Are they ever going to make Rockband for the Wii?

No one but Nintendo and the developer knows, my best guess is no. They've released it to every platform except the Wii so either they're waiting until the apocalypse or it ain't comin'.

IGN thinks so, but if you take one step out of their fantasy world you would see that rockband would die on the wii. they missed their chance to mae money and now its too late. but if there was a sequel, which is very likely, there is a very big chance that it will be on the wii.

EDIT: lets go with AoWFraggit's idea. drum hero. it will be cheap because it will basically be just shells.

Well theres a good chance it could happen, look at how successful Guitar Hero was on Wii. The crowd would definitely be there for it, its more of a matter of when it happens. I say 50/50 :lol:

But hey, we have Wii Music to look forward to which is a bit more original than Rockband etc. We should see that late 2008/early 2009.

AoWFraggit said:
screw rock band.

drum hero please!
rock band is as close to drum hero as you can get, bro.

also IMO if rock band does come out for wii it will have a mode where you can rock out to drums without music, like a free drum mode.

smyth said:
i'm really not sure if i'll get that game. Wasn't it shown on the original commercial actually, or at least one of the earlier ones? you think it'd be out by now...

p.s.- i like the Golgothan avy :)

ya, i think they've been showing this game since the birth of the Wii. Either it's so ambitious that it's just now ready, or they totally put it on the back burner and are just getting around to it.

and about my avatar, thanks. it's the only thing i could find to match my username without an exhuberant amount of searching.

thas said:
IGN thinks so, but if you take one step out of their fantasy world you would see that rockband would die on the wii. they missed their chance to mae money and now its too late. but if there was a sequel, which is very likely, there is a very big chance that it will be on the wii.

Why wouldn't they make a sequel? Look at all the guitar heroes. If they just don't make any more Rock Bands the company will lose money since they aren't working with red octane anymore. Their going to have to make a sequel unless they make a completely new game.

Rock band has been confirmed for the Wii.

IGN said:
US, January 31, 2008 - In a third-quarter conference call today, Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello confirmed that a Wii version of Rock band is forthcoming.

Riccitiello mentioned the game at the end of the call's question-and-answer session. There was no release date given, but Riccitiello referred to the "coming launch" of a Wii version of the game.

There's been speculation about a Wii installment of Rock Band's since the game was announced. In April 2007, Harmonix CEO Alex Rigopulos said a Wii-specific version of the title would be coming out in the future.

"We will, at some time, bring Rock Band to every [important] platform," Rigopulos said at the time, adding that Harmonix would optimize future versions of Rock Band to fit the strengths of the platform. "I think the Wiimote is something that holds enormous promise."

Despite Rigopulos' strong statements, no official announcement had been made about a Wii version of Rock Band until Riccitiello's off-hand statement in today's conference call.

After the call, we contacted an EA rep for more details, but all we got was a confirmation that, indeed, a Wii version of Rock Band is coming.

There's still no release date (let alone any word on instruments or how additional song content might work on the Wii), but we'll let you know as soon as more info presents itself.

Source: http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/848/848996p1.html

Back