Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Are you a "serious" wii gamer? Check this out!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by phillepino, Dec 5, 2007.

1. phillepino

phillepino SSBB Name = JAA!

Wii Friend Code: 5481-6878-4567-7796
    5481-6878-4567-7796
    If you're a "serious" wii gamer, this is a must-have!*

[​IMG]

This glove not only supports your "mad" gaming skills, it also brings you one step closer to turning into Nintendo's mascot, Super Mario!

*sarcasm intended

While looking for various wii accessories, I came across this one and it made me chuckle. :D

2. Extra Life Mushroom

Extra Life Mushroom Just That Great

Wii Friend Code: 3210-5733-2914-1432
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    I would consider getting them if only they were close-fingered gloves. the fingerless half glove look just seems stupid to me always has.

3. LiquidD

LiquidD Pwnage Master

Wii Friend Code: 6555-2844-7958-4986
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    Ugh, that Wu bull ****. Wu (those two "i" connected together are supposed to make a "u") is just a cheap ass dude making **** up for the Wii. It's like the Vii thing, only with accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  4. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

wow.... Wii isnt even a hardcore type console lol

5. Mapei

Mapei WiiChat Member

What is a 'hardcore' console then? What makes a console hardcore? More FPSes or something? I consider myself a pretty serious gamer and I got a wii, it's hardcore cuz it can play all gamecube games and the VC is pretty sweet too, you could game nonstop for months on the Wii, so I'd say yeah, it can be slightly prettty hardcore. But it all depends on who's playing. People could buy a PS3 and just watch movies on it, so theyre not hardcore.

Anyway those gloves look kinda cool heh, my hand gets sore sometimes playing with the wiimote, i wonder if they would help that.

6. balrogs.pa

balrogs.pa Wiichats Idiot Identifier

Wii Friend Code: 0588-9206-9468-1123
    0588-9206-9468-1123
    Good Job Mapei, the wii is pretty hard core, Considering theres all the past hardcore games, Nintendo Gamecube games. and Wii games which not all of them are out yet. i doubt they would help you though. i bet they just make you seem awesome when you play wii tennis.

7. XLaw

XLaw WiiChat Member

So what exactly are they for?Looking like a dumb-ass? :D

8. Apocalypse

Apocalypse I am the Apocalypse

Pretty much. :yesnod:

But someone will find a reason to wear them.

9. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

This product should definitely receive the "Most useless accessory" award. :lol:

10. Pikachu256

Pikachu256 KryKidd

Lol wii gaming gloves =]

11. samXcor3

samXcor3 the best kid!

Wii Friend Code: 3732-3369-2853-4491
    3732-3369-2853-4491

YEAH BUT THE WII HAS NO ALIEN FIGHTING SHOOTING BLOOD MANLINESS!

12. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Im not talking about that kind of hardcore. You're just a person who likes games like almost everyone who buys a console. I mean hardcore as in challenging games and competitive games which Wii lacks both of. They have hardly any challenging game and very very few competitive games because they lack online. So if I had to pick one its obviously Xbox 360 or PS3. I dont even like PS3 and I know its more challenging and competitive than a Wii. Wii for me is just for some fun games and VC because no one can resist games like Super Mario World and Zelda: A link to the past! Which btw, these two games are more challenging than anything ive played on Wii.

13. jimbo

jimbo wii are cool!!!!!

so are you trying to say hardcore gaming just came out with the ps2 and xbox as they first to get online gaming (or even pc)

ill agree the wii dosnt have that much diffucult games but now a days games are as hard as you make them

14. Budo

Budo Raging Clue

Fingerless gloves is serious business.

15. jimbo

jimbo wii are cool!!!!!

i would actauly buy them but they werent wu

16. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Even now the games made arent that hard on other consoles, but they're very challenging compared to Wii.

But no hardcore gaming didnt just come out. But when it comes to hardcore gaming online in your house then yes, kind of. Back before online you had to go to tournaments to really have competitive gaming. Now days you can enter leagues or tournaments online. Since Wii lacks both games and online, they are last when it comes to competitive gaming. Wii has Madden 08 (which I hear not many ppl play now), Super Mario Strikers, and Medal of Honor Heros 2. They have Madden on PS3 and Xbox and there are alot of people playing them. If you watch the Madden challenge on TV, they play on Xbox or PS3. Super Mario Strikers has online so that can be competitive, by just how much compared to PS3 and Live games? I dont know because I dont own that game. Medal of Honor Hereos 2, this game is probably the most competitive of the 3 I mentioned, I think... But are there leagues for this game? Call of Duty has alot, same with Halo, Gears of War, Team Fortress 2, etc. etc.

But the first thing to really become competitive was online PC gaming. Look at Counter-Strike, that game came out about 3 years after N64, and mind you, this is not the oldest PC game played competitively, but this is one of the games that Americans dominate on. This game is still played to this day with thousands of gamers and is played at WCG (World Cyber Games) with prizes up to $30,000. That my friend, is competitive gaming.

There are 12 games at WCG, 4 of those 12 are Xbox 360 games such as: Gears of War, Dead or Alive 4, Project Gotham Racing 3 and Tony Hawk Project 8.

So when people say Xbox games are better or more competitive, some Wii players disagree either because they're huge fanboys or they dont realize its not just the single player aspect but the online aspect also.

17. jimbo

jimbo wii are cool!!!!!

i no about cs:s i play it myself.

but 360 has great online games etc. 10X better than the wii im just saying that coz you dont play games online dont make you one. just say tour great at a game but u dont have an internet connection does this stop u being a hardcore gamer.

the wii isnt much hardcore but it good and it controls i think with a good game will make it hard to master. so in time the wii will be hardcore.

(i think im off topic..bit lost on this):sick:

18. South Park

South Park Timmy!!

1 step closer to super mario? More like Michal Jackson. Shamona!

19. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Well of course not all Wii games arent hardcore. There will inevitably be some hardcore players. Thats just like those people who play with the Rubic's cube hardcore. But you have to deal with average. Because if you just go by a single person, then no system is more hardcore gaming because it would be even, unless you just find some freak. So basically overall Wii is in last place when it comes to hardcore/competitive gaming. PS2 2nd, and Obviously everyone knows Xbox is 1st in that dept. Ive never seen anyone who wasnt extremely biased or just an idiot think that Xbox wasnt the most competitive console, hell even sony admits to saying in order to surpass Xbox in that dept. would be to copy them as much as you can when it comes to Xbox Live, which is what Sony has been doing. Sadly for Wii, they take the longest to do things. It took them a whole year just to get a handful of online games, and a few of them are japenese games.

20. jimbo

jimbo wii are cool!!!!!

hardcore and compeditive are diffrent things.you could be hardcore at gh3 for ps2(no online )