Are Wii's still hard to get?

shadowrunner

Just another F.N.G
Mar 30, 2007
Florida
I was wondering if the Wii was still in short demand. I was wondering around my local Walmart and decided to browse the wii cabinet for games and sure enough they had 4 Wii's and the rack was filled with wiimotes and nunchucks as well as clasic controllers. I picked myself up a wavebird wireles controller. one out of two they had. Has supply finally cought up to demand? I hope so I really felt bad for those who couldnt get there hands on one.

I still havnt seen any at my local walmart, and i go there 2-3 times a week. but maybe my walmart just hasnt recieved shipments or something...

it depends where you live. Small town america has them all the time. But a metropolitan area in europe might not. its a region thing

i think that anyone who wants one and has searched hard enough should have one. no excuses, if you search well i enough then you will get one. i hate ppl that say "oh i look so hard and still cant get one. but its not my fault!"

well, yes it is. ppl arent trying hard enough.

got mine on ebgames.com with no waiting period. arrived today, ordered it on monday night.

i think the shortage is just about over

Well, I live in a fairly small town, and we pretty much get no more wiis.

Depends on where you live, yes.

Its still a big thing in Australia for shops when they get Wiis in. They run 'We have Wii!' TV commercials and they have big signs out the front of their shops.

Wiily Good said:
Its still a big thing in Australia for shops when they get Wiis in. They run 'We have Wii!' TV commercials and they have big signs out the front of their shops.

Really? :lol:

We Have To Actually LOOK To See If Anyone Has 'Em...

They are still considered as an artifact around my area. :lol:
I haven't seen any displayed in the local game shop but they may have some in the back that I don't know about.

I went to Meijer the other day and they had 6 locked up. They had 2 uptown at Alco. I'm starting to see them more over here finally.

I got mine about 2 months ago when they were really hard to get. I imagine they still are, I wouldn't be suprised if people would still have to line up to get one.

I was totally lucky when i got mine...If I wasn't that lucky i would still probably not have a wii

Smurfette said:
I went to Meijer the other day and they had 6 locked up. They had 2 uptown at Alco. I'm starting to see them more over here finally.

Yes, Meijer received 2000 units chain-wide for this week. It should be all gone by the past Monday though.

I saw 3 Wii's at Walmart last week, but they were gone the next day. The only other time I have seen a wii is when I bought mine the day after Thanksgiving.

Back