Are you going to buy a ps3 because of home?

have you seen the demo... i am not defending ps3! you can through a sony tv down the stares!! it was so funny watching it fall

MasterJedi2U said:
To answer the original post...NO I would not get PS3 because of Home. I have a life and its full of rich, vibrant, people I like to call living human beings. So I don't require the SIM's or anything similiar to that in order to get my jollies. As for the PS3 being worth the price thats a joke...

What do you get with for that $600 again? I keep forgetting. Some would say paying $250 for 5 year old technology is a joke too, but to each their own I guess.

MasterJedi2U said:
As for the PS3 being worth the price thats a joke...

Your right. Apparently over $1200 worth of hardware isnt worth 600 bucks. I mean, geeze, who would want to get the lastest video card for a faction of the price, and who would want a blue ray player for super cheap, and who would want a machine that puts so many gaming rigs to shame. The cpu alone is.. well im not gonna go on. You get the point.

Yeah, paying less than half of its worth is really a joke...

MasterJedi2U said:
To answer the original post...NO I would not get PS3 because of Home. I have a life and its full of rich, vibrant, people I like to call living human beings. So I don't require the SIM's or anything similiar to that in order to get my jollies. As for the PS3 being worth the price thats a joke...

So what does home have to do with not having a life. I mean, if your not interested in playing against others online, i can see why you wouldnt be intersted.

But meeting random people and then asking them if they want to play against you in a game of [insert ps3 game here] is good. Why play against random strangers if you dont have the option to become friends with them. Same concept as an MMORPG. You think seeing trophys of your accomplishments is lame? I think its a fun option, better than what 360 is doing. How about downloading movie trailers or user made movies. Thats not a bad idea, i mean, not everyone has a computer or wants to get on one all the time to look that stuff up.

Home is more than just a SIM game, its a graphical user interface which puts you in a 3D environment with your peers and like the MATRIX, links you to many aspects of the internet with a focus on multi-media and community.

I have trouble seeing how this would equal someone with out a life. Quite frankly, i think you are ignorant judging by your statements. You dont seem to know what you are talking about.

cookiemonsta11111 said:
Question: If that was the Mii Channel and it was the Wii, would you buy it purely on one tiny feature? Probably not cos Sony Sux Balls!

i really cant see why?

Lol 1,200 dollars of UNNECESSARY HARDWARE that might not even be here in the future. BluRay has NOT won the format wars yet. So you can't expect me to buy a product thats full of sh*t that I don't need nor want. Its a joke. I don't need it. I wouldn't pay 400 for a PS3 let alone 600 cuz its just not worth it to me. Sorry but Final Fantasy is not worth spending around 660 dollars for.

i still dont get why its a bad console!

insane graphics
kick ass games
blu-ray
music
photos
internet/key board
home
online play
download centre

you cant say it sucks because half of it is on the wii!

just because it has a bluray player dont make it worth that much. its ****ing pointless and i dont understand how people can think that the bluray will survive. its expensive and pointless to have in a console.

i will

its cheap for me! look if you think about it, your getting a blu ray which is worth £1000 + a game machine + music player + photo browser + dvd player + internet browser/online gaming

its basically a cheap top notch computer

Man, for a "kiddie" console, there is a lot of hatred on these forums. You guys are right though, HD content on is pointless. Let's stick to 480p on our Hi-Def TVs. It's so much better than 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.

Bluray is pointless for a system like Wii because of low res textures, and only outputting to 480, plus limited sound capabiities.

I can understand where a lot of you are coming from though. Most of you are only using a Standard Def TV, so the Wii is perfect.

Zelda and kid's mini-games and no online games are not worth $300 to me. Sorry.

MasterJedi2U said:
Lol 1,200 dollars of UNNECESSARY HARDWARE that might not even be here in the future.

It's actually more like $870 US for the 60GB and $800 US for the 20GB to produce. Those numbers were from a CNET article sometime ago, so the cost of manufacturing has probably gone down since then.

Unnecessary hardware? Your right, Hard Drives, wireless internet, and HD content is just a fad. It's already on it's way out. Soon, we'll have cutting edge technology like B/W TVs and dial up internet connections. Plus, we'll have 512 MB of Flash memory to store all our pictures, movies, and music. The future is going to be great!

Let's face it, you'll never buy a PS3 no matter what. We get your point. Not that you have, but just try not to spread misinformation. Thanks.

Oh, and seeing how the large majority of the US still has standard def TVs, an HDMI cable is not necessary.

Last edited:
Back