for the Everyone titles and see what looks good, they have all the current games aswell as soon to be released games listed.

The ratings are

EC=Early Childhood
E=Everyone
E 10+= Everyone 10+
T= Teen
M=Mature
AO=Adults Only

Last edited:
wii4kids said:
In the game rating system, although E stands for everybody it is really for children aged 6+. There is another less commonly know rating of C which stands for early childhood and is good for 3+
does anyone know if there are any C rated games for the wii

If you're afraid of kids seeing something they shouldn't, I'm almost 100% sure if you buy a game based on a character that you're ok with them watching on TV or wherever, you'll be fine with what the character(s) do in a game world.

I'm not concerned about what they are exposed to. My bigger concern is ability. I need something simple that a 3 year old can play.

Something like Barney says click on all the Red Circles. Simple, easy, and somewhat educational

this is so true... i do not own carnival and wish i could tell you more.
i imagine you're looking for an adult-hands-off let the kid have it entirely on his own/keep him busy...

Last edited:
wii4kids said:
I'm not concerned about what they are exposed to. My bigger concern is ability. I need something simple that a 3 year old can play.

Something like Barney says click on all the Red Circles. Simple, easy, and somewhat educational

Those type of titles rarely make it to the major video game consoles, i.e Nintendo,Microsoft,Sony.

The best ones to get for very young children is PC and they have there own learning consoles like V-Smile and leapfrog. My son is 4 and he has v-smile with a bunch of easy learning games that can grow with him, but he seems to only play it when friends come over or when he remebers he has it. Besides that he's on playhousedisney.com and noggin.com they have all kinds of things for the kids to play. We also have a few learning type games for him on the computer like hooked on phonics and a a few other titles. He plays these more i think because he sees adults on the computer all the time and wants to be on it aswell. He can surf the internet like a pro now pretty impressive.

i remember seeing a dora the explorer game that was C but that was for like pc

Really any of the Movie based games are quite easy and pretty straightforward, so you should have no problems with those ones. i.e, Barnyard, Shrek etc.

Back