Are there any deaf people on WiiChat?

AndThen? said:
1. WHAT?! Why would someone choose NOT to hear? I can be proud of my deafness too. *puts on earmuffs until the day that I die*

I really don't see why someone would choose to extend their disability.

2. Hearing aids will work for almost anyone who has a no-profound hearing loss. The cochlear implants, however, do work a lot better if the person is either a child or has had the ability to hear and lost it.

3. Sign language is used less now than it was fifty years ago. In another fifty years, I believe it will be used even less. This is because more young people are becoming implanted and cochlear implants are becoming more successful.

I chose not to hear people I dont like

Try workin in a noisy inviroment
Talkin is not easy and askin if you want a brew is best with the universal sign

Raz100perc said:
hey, I'm deaf guy from usa. what's up? :wink:
Do you prefer subtitles or that little sign-language-guy?

Raz100perc said:
where i can see subtitles or that little sign-language-guy? i m new to wii
Not on the Wii, I mean on TV.

We don't have the guy in the corner in the US, just subtitles. Raz said he was from the US. I know I've seen the guy in the corner, but it is rare, I've only ever seen it in a comedic context.

yeah just subtitles on tv. i never heard little sign-language-guy before. can u send me like link or picture. i m curious what it look like. I m sure i like subtitles on the tv better.

The guy in the corner needs to make a living to. :lol:

But wouldn't the little guy in the corner disrupt you from watching the show? You're only looking at him in that situation.

With subtitles, it's spread across the screen so you can watch and read.

I'm not even deaf and I enjoy having subtitles at the bottom. With the subtitles I can know exactly what they're saying and avoid people from going, "Hey, dude, what did he say?"

ARav989 said:
The guy in the corner needs to make a living to. :lol:

But wouldn't the little guy in the corner disrupt you from watching the show? You're only looking at him in that situation.

With subtitles, it's spread across the screen so you can watch and read.

I'm not even deaf and I enjoy having subtitles at the bottom. With the subtitles I can know exactly what they're saying and avoid people from going, "Hey, dude, what did he say?"
Yes, the little guy in the TV needs to make a living.

I sometimes put some food in the back of the TV for him as a treat :yesnod:

He sure likes his coca cola :lol:

FRuMMaGe said:
Yes, the little guy in the TV needs to make a living.

I sometimes put some food in the back of the TV for him as a treat :yesnod:

He sure likes his coca cola :lol:
That just made my day :lol:

261311 said:
All of you are going to hell. Ever think there might actually be someone who's hearing impaired registered?
Yes and if i go to hell for treating my color blind friend and my almost deaf sister normally, then im proud to go to hell for that sole reason. Its a damn question, don't get so uptight about it. seriously. . .

To answer your question, my sister uses subtitles and if there was a little guy signing then well i would think she would rather use subs. i can't imagine a guy blocking some major part of your show just to help you understand. rather see the words.

Back