Are you going to buy a ps3 because of home?

i might get a ps3 wen i get some money and wen they go down in price but in uk there £400 and there coming out in march if u didnt no that :)

£424.99
March 23rd
Thats the UK Launch and im not getting a PS3 anyways they've stole too many features now and dropped Rumble so :p

I am buying a PS3, not because of home (decided on buying a PS3 ages ago!), but because of the games.

Ridge Racer 7, Virtua Fighter 5, Final Fantasy XIII [and Versus], Heavenly Sword, White Knight Story looks pretty decent...wont see that for ages though, WarHawk looks pretty decent now [hated it at first, but now...!]

And...LittleBigPlanet! Haha aww that game looks pretty good!

Along with these games, Home is a good addition to the PS3. I have never played online before, so having a good service like Home...for free, is pretty cool!

[gets ready for price bashers :crazy: ]

Joshieca said:
Yeah I am gonna spend $600 for the PS3 for a program that will get very boring in a few days....dont think so bubba!

Well the System is good and won't get boring. Home is free but I agree, im not paying £424.99 for a system lol I see it as too much. Worth it [Because of blueray player] which is usually about £400 alone but Meh.

Wii_Smurf said:
Well the System is good and won't get boring. Home is free but I agree, im not paying £424.99 for a system lol I see it as too much. Worth it [Because of blueray player] which is usually about £400 alone but Meh.

I agree, but the thread topic was "Are you going to buy a ps3 because of home" and that is what i was talking about....still I wont pay $500 or $600 for the system...I will wait and see what happens this XMAS, if the 60GB comes down to $499, perhaps.

If... I mean IF IIIIIIFFFFF Sony doesn't micro charge for buying virtual clothing, furniture and other home stuff it could help Sony. If you could unlock this stuff by playing games, that would be neat. But I swear if they charge money to buy pants, this is just another flop. I want you to think in your mind how stupid it is to buy with real money virtual clothing.

sagema said:
If... I mean IF IIIIIIFFFFF Sony doesn't micro charge for buying virtual clothing, furniture and other home stuff it could help Sony. If you could unlock this stuff by playing games, that would be neat. But I swear if they charge money to buy pants, this is just another flop. I want you to think in your mind how stupid it is to buy with real money virtual clothing.
they basically said that
its the achievement type system where you get stuff for doing stuff in games
Joshieca said:
Yeah I am gonna spend $600 for the PS3 for a program that will get very boring in a few days....dont think so bubba!
you havent even tried it
and most people who have played sims knows its VERY addicting
or any life sim game for that matter
and that statement more describes the Miis

Sovieto said:
they basically said that
its the achievement type system where you get stuff for doing stuff in games
I think it is even for when you buy a game.

"When you purchase Heavenly Sword, there will be a Heavenly Sword T-Shirt in your wardrobe"

you havent even tried it
and most people who have played sims knows its VERY addicting
or any life sim game for that matter
and that statement more describes the Miis
The only difference is, now we get to create a character, meet real people, challenge them to online games, invite them to our "Home" etc.

If that's not going to be addicting, I dont know what is!

*Chris* said:
I think it is even for when you buy a game.

"When you purchase Heavenly Sword, there will be a Heavenly Sword T-Shirt in your wardrobe"

The only difference is, now we get to create a character, meet real people, challenge them to online games, invite them to our "Home" etc.

If that's not going to be addicting, I dont know what is!
if i had a ps3 i would host Sexy Parties

If you buy a PS3 in the UK (£475 with ONE game!) you better also put some money aside for the HD TV you will also need, other wise you could be looking at a blank screen! If you buy an HD TV make sure it's 1080p for the best image so in the UK that will mean another £1000+

Or stick with your Wii which will run on a £50 14" TV OR the 42" Plasma (if you have one) in the living room!!:wink:

hell no?

the real world is here for a reason. Ill just wait for 'the islands' for wii anyways.

home is just going to attract nerds/annoying kids/gangster nerds.

have fub. lol

Last edited:
ill be buying one but not a first generation ps3

i brought the big fat ps2 and paid full price
a month or so later they brought out the slimline one with the network card already in it

i spent heaps of $$$$$$$$$ setting it up to be wireless and then they go and do that

well not this time ill be waiting for the cheaper better faster second generation ps3

and i want to know if u can walk up to someone and pick a fistfight in home ?? :lol:

Back