Are you satisfied?

Xepher__

Stepmania God
Nov 21, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
0529-9620-6806-4914
There are probably many topics on this, but are you satisfied with TP? I am, and at the same time, I'm not. Puzzles are mediocre, bosses are easy, and finding secrets pretty much follows the same rules as the N64 versions.

I'm not sure how the testers finnished the game in roughly 70 hours...I know a guy who just finnished gorudo prison and has 80 hours clocked..Meanwhile I just finnish gorudo prison with 20 hours...

I'm not really sure...Its a beautiful game, and has nice gameplay, but there doesn't seem to be too much challenge...just alot of filler.

I haven't done it yet, but my friend says he found the Ice temple boss to be tougher than ganondorf, but still easy, what do you think about that?

Although I'm not very far in the game, I would have to say that I am satisfied with TP. Im in the water temple right now, and up to this point, I love it. :)
But i agree about the bosses, they're very easy. The forest temple boss was incredibly easy....i mean you expect that in the first temple, but i didn't get hit once and im sure many other people didnt. way easier than the boss of the decu tree temple in OoT, which was still really easy. Same goes with the fire temple boss, way easier time with him than King Dodongo.

All of the bosses were very easy. I'd say that the Snowpeak Ruins boss was the hardest ive faced so far. ah heck, the sub-bosses are even harder then the bosses!

i liked it, it wasn't better or worse then the other Zelda's. I have played mostly all the Zelda games (didn't really play MM). i thought it was jsut classic zelda. i was hoping it would go off a bit from that "classic" Zelda line. i liked the little breaks in between temples, like guarding the carriage and so on. but i think they need to change it a little more / make it a bit diff for the enxt zelda game. Like the idea from windwaker, i liked that sailing and stuff it was a bit off of the classic zelda format. anyway TP was good finished it in 43 hours.

I love the game, but I don't think there is any challenge, at all. Man, I hope they release like a Master Quest version of this.

I love the game. The last Zelda I played was OoT, and this ones so much more straight forward. For me its the perfect difficulty. The bosses are easy but I still usually die once per boss. This game is better than any GC game I own. It sold me on the console, and Im not disappointed

Since when are bosses in Zelda Games ever hard? If they made the bosses as hard as the puzzles, we would all shoot ourselves.

Zelda has never been about hard bosses. Try Metroid for that.

Zelda is about character,plot and a sense of achievment and the sheer scope of it all.

So not the hardest of games, but they never have been,but it's by far my favourite series of games ever.

rindulus007 said:
Zelda has never been about hard bosses. Try Metroid for that.

Zelda is about character,plot and a sense of achievment and the sheer scope of it all.

So not the hardest of games, but they never have been,but it's by far my favourite series of games ever.

I agree with this, zelda has never actually been about hard bosses, maybe with a new console it has deluded you...but the bosses to me anyway have always been easy, its always been about figuring out the puzzles, collecting all the heart pieces to do the game 100%, atleast this is my opinion anyway and this is what has made it the great game it is today...not the difficulty of bosses :cornut:

I just finished the game a few minutes ago. I have to say i'm a little dissapointed. It is classic Zelda and I do like that aspect of it, but it was just too easy! I only died a few times and the end battle was a piece of cake. But that's the way it's always been, I guess I was just hoping for a little more challenge.

have any of you tried playing ocarina of time again, almost every boss can be done without getting hit, hell gohma if you do her right doesnt even get a chance to fight back, the only real hard enemy would be the knights in desert temple but only because they hit so hard if your to oblivious to backflip... tp is easier, especialy with the abundance of hearts they give you, but not by much... All they have really done is taken the 2 or so toughish enemys we used to fight and replaced them with many weaker enemenys to balance it out...

Go back and play the classics now and you may find the thing that made them hard was the fact you where 10, hell ocarina can be finished pretty easily doing the 3 heart challenge, the only real tough boss that may actualy hit you would be ganon.

All the dungeon bosses can be done without taking a hit very easily, phantom ganon if you time right just as easy, Volvaga you hit with the hammer, bacsh with big goron sword, then shoot him with your bow to avoid the rocks, repeast. the mabea was just a joke of a boss, just stand in the corner and u cant be hit, bongo bongo, a little tricky if your slow with the z targeting and bow, and as long as u can aim the mirror shield the witches arnt a problem either...

Im not saying twilight princess is anything but easy, but actualy playing the other again recently, like in the last 2 weeks, ive found the previous 3d zeldas wernt all that hard either... Just my thoughts though :p

I guess you're right, zelda bosses have never been hard...Well they have been, but I was really young. I guess I just miss being young and having an actual huge battle with a dungeon boss. I'll probably have a good time 3 heart challenging this game. I'm not saying its not fun though, the game is very fun, I just need the challenge to prolong my interest.

yes i am satisfied alot, this game for me has been the best zelda game i have played, but i still think OoT in story line is better, especially i get emotional in Oot. But i think ganon is harder in TP than in OoT and looks better ;)

Stocken said:
i liked it, it wasn't better or worse then the other Zelda's. I have played mostly all the Zelda games (didn't really play MM). i thought it was jsut classic zelda. i was hoping it would go off a bit from that "classic" Zelda line. i liked the little breaks in between temples, like guarding the carriage and so on. but i think they need to change it a little more / make it a bit diff for the enxt zelda game. Like the idea from windwaker, i liked that sailing and stuff it was a bit off of the classic zelda format. anyway TP was good finished it in 43 hours.

I'm at 48 hours and just finished the temple of time in the woods.

I just got the game a few hrs ago and i have to say that is veeeeeery nice game plus i love the way you swing your hands to swing the sword. i love that....
but for my taste, i give the game easy a 9/10.... i think for my taste ill like to see it with voices instead of reading... other than that... 9/10
Great Game

Back