Art thread

--A Work in Progress.
SakuraWIP5-1.png

That's really starting to shape up quite nicely!

Bio, that looks great. Your advice was awesome. Though, if I'm ever going to try colouring in Photoshop it's mostly likely going to be in the form of cel-shading. That seems the easiest. D;

2aewbb4.jpg

Well, this has taken me a very very long time. I don't care if the eyes are uneven. I haven't sat down and drawn a figure in tonal I think... ever? There's more to this. I'm going to attempt to draw a hand, oh Lord.

Doesn't look much like it.

(Wow, she looks hot in that ad...)

Anyway, your picture looks great. The lovely expression on her face gives me chills inside...and she still has that beautiful smile from your reference. The shading is good all around, but it really comes alive on her flower (its cast shadow on her hair is the most impressive part).

There are a few key areas that prevent your picture from resembling her better...and they are her eyes (and no, it's not because they might be uneven or look bad) and her facial shading and alignment. Every other aspect appears accurate enough. I could always elaborate if needed.

Thanks for the compliment on my advice, which I feared might be too confusing. Haha, yeah, I'm not expecting someone here to jump on Photoshop and try what I do with this much complex coloring...but the method is definitely useful. It's a basic process that would even help for cel-shading.

Last edited:
here some more drawings
David Garrard stiff arming a defender
2628_76579729545_662984545_2351453_4172038_n.jpg

Batman
2628_76579659545_662984545_2351452_7890007_n.jpg

Sonic and Metal Sonic
2628_76579849545_662984545_2351454_838032_n.jpg

this is what ive been workin on recently Spidey vs venom
2628_76579909545_662984545_2351455_3449410_n.jpg

Painting is pretty tough. Good luck with that, man. =)

JagsRock95: I like the Sonic one best. The detail on Venom is also particularly good. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Yeah! The Art Thread is back!!!

This is very cute, Frogger. You pulled off the Chibi-ness well. Also one of the better-resolved pieces you've shown in terms of anatomy. I'm looking forward to a finished version. =)

Thank you, Bio. =)

Well, this is the coloured pencil version. Dunno if I'll ever get around to testing it out in Photoshop, probably not. I bothered with shading though, that gets me points.

I really didn't want to do anything in colour because I want Copics. I've given up on that, so I need to buy more pencils. Hoorah. D¦

Oh WOW been browsing on this thread for some time and might I say some good talent.
May I post some stuff up can't guarantee it will be as cool as the stuff I'v seen.

Fantastic, Frogger. Easily the best part is your drapery; it's incredible in this picture. Haha yeah, the little shading I see was done well. Keep up the great work!

I'd say if you can do stuff like this in markers/colored pencil, I wouldn't worry too much about Photoshop. As far as art goes, coloring in any medium is just as good as any other. I think Photoshop gets overrated in that sense (business-wise, though, it's a good skill to have).

Oh WOW been browsing on this thread for some time and might I say some good talent.
May I post some stuff up can't guarantee it will be as cool as the stuff I'v seen.

Haha, it's alright. You should post your stuff. We would love to see it. Don't worry about being intimidated. We all have the same goal of improving, and having others discuss it will help with that.

Last edited:
I want it for business, because I'm not going to get a job in art otherwise. I'm not good enough to get a job in art right now. But, my hazy career path aside. This beautiful thread must live onnn.

Elvis_and_Jazz_sketch_by_Frogger277.png

Boo, men.

Precisely why I'm into Art, as well. For both business and expression.

At any rate, nice anime drawing. LOL aside from the hair, they are very Elvis-looking. You definitely appear to have attention to detail and the faces down more than anything. I'd keep focusing on the anatomy side of things, but overall, this looks really nice. Are you gonna make a finished version?

Anyway, I should probably post some sketches to help keep this thread alive.

Last edited:
...and I'm double posting. How sad.

Anyway, I have to draw a bunch of figures for the Sakura picture. So far they're all in rough stages, but this one stood out to me. I know, I know, I need some work in drawing girls. =/

Karin.png

Last edited:
I prefer Sakura

Is this art?

Last edited:
^ I really like that darkprinny, makes me smile:)
And Bio your drawing skills are just fine, same goes to Frogger.
Been awhile since I drawn for the sake of drawing.

Back