Are Wii getting GTA 4 ?

White2kss

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2007
Did a search and i didn't see it discussed...

Please tell me it's going to be on the Wii:crazy:

I doubt it, GTA IV is only available for pre-order on the XBox 360 or the PS3.

Rockstar actually had a quote recently where they said that a GTA game on wii was "laughable". So..

The Answer is No.

I think I heard Rockstar didnt really like making it on 360 because DVD-DL doesn't have much space as opposed to Blue-ray. But I could be wrong.

It wouldnt realistically work on the wii even if nintendo allowed the game. I dont know if it could handle a gameworld of that size.

But it doesn't really bother me. GTA isn't so great. The only part I ever enjoyed in those games was stealing cars and going on police chases.

Yes it can. Both 360 and Wii use DVD-DL for their games. But Rockstar would have to cut down GTA grapically alot. Unless the Xbox version installs things on the Hard Drive.

GTA IS THE SHIZNIT!! Your opinion of GTA is the minority :p

T3kNi9e said:
Yes it can. Both 360 and Wii use DVD-DL for their games. But Rockstar would have to cut down GTA grapically alot. Unless the Xbox version installs things on the Hard Drive.

GTA IS THE SHIZNIT!! Your opinion of GTA is the minority :p
the wii doesnt have enough horsepower to run a game of that size wether the graphics are toned down or not. theres no question as to wether the game would fit on a DVD, considering thats whats being used for the xbox version, but the world is just to big. the wii would have a framerate of about 2 fps lol.

on another note, the 360 is potentially holding this game back. if rockstar really did ***** about DVD space, then they probably wanted to utilize the Blu-ray discs space to make the game even larger, with more content but couldnt do so without putting out 2 versions of the game.

that being said, im going to buy this game for my PS3, not my 360, it just feels right, since it was originally a playstation exclusive. and i dont know if it's been confirmed or not but id bet on the fact the ps3 version will have some sort of exclusive feature/content.. just a feeling ive got.

and i dont know if it's been confirmed or not but id bet on the fact the ps3 version will have some sort of exclusive feature/content.. just a feeling ive got.

Eh looks like its the other way around =X They already announced exclusive downloadable content for the 360.

During Microsoft's 2006 E3 press conference on 9 May, it was announced that Grand Theft Auto IV would be available for the Xbox 360 and that Rockstar Games will offer exclusive episodic content via Xbox Live for the Xbox 360 version. This had been confirmed by Rockstar, announcing two extra, exclusive, episodes.[31] On 28 February 2007 it was announced that exclusive episodic content will be introduced starting in 2008.[32]

Peter Moore, the then head of Microsoft's Interactive Entertainment Business division announced that Rockstar Games is working on two GTA IV downloadable packs exclusively for the Xbox 360, which will be released after the full game. Moore described downloadable content as "epic episode packs", and not just extra cars or characters. A press release during the conference said that the packs would add "hours of entirely new gameplay" to the game.[33] The official Xbox website states that these episodes will last a minimum of 10 hours.[34] Details on the pricing of these downloads have not yet been revealed, though it would almost certainly not be released for free, as Take-Two Interactive's former CEO, Paul Eibeler, have said numerous times that these downloads would provide "additional revenue streams" to the company.

As part of a conference call following the release of Take-Two Interactive's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results, the company's Chief Financial Officer, Lainie Goldstein revealed that Microsoft was paying a total of US$50 Million for exclusivity of this content split equally between the two packs.[35] The payments can be found referenced in the company's Second Quarter Fiscal 2007 financial results as "Deferred revenue".

I thought the whole GTA4 was gonna be the size of 1 city in San Andreas. Duno where I read it, but im pretty sure its something like that.

^Yeah thats what I heard too. They said they didnt wanna make another San Andreas size city because people complained about it being too big.

no way, gta will ever be on wii. it's unfortunate. but, oh well. i had my fun with gta: vc for xbox. i'm not sure rockstar released any games for gamecube. but as of right now for wii they have table tennis, manhunt 2, and apparently bully is coming out early next year. not too excited, although rockstar is a fav. developer of mine. perhaps in the next couple years we'll have more rockstar games for the wii. maybe some wii exclusives? dunno.

Back