Automatic Shutdown

LordQx4 said:
You may want to check your Fans (1 in the back and 1 on bottom) regularly. If they stop working, call Nintendo asap. As longa s there is air flow through the system you should be ok.

there are 2 fans? I thought it had one and only located in the back of the system. always thought the bottom was just intake to let the air pass through so it can go out the back, where the fan is.

can someone confirm this? because if there is a fan on the bottom, I can't see it and/or hear it...

The blue LEDS are a hastle, answer your messeges asap

wii86 said:
there are 2 fans? I thought it had one and only located in the back of the system. always thought the bottom was just intake to let the air pass through so it can go out the back, where the fan is.

can someone confirm this? because if there is a fan on the bottom, I can't see it and/or hear it...

The guy from nintendo told me that there is a fan on the bottom. He asked me to run my hand over both to make sure both were working. The bottom one maybe a fan to intake air while the one on back blows air out (to circulate air through the system). I can not be sure about this though as both of my fans are broke ;)

me and my fiend bought our wii on the same day, he waited for an hour at 7 in the morning i went in at 11 and wasn't in the line 5 minutes, lol but anyways he has an xbox 360 which one day fell sideways onto the wii, after that his kept shutting down after launching a game. Unfortunately it buggered it and he had to take it back then was told he cannot buy another from that store {game}.

Point I'm making from this story its not how the wii's its how they've been handled in shipping or whatever they seem to be delicate machines in my experience.

i had to send my wii back a month ago, i didn't get a label you got. i was alot money to ship it to them.

I never dropped my Wii or anything but I have been hearing a lot lately that more and more people are experiencing a problem. The shipping idea is probably true as Nintendo told me not to ship my Wii back in the same box I bought it in as, and I quote, "it is not durable enough to ship in".

Nintendo had no problem shipping me a label. They set up the label ship first and then they asked me what was wrong with it. Weird they didn't send you one, what kind of problem did you have?

Im having problems with my disk drive. whenever i play redsteel and i am walking fast in large areas the diskdrive begins to make a lot of noise. i dont know if i should just leave it, or do something about it?

My Wii was doing the same thing when I was going in and out of channels from the Wii Menu. I told the guy from Nintendo that (as well as my Wii just shuts off for no reason after a while of playing) and he said that it seems like they are both problems. I would call nintendo and see what they say. Worse case scenerio they say its fine and you can be sure its ok. Otherwise they may send you a label to send it in to be fixed. I say fix it before it becomes a bigger problem.

LordQx4 said:
My Wii was doing the same thing when I was going in and out of channels from the Wii Menu. I told the guy from Nintendo that (as well as my Wii just shuts off for no reason after a while of playing) and he said that it seems like they are both problems. I would call nintendo and see what they say. Worse case scenerio they say its fine and you can be sure its ok. Otherwise they may send you a label to send it in to be fixed. I say fix it before it becomes a bigger problem.

It seems like you had the same problem I am having now. The fans in Wii weren't working and it was shutting down every like 20 minutes or so. I sent my Wii in for repair last friday, and they received it tuesday. Hopefully, I get it back next week. How long did it take you to get yours back, and does it work fine now?

Back