AUS game prices

cougar4000

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2006
I know that nintendo has released the price of the console as being $400 is Australia. Have they said anything about the price of the games? If they are relative to the console price they should be around $80-$85.
However, I work at a store where we can order video games and consoles. On our distributer's website the console is listed at $399 RRP and the games are all listed at being around $110 except for the EA games which I think were at $90 but it could have been $80.
Has anyone else heard anything about the price of the games? I'm hoping that because its still early days they might change cos $110 is not cheap, which is what nintendo are going for.

I know that we are a small market for them and they didn't sell much gamecube product over the lifespan of that console (I experienced that first hand working in a large vid game store) but if they put in some effort - even a little - i.e. invested in some marketing and released a few more games that might change.

If the games are going to be that expensive, its just more evidence that nintendo doesn't care about Australia, and it might be time Australia stops caring about nintendo altogether.

$110 is about what I paid for Resi 4 Collectors Edition. $100 is about what I've been paying for everything else. Most of the games were coming out for $90 in recent times, with older titles being $50. Since Nintendo said that American prices for the games were going to be under $50, I'm sure we'll see them for around $80 - $90.

I completely agree with you on the marketing part. If they released adverts (for any console) over here, their sales would increase exponentially. I'm sure most Australians aren't too net-saavy, and they're Wii exposure is minimal. A few of those adds where everything is white, wouldn't be a bad thing for the Australian games market. I don't think we even see PC game ads over here. That's how little people think of Australia in terms of the profit we generate for them.

i asked at eb a while ago before the price was released they had one gmae price which was metal slug anthlogy which was $85 no that is the main price point

amen flip,
I swear nobody except us nintendo lovers knew that the gamecube even existed. from my experience it was seen as a "kiddy's console" but the lack of games for it meant that even people after a console for kids would buy a PS2 because it offered more games.

Sam_Harris said:
i asked at eb a while ago before the price was released they had one gmae price which was metal slug anthlogy which was $85 no that is the main price point

thats a good sign, normally EB will post a higher than expected price for pre orders to avoid people 'paying in full' and then realising that the game is $20 more than theyve paid.
is metal slug a full priced game though?

Im Aussie and I think that we should get a few ads 4 games. like the only ads ive seen on tv 4 games are 4 like GTA and there was a yoshis story one back in the days.....

Back