ask a cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Loose_Cannon

alright, "~Marisa~" has persuaded me and because of "peer pressure" i have accepted her challenge haha.:p

since yes the cats out of the bag and i honestly didnt keep it that big of a secret. i am a law enfocement officer.

you may ask me ANY LAW related question BUT!!!!! if this gets ugly and disrespectful in ANY way, i WILL notify a mod and it will be deleted.:incazzato:

any questions youve always wanted to know, ask away :) im one of the "cool cops" (yes they DO exist!) so im faily flexible on answers :cornut:

~Marisa~ said:
Have you ever pulled someone over and they asked for your phone number?

YES!:mad2:

whenever that happens, i take out my summons book and i tear off a sheet of paper. i write my name and then under it i write "9-1-1" and give them the piece of paper.....little do they know when they read it, its a ticket to appear in court for speeding!:rolleyes:

hasnt failed me yet lol

elmo_999 said:
Do cops stop for donuts alot. very serious question.

believe it or not, some really do! its a true story. just like fire fighters love chili lol

theres a cop whos wife works for dunkin doughnuts. shell take the "stale" doughnuts that were about to be thrown out and bring them to the precinct for us to eat. they werent that bad! lol. :hand:

but its not uncommon. usually the cops that say "OH I HATE DOUGHNUTS!" are the ones who have eaten an entire box of krispy creames in their squad car and got sick from them :lol:

Rofl about the donuts, that's hilarious! and the 9-1-1 made me almost piss myself LOL!!!

Have you ever been shot at or known a cop who has?

~Marisa~ said:
Rofl about the donuts, that's hilarious! and the 9-1-1 made me almost piss myself LOL!!!

Have you ever been shot at or known a cop who has?

ive been shot at but thank god not shot. my boyfriend has been shot in the leg. shot with a 45 calliber bullet :( happend about 2 years or so on the job (hes been on for 8 years now) said it was the scariest moment of his life. he honestly doesnt like to talk about it.

ive known quite a few cops who have died in the line of duty from robberies gone wrong, hate crimes, ect. its quite scarey but thank god for vests and ammo......:(

The_Loose_Cannon said:
ive been shot at but thank god not shot. my boyfriend has been shot in the leg. shot with a 45 calliber bullet :( happend about 2 years or so on the job (hes been on for 8 years now) said it was the scariest moment of his life. he honestly doesnt like to talk about it.

ive known quite a few cops who have died in the line of duty from robberies gone wrong, hate crimes, ect. its quite scarey but thank god for vests and ammo......:(

Awww that's so sad! Your boyfriend is a cop as well? If someone ever tries to break into your house, it'll be the biggest mistake of their life haha. I have such respect for cops - putting your lives just to protect people.

I live in Washington state and just this past week our car horn kept honking and we thought someone was breaking in, so we called the cops and they couldn't see what it was either. They told us if it happened again to call immediatly cause there have been lots of car robberies the past few months.

It happened again so we called again. Apparently what was happening was that it got so cold our horn was honking cause the electrical connect. They said it happens with the color changing of stop lights as well. 3 cops came and helped us disconnect our battery in 20 degree weather! They were the nicest cops and played in the snow a bit too haha.

I understand why it's such a big deal when a cop dies on duty, such a tragic loss! We had a young cop in our county recantly who died on duty because he pulled someone over for speeding and the person shot him :frown2: He died and had a wife and an infant child. All the cops, fireman, soldiers and whatnot went to his funeral - thousands of people. He was a loved person :(

Do you think most cops treat everyone fairly? Do you treat everyone fairly?

You know what I meanwhen I say everyone. By looking at your user title it says that your a newby officer so I'll understand if you don't really have an answer yet.

What influenced you to become a cop?

uh....wow....a cop on the forums........thats a first!
How often do you actually have to pull out the guns and start shooting like crazy......:lol:

What about Uk laws

Intureder in our homes
We cant do anything to stop them
But if they fall over in our home they cant sue us

Wha

If blackbelt (or Sifu)
We have to say so 10 times beofre fighting back aganst a mugger (im not so i can get stuck in)
And we have to restrain our selfs (the mugger dont)

Wha

UKs laws are f`ed up

I'm still in school but it's been a while since a cop came to our school. I feel like I'm in 4th grade again! :D What kind of characteristics and personality types make the best cop?

If I got my girlfriend in my car and she's not wearing her seatbelt... You pull me over... Who would you ticket? I've heard so much cr*p about this subject. Some people say it's the driver because they are responsible for everyone in the car. Some say it's the person without the seatbelt... As long as they are of ticket-able age. I've even heard that it is the person without the seatbelt BUT only if they are able to produce ID. (Can't ticket them unless you know who they are.)

Mario Famous said:
Do you think most cops treat everyone fairly? Do you treat everyone fairly?

You know what I meanwhen I say everyone. By looking at your user title it says that your a newby officer so I'll understand if you don't really have an answer yet.

well the term "officer newbie" was in relations to the forum being a newbie. ive been on the job for a year now BUT ive done what is known as "police auxillary" which is "volunteer police" for years now. started at the age of 16.

i understand your question :) and again i find no disrespect in it.

everyone has heard on the news of cops that do "racial profiling" and the whole police brutality and yada yada yada. no ones stupid and they all think that cops are after a certain community and not to sound racist but people tend to think we focus on the "african americans"

me personally, i just do my job. i see something go wrong regardless of what nationality they are, i imediately stop it. ive been called a racist by many people i deal with and i just ignore it. it seems like they all "pull the race card" as soon as they are caught.

i cant honestly speak for other cops because some people have different views than me but i will say that since NYC is SO LARGE and diverse, no one seems to really target anyone anymore. if it were white suburbia or anthing likt that, i would of probably answered the question differently

Syntax said:
What influenced you to become a cop?

i watch too much tv! no seriously lol. it was something i fell into honestly. growing up my dad had alot of friends who were retired cops and they would always tell me stories and i just loved "that life" i thought it was fun and exciting (little did i really know it sucks and the pay blows! :lol:)

i was a fat kid yes, droped 60LBS and then took the NYPD exam because i honestly had NO idea what i wanted to be when "i grew up" (even though there are sometimes i have my extream childish moments :D)

so i took into consideration all my time on with being an auxillary cop and i was more physically fit, i took the test and havent regretted it yet. ive had alot of eye opening experiences and i feel privilaged to be wearing my badge :)

SukhKular said:
If I got my girlfriend in my car and she's not wearing her seatbelt... You pull me over... Who would you ticket? I've heard so much cr*p about this subject. Some people say it's the driver because they are responsible for everyone in the car. Some say it's the person without the seatbelt... As long as they are of ticket-able age. I've even heard that it is the person without the seatbelt BUT only if they are able to produce ID. (Can't ticket them unless you know who they are.)

in NYS, it is required that BOTH people in the car are to wear their seatbelts. back of the car under the age of 12 is required to be in a seatbelt/car seat as well. if we do random checks at intersections and freeway exits and we see that neither one of you are wearing seatbelts, yes you will be ticketed.

keep in mind that is JUST NYS. im not sure how it works nationwide since there are different variations of different laws.

me personally i dont do tickets for seatbelts if more than 1 person is in the car. if the person sees a LONG line of cars and "traffic" and a squad car not too far up and they know its for seat belt inspections and they are still retarded enough to NOT put their seatbelt on then yes ill ticket them lol. if its more than one person, i warn.

as for proper id, depends on the circumstance. in your case, i dont think she would get a ticket if she didnt have id on her but then again im not exactly sure. ive never really had that problem. but i think if they dont have ID and youre in the car with them, you get the ticket. as horrible as that sounds i believe thats what happens. (dont quote me on it though)

Joe said:
uh....wow....a cop on the forums........thats a first!
How often do you actually have to pull out the guns and start shooting like crazy......:lol:

OH WORD! every day i be pullin out muh gat! wow just kidding hahahaha

seriously though, seldom do i ever have to pull out my gun. i constantly have my hand on the holster but lucky for me never really had to fully extend, reach and pull out.

its happend on a few occassions where ive had to detain someone at gun point and its quite freaky. in the academy you do it with a red rubber gun at half the weight and size as a real glock. when youre holding that gun, your hand starts to shake and you get nervious. i admit it its incredibly scarey!

i dont like to shoot people, i shoot targets at the range :thumbsup:

When pulling over people for speeding, are there 'brackets' for fines? For example 3-7 mph over = xx fine, 8-12 mph over = xxx fine?

THe reason I ask is in my younger days I got a few speeding tickets and I would say a majority of them were for 13 mph over (IIRC) but I thought it was quite odd that I kept getting pulled over (different officers, different towns, ect.) for the same amount...so I assumend that there ARE brackets and I kept on getting bumped to the next higher bracket.
That being said, do you guys make commission? :smilewinkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back