Are Wii Remotes Over-priced?

Boggalog

Noobie...lol
Apr 11, 2007
Manchester
Wii Online Code
8801-1511-6507-9339
Here in the UK a wii-mote cost £30 rrp
I dunno how much it is in the US or anywhere else but here a Remote and Nunchuck togeher cost pretty much £50
to me thats way to expensive compared the price of the actual console

does anyone else know where I can buy a console and nunchuck for somewheree around £30???

If you think about the controller as being both Wii-mote and nunchuck, it is relatively expensive. However if the controller is just the Wii-mote you are speaking of, it is cheap when you compare to the controllers of other game consoles such as xbox 360 and ps3.

Yeah
For Wiimote and Nunchuk it's £45
For 1 PS3 controller it's £35. I'd call the Wiimote a good price for the Technology in it

i thought it was 29.99 for the remote? maybe 39.99$?? either way i dont care about the price. its what is expected when you buy games it all costs money wiether its cheap or expensive.

i knew what i was getting myself into (i have 4 remotes, 2 nunchucks, 2 VC controllers and too many games to count both downloaded and bought)

no biggie for me

The_Loose_Cannon said:
no biggie for me

You got a job though, What about us Students lol. As you should know Students are as Lazy as ever!

Defeats the objective of the point me having a Wii though lol

Wii_Smurf said:
Yeah
For Wiimote and Nunchuk it's £45
For 1 PS3 controller it's £35. I'd call the Wiimote a good price for the Technology in it

yeah, we have to remember that this techno is brand new for consoles.

Wii_Smurf said:
You got a job though, What about us Students lol. As you should know Students are as Lazy as ever!

Defeats the objective of the point me having a Wii though lol

a job that doesnt pay much! haha im a "rookie cop" bringing in about 32K a year in NYS thats like poverty lol

i got my bf though he makes the money in this relationship (although we're both cops hes got almost 10 years on the job)

Does it really matter how much it costs or whether you think its expensive or not?
Thats the price you have to pay if you want to play something a whole lot different to the usual boring console controller.
If you think its too expensive don't buy it.

In Canada wii motes cost $44.99... and since im in ontario... friggin 14%friggin tax and its about $51.00

and plus its hard to find in canada... shipments of wii motes and the wii play have stopped or are coming very.................very.....slowly

in the US its 39.99 for the remote and 20 for the other on but if u buy the console it will give u both

ZeLdA1202 said:
In Canada wii motes cost $44.99... and since im in ontario... friggin 14%friggin tax and its about $51.00

and plus its hard to find in canada... shipments of wii motes and the wii play have stopped or are coming very.................very.....slowly

14% tax? Damn, that's what a liberal government does I guess. :(

Are they really $NZ100 in New Zealand? I thought they were $NZ120.
Its almost worth buying Wiimotes from New Zealand and paying for the shipping back to Australia. At the current exchange rate ($NZ1.13 = $AU1) its almost a 15% saving.

How much is the actual console in New Zealand is it $400?
And what about games, are they $100?
If they are I seriously might start to import my gear.

Back