Attention All Ike Users This Thread Is For You

Im really experienced with Ike and Snake is one of my least favorite characters to fight with and if you mess Snake's recovery that is a good way to beat him. While he's recovering Down Tilt, Down Air, or grab him. Avoid getting tricked by his grenades or getting hit off the stage. Have a sharp eye and shield his side tilts and AAA when you perfect shield Snake's AAA.

well Link is actually quite easy. Link is to slow so pounding him is just a matter of catching him, which isn't very hard.

Toon Link though is a danger. keep dodging his projectiles and slowly work your way forward. when you get close, hammer him as hard as you can. just be careful for his fast (and powerful) U-smash and D-smash.

Snake, in my opinion he's Ike's worst match-up. if possible, don't use Ike against Snake. but if you have to, get in close and stay there. you'll constantly be dodging his overpowered tilts and possibly some grenades. when your in close Counter is your best friend. learn to make Counter come out before you think you'll need it cause you gotta pull that out fast. never let Snake get some distance or your screwed.

Generally, I don't think it's a good thing to rely too much on Ike's counter. It's easily the worst in the game compared to Marth's, Peach's and even Lucario's. Often if you pull it with a good reflex it'll make a sound but you still get hit, which increases the frustration.

I would say that when close it's much faster to do damage with normal attacks (AAA), tilts, or short-hopped aerials. Maybe even rely on the invisibility frames of Eruption. it helps that Ragnell is ridiculously long, probably outperforms snake's freakishly long legs.

Also, wouldn't Falco be the worst match-up? I can imagine that to be a painful match.

not really cause anything Falco can do to Ike, Snake can do better. Ike may have reach but with all of Snakes high priority moves and gadgets, he can easily both close the distance and create it. No matter how Snake fights, he'll always hold an advantage over Ike.

and yes Ike's counter sucks but when you're in close against a better fighter its really useful when you get it working, which is why i said to learn it. it may be hard to get the timing down since the counter noise starts before Ike is actually ready but its still a useful trick when used correctly.

Damn, you guys took this thread and turned it into an Pokemon Trainer Thread.

Anyway, I'll take part in this Ike thing. BUT, to make it epic, let's make the matches in Final Destination with the song Final Destination playing. :)

I almost always pick FD. The background is boring. It's just nebulas, stars, and galaxy crap. My favorite background is from Delfino Plaza.

FD is way to overused. sure its balanced but everybody always picks it. i hate playing on FD. i prefer Battlefield and Smashville more. just as balanced, not as boring

FD is way to overused. sure its balanced but everybody always picks it. i hate playing on FD. i prefer Battlefield and Smashville more. just as balanced, not as boring

I agree completely. I don't like battlefield as much as I used to, but Smashville is good (although I usually don't pick it). I hate it when people choose FD over and over... people need to get creative with stages like Green Greens (fountain of dreams music ftmfw) or Yoshi's Island. -.-;

I play someone who uses snake, and he makes it near impossible to gimp his recovery. You knock him off the stage and the first thing he does is throws grenades one landing a little out from the ledge and the other landing very near the edge. Even if his recovery move doesn't make it back to the stage, he is an expert at blowing himself up with the down b move.

Smashville is my favorite stage.

I found this helpful blog on AiB.
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=46746

I play someone who uses snake, and he makes it near impossible to gimp his recovery. You knock him off the stage and the first thing he does is throws grenades one landing a little out from the ledge and the other landing very near the edge. Even if his recovery move doesn't make it back to the stage, he is an expert at blowing himself up with the down b move.

Smashville is my favorite stage.

I found this helpful blog on AiB.
http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=46746

He sounds pretty good and smart Asic. What's his name? Does he have Wiichat?
I plan on joining Allisbrawl, does anyone recomend it to me?

So.... I just noticed that the guy who made this thread got banned.

Why?

General got banned because he broke one of the rules; the no freedom of speech policy. He said some hateful things, which led to his permaban... It's a shame too, now I can only rarely Brawl him since we can't set up matches by PM. =/

well Link is actually quite easy. Link is to slow so pounding him is just a matter of catching him, which isn't very hard.

Toon Link though is a danger. keep dodging his projectiles and slowly work your way forward. when you get close, hammer him as hard as you can. just be careful for his fast (and powerful) U-smash and D-smash.

Snake, in my opinion he's Ike's worst match-up. if possible, don't use Ike against Snake. but if you have to, get in close and stay there. you'll constantly be dodging his overpowered tilts and possibly some grenades. when your in close Counter is your best friend. learn to make Counter come out before you think you'll need it cause you gotta pull that out fast. never let Snake get some distance or your screwed.

Link is not easy to kill. Even though he's slow he can really get some good mind games going. Also, if your unused to playing him, it's very easy to pull of some crazy combos with him. I'll play you with my Link sometime, Shadow, and I'll show you the 5 different playing styles I use with him (though some are very similar :p).

Back