Attention All Ike Users This Thread Is For You

Did you see his speed stats when he leveled up? It's ridiculus retarded how he is slow in brawl and fast as a Rogue in FE. I would love to see that day when Ike is on a high number in the tier list. If he becomes as good as Snake that will mean more Ike competition for me. I hardly meet Ike competition.

I'd be happy if the Falconator or especially Wolf was high on the tier lists, not because tiers matter; but because that'd mean they'd be better. But at the same time, it takes away the pride of maining a non-top or high tier character, and your character will probably become abused if they can reach Top Tier. So at the same time, I'd die a little inside to see Wolf get better.

... Although the Falconator just needs to be better, abused or not. He's that epic, after all. Falcon for Godly God Tier!

[video=youtube;Qc2cX9ecyXs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2cX9ecyXs&NR=1[/video]

[video=youtube;LyeVgyzMhsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyeVgyzMhsU[/video]

I'd be happy if the Falconator or especially Wolf was high on the tier lists, not because tiers matter; but because that'd mean they'd be better. But at the same time, it takes away the pride of maining a non-top or high tier character, and your character will probably become abused if they can reach Top Tier. So at the same time, I'd die a little inside to see Wolf get better.

... Although the Falconator just needs to be better, abused or not. He's that epic, after all.

Thank you, you said it perfectly. Although the falconator is ok because of the invention of falcon punch-outs, which are hilarious.
For me it's about Pokemon Trainer. Enjoyable because no one else plays him but me, at least in my competitive circles.
Also, if you use Ike, everyone goes haha on you, get low expectations, then it sucks more for them when you beat them up. Low tier advantage: element of surprise.

I don't get how C.Falcon is a low tier if he has speed,quick and powerful smashes, not a bad Final Smash, fast and ok arials. His recovery is pretty great and he is able to wall jump so why the help is he a low tier!

^If I recall correctly, he has very little combos and very little opportunity to link his moves together compared to every other character. I'm sure CK knows the true answer to that question, though.

And I've started using Ike recently, and he's not a bad character at all. His recovery sucks balls, sure, but I think that just means you have to have b*tchin' offensive skill with him. And considering the incredible damage that comes out of his moves, having this asset in your strategy can easily make Ike devastating.

As others have said, translating Ike to Brawl could have come with its limits. I mean think about it, at this point, Smash bros. was over 20 characters deep after Melee by the time he came in. So he may have simply suffered from developers sacrificing some of his original fighting characteristics in order to balance his primary advantage (extreme power) with the rest of the characters.

What a nice combo on the videos on top^ but too bad that they were hacks.
Ike ain't a bad character specially against bigger characters. I feel that Ike has a disadvantage against smaller characters because some of his moves range aren't low enough like his back air, up air, and up tilt. I wanna see how your Ike is coming along Bio. CK already saw how my Metaknight was on my first day of training him.

Sure. Next time we play some friendlies, I'll start using him.

I'm an Ike player.
So, how many do we have on your rank list?
We need to 1 vs. 1 sometime General, that 1 vs 1 vs 1 was fun but indecisive.

Correct, I do have the answer, Bio.

I don't get how C.Falcon is a low tier if he has speed,quick and powerful smashes, not a bad Final Smash, fast and ok arials. His recovery is pretty great and he is able to wall jump so why the help is he a low tier!

The Falconator has a fast running speed, but contrary to popular belief, most of his moves come out too slow. Basically, most of his moves lack priority. SH U-air, N-air, and RAR'd B-air are his fastest moves, but they only hit large enemies; Top Tier threats like Meta and G&W avoid his priority and beat him senseless with their own.

His U-smash and D-smash are somewhat quick, but D-smash has bad cool down, and rolling behind an opponent is a rare technique in competitive play, so it can leave you open. U-smash's hitbox for the second hit can be frustrating to land, and is useless unless you use an innacurate and predictable sliding U-smash. I'd say 95% of the time you land the final hit, it won't KO.

Oh, and F-smash is not quick, it's somewhat slow.

I know you know FS' don't matter in competitive play, General. :p ... Or atleast I really, really hope you know.

His recovery is definatly good, but the "hitbox" for the grab doesn't last long enough which leads to easy gimps, and it stalls for a second on start up (leaving him vulnerable to edgeguard gimps and spikes). The vertical length of the move is an asset, but it's not enough to deem his recovery "good". Sort of like how Ike's recovery has great distance, but he's very gimpable.

... Wall jumps are almost completely redundant in gameplay. XD

In short, Falcon is the statistically the worst character in the game, the bottomest of the bottom tier-ers. ... It's such a shame too, he was high tier in the past two titles. =/

That is sad. Of course I know that you can't use FS on tournys exept the Evolution 2008 tourny. Somebody should just go to tournys and pen everyone with C.Falcon so he would increase in rank.

That is sad. Of course I know that you can't use FS on tournys exept the Evolution 2008 tourny. Somebody should just go to tournys and pen everyone with C.Falcon so he would increase in rank.

I know a group of people in my university who are quite good with top tiers, but decided to train exclusively low tiers. The best one of them is working on C. Falcon, and another one I've fought has a great Yoshi. They even risk using them in tournaments.
They were the ones who told me I could develop a great PT, so I stuck with that advice.

There is a guy that showed me how to really use Samus. I will post a video from him tomorrow. So could we play people from your University Anax? I'm trying to get better with Squirtle but I'm having trouble on killing with him. What's a great finishing move Anax?

There is a guy that showed me how to really use Samus. I will post a video from him tomorrow. So could we play people from your University Anax? I'm trying to get better with Squirtle but I'm having trouble on killing with him. What's a great finishing move Anax?

As I have told you, people there who know their stuff snub online, because it's far less serious than offline matches.
Squirtle does perfectly when it comes to mindgames. Generally, I just keep attacking and feinting with aerials, and the way you finish depends on who you fight. Up smash is the best killer technically, but it's predictable so I don't rely on it. Down throw is surprisingly strong, and forward smash does great when people forget about the invisibility frames it has.
However, squirtle imo is best at killing with gimps. I prefer to kill early by chain grabbing towards and edge and then relying on edgeguarding and gimping.

Down throw is surprisingly strong, and forward smash does great when people forget about the invisibility frames it has.
However, squirtle imo is best at killing with gimps. I prefer to kill early by chain grabbing towards and edge and then relying on edgeguarding and gimping.

I believe Squirtle has the strongest D-throw in the game. ... The first time someone D-throwed me as him (which also KO'd me), I literally said "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?!". XD

Squirtle can be known as the inferior Meta for his WOPing skills, so yes, just for the sake of supporting that claim, Squirtle's best KO option is gimping.

You know, I honestly never got over how powerful Squirtle's D-throw is. A prioritized KO move such as that, which is easy to land and keep fresh, is a just such a huge asset. Imagine if Meta or Falco had such a powerful grab?

Back