Assassin's Creed - IGN review

Yeah, I knew this game was going to be either a huge flop or huge hit, I called it! This is exactly what a lot of these reviews are talking about, it could have been one of the biggest hits if it focused on different areas. Oh well, I'm glad I decided to get Call of Duty 4 first and wait for this than vice versa, because now I know it's not that great.

wow........nothing to say........i was expecting this game to be in the 9s

Oddly enough, Game Informer gave it a 9.5/10 and Gamepro gave it a perfect 5/5...might have to give this a rent before I buy it.

SensesFail said:
geeze.. graphics look amazing though. who knows, might still be good enough to buy. reviewers dont know everything lol.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/834/834724//articles.html

press reviews are better, game informer gave it a 9.5...
I have no idea how good it is but in the IGN video review they gave their reasons for their score: repetative gameplay, kinda pointless missions, and a stupid backstory that is strangely revealed at the beginning of the game.

They said the actual assassination missions were good though. Also climbing buildings and stuff.

Last edited:
gameplay mean ALOT to ign, ign is the only web site i trust....most review sites dont play the game completely......they only play it for a couple of hours

well gamespot usually scores Wii games low and 360 games high, so I guess they like graphics?

IGN seems to score fairly evenly.

idk, might be great might be just o.k.

well the review from ign said that the gameplay and the levels seem to repeat them selves often........they also mention that the game is amazing at the beggining.....but repeats itself later through...........which leads me to belive that sites that gave it a highscore only played the biggining

zapasant93 said:
well the review from ign said that the gameplay and the levels seem to repeat them selves often........they also mention that the game is amazing at the beggining.....but repeats itself later through...........which leads me to belive that sites that gave it a highscore only played the biggining

You can't really know for sure, unless you actually read them.

Gamespot has some pretty biased editors on the team, as well as IGN, and 1UP, and some editors can be way too picky about things. There's some IGN Editors that I would never read from, cause some are just ridiculous.

This game is going to be allot different in PC, and obviously better.

A 7,7 is very low for a game with so many expectations..
Although IGN's score isn't that important.

Back