Are you losing Faith In the Wii-mote and how most games are contolled?

Bigred said:
You get what you pay for...
This is how I do my game shopping:
1. Never buy a game under $50 (unless used) without playing it first hand to make sure it is good. Remember, you get what you pay for.
2. Even some $50 games are bad. Research them before you buy them. Generally, the better the game, the more reviews, screenshots, and videos.
3. If you are unsure, rent it! I read the reviews for Mario Party 8. I was very hesitant, but I decided to buy it. Worst $50 I've ever spent. It sucks beyond belief.

Resident Evil 4 is $30 and thats one of Wii's best games.

first of all, please never buy a game from a movie again, they are all crap just ways for making money (not including star wars because their games a good), second of all do your research before you buy your games generally games that are 20 bucks are crap, unless they have been out for a while and or have had their price dropped. im not sure about bully, but to me it seems that it would not be a good wii game. the point is do research and rent

It's pretty easy to look at a shelf full of games and tell which ones are going to suck ass.

If it has a Nintendo or other really large-name developer's brand on it, it will probably at least be somewhat good.

If it's called "MOTOR CAR DRIVING EXCITEMENT," you should probably pass it up.

cookiemonsta11111 said:
Loose faith in developers not the Wii!
It ain;t Ninties fault that dother developpers are severely un-skilled or incompetant

No.. it is. Nintendo approved the game...

All consoles have their "bad games": Nintendo is no different. You sir picked up some bad games.

jondeak said:
Ok so today i got Minidesk top racing in the mail and i have been waiting for a week now to play it. I popped it into my Wii and I was really excited because it looked very fun. So I read all the intructions and I was ready to play. In this game you have to use the Wiimote by rotateing it to the left and right while you are holding striaght(not like your driving like mario Kart) MAN I SWEAR TO GOD I COULD NOT MAKE IT AROUND 1 SINGLE LAP. This has got to be the dumbest controls I have ever seen in a video game. I was very dissappointed and really pissed that I even shelled out the 20 bucks ! Anyway Im really starting to question the Controls for alot of Games. It seemed like it was so much fun while I played Wii sports but as soon as I poped in another game(bully, mini desktop racing, transformers, etc) The controls were HORRIBLE !! Im starting to think that whoever owns a Wii should probably buy a PS3 also cause you are defintly not going to satisfy your gaming needs If Nintendo presists on making games were the classic controller is not used. Today I am dissapointed. I think im losing faith In my Wii. Im hoping Mario Kart will restore it for me.:nonod:

Thats where you messed up.

SSBB uses no sort of movement whatsoever,
Its just the same as using a GC controller.

alot of it is because of the lack of work from 3rd parties

SSBB uses no sort of movement whatsoever,
Its just the same as using a GC controller.
Depends on how you have the controls set up. You can have it so that flicking the remote executes a power move (or whatever it's called).

Mtn.Man: You should really look at the date of the last post before you post in a very old thread. :wink:
Also, the "power move" you referred to is called a smash attack. :)

Sounds like the games you got are pretty bad... Get good games like Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Galaxy, and you'll soon change your mind.

I think that revival rules should be eased a bit since the crash. It's kind of every thread on the board...

Mtn.Man: You should really look at the date of the last post before you post in a very old thread. :wink:
You're right. I hadn't realized the thread was that old. Oops.

Edit: Ah, there was a forum crash. That would explain why my login no longer worked and such an old thread was high up on the first page.

Back