Article: Microsoft to Create Its Own Motion-sensing Controller?

MysticGohan

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
pickering, Ontario Canada
Wii Online Code
2476-7789-3835-5591
Microsoft has teamed up with Talismoon for its tiltboard technology so that their gamers can play with a brand new, motion-sensing controller similar to the 6-axis and the Wiimote.

Microsoft originally believed that this kind of controller wasn't necessary and they were not interested in its technology. But, after seeing the Wii's success, they might as well support it. Don't expect it to be a primary controller in future Xbox 360 skus.
Full Article

sounds stupid
and the youtube videos are something that any techie can do
+ no real source

If this were to happen, then it would not be copying the Wii, but the PS3...yes it's true. From what yoy said, it would have tilting motion sensing, which is what the PS3 has (tilt to punch someone ext.).

This product was actually brought up by somebody who used household products and such to make it motion sensitive.

The only thing is, it wasn't 6-axis. You could only move the controller left or right...And this was made around January I think.

Hehe, Strike another for Nintendo.

I wouldnt doubt they'd do it, MS/Sony are pretty good at napping other system's stuff. Microsoft could loose some ground in the 'Cool' Company status now.

PS: That looks somewhat... fake.

Last edited:
well to be fair, the sixaxis name was filed by sony long before anyone knew about the wiimote. Really what this comes down to is that this tech has been around for awhile now, it was used in missles way back also for guidance control. But the key point is, is that both nintendo and sony EQUALLy share the credits for standardising motion control into everyday console gaming.

I wouldnt be suprised then for microsoft to follow.

That looks sooo fake.
+ I dont see no microsoft rep showing a demo

i highly doubt it, it would be more cheesy than the ps3's controller. microsoft know that. and btw, the video in there isnt even near official, someguy taped that in his bedroom.

ottoman said:
i highly doubt it, it would be more cheesy than the ps3's controller. microsoft know that. and btw, the video in there isnt even near official, someguy taped that in his bedroom.
But microsoft wont have to hold back to try and make it not look obvious it has jumped the bandwagon, they clearly praised nintendo's success and wish to follow in its path, so it might as well be for the best, or at least better than ps3.

well i dunno about this, but from youtube, noone seemed to mention this;

click

which seems to make it out more like a mod that is being produced and shipped from there....

IF its true then oh well. sony already copied (just cuz a patent is filed first doesn't mean its an original idea). At this point everyone can see that motion sensors are a cool thing that a lot of people want. So I don't blame Microsoft for doing this NOW. And NO Nintendo and sony do not equally share the market. Nintendo is actually doing something revolutionary with the Wiimote while the sixaxix is just a regular controller you can tilt a few ways and it does stuff. Its not even on the same level as the Wiimote.

Back