Attention All Ike Users This Thread Is For You

Generalsma

Banned
Jan 26, 2009
Oakland,California,USA/In the ghetto
Wii Online Code
4217-7433-9490-6011
I have heard a lot of talk in a lot of places of Ike being for noobs, Ike spamms his AAA combo, the Aether is performed by noobs. So I decided to make a competition of only Ike players. Depending on how many people join this thread I will decide the rank of you guys that join. It's not a tournament so this will NOT be on the online gaming section. If you join you will have to submit your Friend Code and Brawl name like this

Friend Code: 1289-8229-9135
Brawl Name: Mitza

You will be able to raise your rank by simply beating someone who's on a higher rank that you. It will look like this

Rank#1 WiiChat Name
1. Generalsma
2. Asicsman
3. (player 3)
4. (player 4)
5. (player 5)
6. (player 6)
7. (player 7)
8. (player 8)
9. (player 9)

You guys will be able to vote on how this will go down.
Option #1. If you loose you will go all the way to the bottom of the list. That will mean that you will start from the bottom and go all the way up if you beat everyone in your way.
Option #2. I will draw 2 names from a hat and they will play each other. The loosers will go on the bottom of the list and will be able to play ONLY people within 3 ranks higher than them. So the person of the bottom can't challenge the person at top of the list. You will have to post your results here. This is important if you choose this option, whoever two have their matches first the winner will be placed #1 on the rank and the looser will be #2. So that means that you will have to have your matches quick to be #1.

Match Rules: You decide with your opponent on the amount of stock and the stage. There will be no items. It will be best 2 out of 3.

It's not just a competition thread it's also an Ike discussion thread. Talk about your techniques, combos, what you hate about Ike, what moves could be improved with Ike in a sequel, your opponents flaws with Ike, and anything related with him.

Thanks and please join if you are interested.

Last edited:
for your deciding basic ranks you should hold a tourney. winner is one and so on and so forth. then you can only challenge who is directly above you and if you win you move up, they go down. if you lose you go down 1 rank. this way the list is ordered easily but allows for changes to happen quickly so you never face the same guy 12 times in a row.

as for Ike, he needs more speed in his moves. he has decent moving speed(walk and run), great power, and a lot of slow moves. if the moves were to speed up, even by a small amount, then Ike would be much better.

Thanks that is better Shadow. I will edit the post of people join it.

Ike would be much better if his Quick Draw worked like Pikachu's and Luigi's Side Special. Instead of putting him in the helpless state he could be able to use the Aether to recover.

Ike is for n00bs.

Joking. :p I probably won't be participating in this (my Ike is somewhat bad, and even back when I was good with him, he was nothing special), but I thought I'd drop by.

If Ike's moves sped up a bit, then he'd probably jump to high up on high tier, or middle-high tier. Priority is very important, and if he gets more, he'd be very scary in the right hands.

Ofcourse, Snake would still have more priority for his epic tilts, so Snake >>>> Ike.

A fix for his recovery moves (Quick Draw, Aether) probably wouldn't boost him too much on the tier list, if at all, but I can see that helping him not getting gimped every other stock. That could help soften some of his disadvantageous match ups, I'd say.

If Ike had a projectile what do you think that it could be?
@CK: A lot of people used Ike when they got the game (me) but few stuck to him (me). Hardly anyone was very good back then and they chooses him because his side smash is a killer and his FS is cool. So you probably stopped using him when you unlocked Wolf and became good with Metaknight, that is what I think is the reason for you to stop using Ike.

i was an Ike mainer for a long time. then i tried Toon and started using Ike as a sub. then when i tried Kirby and Olimar, my Ike got less playtime. i still use him occasionally but i don't main him anymore

Well, actually, I never even subbed Ike. I just used him for awhile to try him out, that's how it was for all new characters. I stopped using him when I unlocked Toon (only a day or two into the game, lol), which I mained for quite awhile. I still used him for the hell of it, and tried subbing him for awhile later on too, although it wasn't for long since my Toon, Falco, and Wolf were all superior. Even my Lucas (worst sub) was better.

I didn't try training my Wolf until long after my Ike-subbing days were over, actually. Toon was my first official main of Brawl. Meta came even later, I only started using him seriously a bit after I joined Wiichat, back in June '08. :p

In short, you assumed too much. :p

I stopped using Ness about 3-4 months ago after I joined Wii Chat because Ness+Online Lag=a loss. I thought that I was going to make Ness one of my mains until I met edgehoggers and lag. I did do good with him against my cousins and the cpu's but he's not good for online play.
Ike should have a projectile.

Ike shouldn't have a projectile, it's untrue to Fire Emblem games. I believe when he went up a class, he never learned to use bows either. So no projectile for Ike.

... If he had a good one he might be quite a bit better at some match ups, such as vs. DK. DK's reach and power can put Ike at some disadvantages, but with a projectile, he can force DK to approach; which means DK's screwed, his best and only reliable approach is the predictable B-air.

Untrue. Roy had a sword called The Blazer in his FE Game and it's hit range was 2 squares. So if they make a new game with Ike in it and they give him a new sword that is also a projectile then that might be a way for Ike to have a projectile. I hate that the early Fire Emblem games only came out in Japan. XD But they say that Fire Emblem games get released every 2 years. Fire Emblem 2003, FE Sacred Stones(something like that) 2005& FE Path of Radiance 2005, FE Radiant Dawn 2007, FE DS 2009. We need to wait for 2 more years for a new one even though the one that came out this year is a remake of the very first one.

Ike shouldn't have a projectile, it's untrue to Fire Emblem games. I believe when he went up a class, he never learned to use bows either. So no projectile for Ike.

OBJECTION!

[video=youtube;Y1qKZN55GWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1qKZN55GWQ&feature=related[/video]

As you can see in 2:19, he has a long range with his sword Ragnell. I was personally displeased with the people who made Smash for overlooking the fact Ike could have easily had a projectile, with consists of a wave of energy coming out of his sword when he waves it. Similar to Kirby's Up B, except it would probably be more badass.
That would be an interesting fix, especially since Ike's counter is nowhere near as useful as his other attacks and could be replaced by Eruption while the Special move becomes this long range attack.
However, I still think the recovery is what kills Ike. Ike and DDD have similar potential, but DDD gets an edge for multiple jumps and massive recovery, while Ike is easily gimped.

Mr.Sakurai really fu***d up on the Ike speed. Look at when he levels up his speed stats are one of the highest and he's a slow character. An idea for a projectile could be a full charged erruption whose flames travel the stage like Pikachu's Thunder Jolt. Not a bad idea on the Kirby like wave. I swear Ike needs to be built better for next time.

Yes, I know Ragnell has a ranged attack. I guess I really should of mentioned that... ah well. Just like General mentioned, his eruption could be a less powerful move in which he has around the same start up, which launches a projectile "wave" across the ground, and if he's in the air, it'l be a sweeping underhand slash that creates the shockwave; similar to Great Aether's start up. If he's in the air, I think it should be quicker than on the ground, but have more cool down. Or I'd imagine something of the sort.

If Ike was fast AND powerful, that'd just be bad for Brawl. He'd be another Snake... which we don't want. He could use some speed improvements, but it shouldn't be too much; he could become a bit overpowered. I'm all for improving Ike, though.

Back