August 27th Wiikly Virtual Console Update

Robotnik

The Good Doctor
Aug 13, 2007
United States
Here are this week's games:

Super C for the NES 500 Points

Contra_Super_C_NES_ScreenShot3.jpg

is the sequel to the smash hit Contra, developed by Konami and originally released in 1988 as an arcade game. In this title, the alien forces from the original game have taken over a base in an undisclosed region of South America and the player(s) once again assume the roles of protagonists Bill Rizer and Lance Bean to counter the alien invasion. The original arcade version of Super Contra played essentially the same as its forebearer. The main difference was in its versatility. While the original "Contra" had three versions of gameplay (side-scrolling, up-scrolling, and pseudo-first-person), Super Contra added a top-view perspective as well as improving the scrolling levels by including inclined surfaces. As a result of this and changes to the enemy forces, it was a more difficult game to master.

Breath of Fire II for the SNES 800 Points

breath-of-fire-2.u_02.png

It was originally released for the Super Famicom in Japan in 1994 by Capcom. It was released in North America in 1995 by Capcom, before Laguna released it in Europe in 1996.

The story begins in a flashback sequence of when Ryu, the protagonist, is six years old and living in the town of Gate. He goes off to find his sister, who has left to sleep under the dragon guarding the entrance to the underworld. During this sequence he becomes an orphan as his father and his sister disappear, and no one in town remembers him. He goes to the orphanage, which is run by the dominant church of St. Eva, and another orphan named Bow, goes out in the middle of the night, with Ryu following him. They enter a cave, and are soundly defeated by a demon named Barubary. It is a traditional top down RPG in the vein of Final Fantasy & Zelda.

Ghouls 'n Ghosts Sega Genesis 800 Points

Ghouls_N_Ghosts_GEN_ScreenShot3.jpg

The gameplay for Ghouls n' Ghosts is similar to that of Ghosts 'n Goblins. The player controls the knight Arthur, who must advance through a series of eerie levels and defeat a number of undead and demonic creatures in his quest to restore souls stolen by Lucifer (Loki in the English-language Sega Genesis and Sega Master System versions), including the soul of his bride, Princess Prin Prin. Along the way, Arthur can pick up a variety of weapons and armor to help him in his quest.

Now that's what I call a good week! More of these Nintendo. I know you are here... I hope you are reading this...

I hope...

DAMNIT NO SUPER SMASH BROS!!!:mad5:

darn i really want that game for N64 on Virtual Console

**** No Mario rpg. Lets hope next monday. i want to play it when i get home form ******* school

None of these games look to interesting...
Waiting for Kirby super star, Kirby's dreamland 3, and super mario RPG...
Please say next week's games have at least 1 of those.....
I just recently got my wii online.... I got 3 games. I now realize...
It took like 8 months for them to release like 5 GREAT games...
how much longer must we wait untill the above show up...

Last edited:
Kingston said:

I agree with you. Ive been waiting for mario rpg for a while.

Breath of Fire 2 is a must for any SNES RPG fan. It looks like Nintendo added in some extra features to their VC games. Unless you actually played these games, don't be so quick to write them off.

Last edited:
Breath of Fire I'm definetly the most interested in. Super C, was always too difficult to a point which made it unplayable, and simply not fun. I really would've liked to see Zombies Ate My Neighbors, before summer's out.

sagema said:
Breath of Fire 2 is a must for any SNES RPG fan. It looks like Nintendo added in some extra features to their VC games. Unless you actually played these games, don't be so quick to write them off.

What extra features? The only changes I've heard of are for licensing reasons (Punch Out, Wave Race 64, etc.) and emulation problems (Mario Kart 64).

Kingston said:
I just recently got my wii online.... I got 3 games. I now realize...
It took like 8 months for them to release like 5 GREAT games...
how much longer must we wait untill the above show up...

You are jokeing arnt you
Gouls and ghosts is a epic game and is as hard as Supermans fist incased in dimond

BOF2 -Damn fine RPG

Super C - Is contra 2 and as such is also hard

I agree with Prinny. Play these games. You guys are really disregarding the whole value of VC if you judge games before even playing them.

There are cough... ways to play these games in an attempt to preview them without sinking money in.

Back