Are you guys hardcore gamers?

wiiness

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
I'm 17, senior in high school, and I feel like I'm growing out of videogames. I've had:

Sega Genesis-> Super Nintendo -> Nintendo 64 -> PlayStation -> Dreamcast-> PS2 -> XBOX in that order, and I feel like I'm growing out of videogames and don't play them anymore besides halo 2 online at my friend's house every once in a while. But I think I still want a wii.

Are you guys hardcore gamers or what?

HERE'S MY SITUATION:

I got a $250 giftcard to my local mall and EBgames is the only videogame store there so...

and I had a wii the week after it came out, but eBayed it and made $150 profit. (got to best buy an hour before they opened and waited in line for ticket hand outs)

and I had a wii a few weeks later, played wii sports and returned it (because I don't play videogames much)

but my girlfriend's brother just got one with zelda, and it's actually really cool. I think i want one

(as stated in another thread)

Last edited:
I"m 17 and a senior also.

Mine went
Sega > Super Nintendo > Nintendo 64 > Playstation > Gamecube > PC gaming > Xbox 360

Here's the deal...you know that whole you need to get more mature in college ****?

Absolutely not true.

You will revert back to immaturity, but with a "smarter" kind of funny if you know what I mean. Get the Wii, take it to college, and you'll be using it more than you'd think.

Previous to college the last system I had was a Nintendo 64 and played it maybe VERY little in my freshman year on HS. I go to college with absolutely no desire to play them but your going to need to do something without having a car on campus. And when online play comes it will be kick ass to play LAN games with guys in your dorm/suite hall.

EDIT- Not a hardcore gamer. Don't play much.

Last edited:
whatever you want it to be. i just wanted to hear what kind of gamers you guys are (or not)

well then i'd rather not call myself hardcore because i find that most people that do are assholes.

I'm 18 and a senior. I have roughly 600 to spend, I'm getting a Wii and a new phone. I've gamed since SNES. I also play World of Warcraft, but will cancel that and play Vanguard: Saga of Heros when it comes out.

Here are all kind of gamers, Hardcore and non... me? i like graphics, gameplay, story and i love innovation like the wii's controller. i like 360, ps3 and wii but i feel better playing wii so far. first make sure what you like before you buy a system.

I'm definately not a hardcore gamer. But I'm not a "casual" gamer. I'm somewhere in between. I've been playing my Wii all day though and it's so much fun! I can't wait to get a new wiimote.

I'm on 14 though and I've had N64 > PS1 > GBA > PS2 > WII

I've own since I was 5 is NES, SNES (gameboy), Sega Genesis, N64, Playstation, Playstation 2, PC (currently still playing and upgrading), Gameboy Advance, Xbox, Nintendo Wii. I'm 24 and I'm not a hardcore gamer. I just like to play a little there and here when I have free time. Zelda, Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil games are a different story as I spend a lot time playing those. I mostly buy and play for a week or two and then it collects dust.

(still have my NES, Gameboy Advance, Playstation, Playstation 2, PC, and of course the best system to date the Wii.)

I have and play the 360 with Gears of War, that's as HxC as it gets.

I don't save the princess, I ****in' rape the princess, *****!

I'm 17, my console list (in order) is GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Colour, PS2, GameBoy Advance, PSP, Dreamcast, Saturn, Wii
I've got more into games recently and have started buying older consoles + games. I'm currently looking for a Mega Drive.

I'm 15 and I've been playing since the NES.

NES > SNES > N64 > PS2 > (Wii coming soon).
Gameboy Color > GBA > (Considering DS..).

Definition of hardcore

This is quite scary: At 26, this makes me the oldest in this thread!
lolz said:
well then i'd rather not call myself hardcore because i find that most people that do are assholes.
And you are most assuredly correct!

The main problem with 'hardcore gamers' is: What is a hardcore gamer?

Is it a person who plays multiple games all the time? No
Is it a person who plays one game all the time? No

The main people who consider themselves hardcore games AND are nuisances tend to fall into one of these two categories. The dictionary defines hardcore as "1. unswervingly committed; uncompromising; dedicated" which includes those two gaming types AND a third type: Dedicated gamers.

I'd consider myself a dedicated hardcore gamer. That is: completely conquer a game before moving on. And by 'conquered' I mean 'completed in every setting and achieving every possible goal'. The bigger the list of games you've conquered, the more hardcore you are. I dont want to blow my own trumpet here, but the list of games I've conquered is more games than you'll probably see because the dont make games is such vast amounts as they used to.

A wii example is: Wii Sports: Ranking: 2436 Tennis(Pro), 2228 Bowling(Pro), 2006 Golf(Pro). I dont play Baseball or Boxing though, cause they're tiring for little reward. I've also achieved gold in ALL of the training. Im attempting Platinum in power bowling using the cheat, but I cant do it properly so have failed every time. Also attempting Platinum in Golf: Target shooting.
Wii-Play: Gold in everything

Back