Are you losing Faith In the Wii-mote and how most games are contolled?

jondeak

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2008
Ok so today i got Minidesk top racing in the mail and i have been waiting for a week now to play it. I popped it into my Wii and I was really excited because it looked very fun. So I read all the intructions and I was ready to play. In this game you have to use the Wiimote by rotateing it to the left and right while you are holding striaght(not like your driving like mario Kart) MAN I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD NOT MAKE IT AROUND 1 SINGLE LAP. This has got to be the dumbest controls I have ever seen in a video game. I was very dissappointed and really pissed that I even shelled out the 20 bucks ! Anyway Im really starting to question the Controls for alot of Games. It seemed like it was so much fun while I played Wii sports but as soon as I poped in another game(bully, mini desktop racing, transformers, etc) The controls were HORRIBLE !! Im starting to think that whoever owns a Wii should probably buy a PS3 also cause you are defintly not going to satisfy your gaming needs If Nintendo presists on making games were the classic controller is not used. Today I am dissapointed. I think im losing faith In my Wii. Im hoping Mario Kart will restore it for me.:nonod:

Yep, there are plenty of games that make good use of the Wii's controls, and many good games that will come. I guess the games you have are all crappy.

You need to learn to do your research to find out what games are good and which are not. Some people claim reviews mean nothing, but the fact is it does. It helps you to not waste your money. You can't just look at score either, you need to read them to find what the pros and cons of the games.

Sadly, most of the good games are made by Nintendo and there aren't that many. I would suggest buying first party games like Mario Kart of course and Super Smash Brothers Brawl which lets you use classic controller. Then get a 360 or PS3 for other games.

T3kNi9e said:
You need to learn to do your research to find out what games are good and which are not. Some people claim reviews mean nothing, but the fact is it does. It helps you to not waste your money. You can't just look at score either, you need to read them to find what the pros and cons of the games.

Sadly, most of the good games are made by Nintendo and there aren't that many. I would suggest buying first party games like Mario Kart of course and Super Smash Brothers Brawl which lets you use classic controller. Then get a 360 or PS3 for other games.

I could not agree with you more !! I absolutly love all mario games. Nintendo , makes awsome games. Zelda, mario, ssbb, etc etc. They are all great !! And i would also like to add Wii sports to that list. I cant remember the last time i had so much fun playing a video game BUT......Shouldnt it be up to the gamer on what controls he or she prefers to use? I think that all games should allow you to use the Classic controller. Although the Wii introduced a awesome new concept With the Wiimote, it doesnt nessacerly mean that we should be required to play our favorite classic nintendo games with the Wii-mote. Most of us are used to the classic controller and the feel of it works for us. Although some will argue and ask me why I even bother to buy a wii, Well i bought it because I love nintendo and mario and the games. Should I sacrifice what I love for controls i dont prefer to use???

Best game to use the Wii controls is Metroid Prime 3, and I also found Bully to work quite well also. I have enjoyed all games I have played using my Remote and Nunchuck, and substitute my Gamecube controller in for games that I feel will not use controls well.

In no way am I losing faith, Nintendo always makes games that utilize controls well so you can always count on that. Third Party developers do it sort of well, Red Steel (despite its technical shortcomings) IMO used the controls quite well.

Seems you just need to find more info on games that use the controls, and one tip I will say is avoid the shovelware like Minidesk Top Racing.

i never played mini desktop racing but the screen shotes look so horrorible.

Don't buy **** games like those.

If you want something that uses motion control quite well. I recommend Bully or God Father. No More Heroes and Resident Evil 4 are pretty good picks too.

jondeak said:
Ok so today i got Minidesk top racing in the mail and i have been waiting for a week now to play it. I popped it into my Wii and I was really excited because it looked very fun. So I read all the intructions and I was ready to play. In this game you have to use the Wiimote by rotateing it to the left and right while you are holding striaght(not like your driving like mario Kart) MAN I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD NOT MAKE IT AROUND 1 SINGLE LAP. This has got to be the dumbest controls I have ever seen in a video game. I was very dissappointed and really pissed that I even shelled out the 20 bucks ! Anyway Im really starting to question the Controls for alot of Games. It seemed like it was so much fun while I played Wii sports but as soon as I poped in another game(bully, mini desktop racing, transformers, etc) The controls were HORRIBLE !! Im starting to think that whoever owns a Wii should probably buy a PS3 also cause you are defintly not going to satisfy your gaming needs If Nintendo presists on making games were the classic controller is not used. Today I am dissapointed. I think im losing faith In my Wii. Im hoping Mario Kart will restore it for me.:nonod:

You get what you pay for...
This is how I do my game shopping:
1. Never buy a game under $50 (unless used) without playing it first hand to make sure it is good. Remember, you get what you pay for.
2. Even some $50 games are bad. Research them before you buy them. Generally, the better the game, the more reviews, screenshots, and videos.
3. If you are unsure, rent it! I read the reviews for Mario Party 8. I was very hesitant, but I decided to buy it. Worst $50 I've ever spent. It sucks beyond belief.

minto said:
You see the problem is the games you have are all ****

:lol: :lol: True. You need to invest in games such as Super Smash Bros, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid, No More Heros, House of dead 2&3 returns, and even DBZ tenkaichi 2 or 3 and the others listed in here. Those games alone will change your mind. If you are going to go for a driving game for wii from what i saw excite truck and Need for Speed look good, but im gonna wait for mario kart wii.

Last edited:
Bigred said:
You get what you pay for...
This is how I do my game shopping:
1. Never buy a game under $50 (unless used) without playing it first hand to make sure it is good. Remember, you get what you pay for.
2. Even some $50 games are bad. Research them before you buy them. Generally, the better the game, the more reviews, screenshots, and videos.
3. If you are unsure, rent it! I read the reviews for Mario Party 8. I was very hesitant, but I decided to buy it. Worst $50 I've ever spent. It sucks beyond belief.

Yep always rent before you buy, just because a game is reviewed well, doesn't mean its going to be a great game in your own opinion. And when it comes down to it your opinion is the only thing that matters with gaming money.

No, I'm not. Stop buying crappy games that don't effectively use the controller and that high-pitched whine you're experiencing will fade away. May I suggest Nintendo sponsored/ made games?

Back