Avatar L.O.Aang - Is This A Glitch or Bug?

songwriter15

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2007
Hi! This is my first post so please forgive me if it's a bit clumsy!

I've defeated the Jailer in the quest to free Lian, but now nothing happens and I don't appear to be able to do anything.

I can't approach ( or get close to ) any of the doors, so I can't exit the level.

I can still see Lian in her cell, even though the door appears to have opened.

I've searched every inch of the "arena" in case the Jailer had dropped a key or something but have found nothing.

So here I am, in the process of enjoying a game that, in my opinion anyway ( for what little that may be worth! ), is far more enjoyable amd impressive than the majority of "professional" reviewers seem to think, and I can't get any further.

Can anyone help me out with this because it really is very frustrating?

ANY help would be appreciated, especially if it somehow gets me back to enjoying this, far better than average, license.

I would point out that we even returned the game and were given a new, sealed replacement ( just in case the original had been flawed ), but the result has been the same!

Thanks for your time and, hopefully, for any help you can give me.

Chris

I searched around and found a walkthrough (ps2 version, should be the same since it's a port.)

It says once you kill the jailer, it should skip to a cutscene. >_> Anyways, I'd just advise trying to defeat him a different way or something.. I have no idea, I never played this game.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/avatar_tla.txt

how is that game. like the show is cool as **** but by looking at the back of the case for it, it just seems to be kiddie and whacky. graphics look horrible so i never tried to play it.

Lobstermobster said:
how is that game. like the show is cool as **** but by looking at the back of the case for it, it just seems to be kiddie and whacky. graphics look horrible so i never tried to play it.

Obviously I can only give you my opinion which is that the majority of the reviews I've read ( all of which seem to be down on the game ) are way off the mark.
The gameplay has far more depth than these reviews would lead you to believe and, although I'm not suggesting it's a massive challenge, it IS really enjoyable, with a number of Wii focused aspects that add to the experience, and an overall "feel" that doesn't come with the majority of licensed efforts.

I'm not going to get into a long "thing" about the graphics because enough is being said all over the net by those who seem to be disappointed with every aspect of the consoles graphics!
Suffice to say that the graphics are way better than you'd expect ( I hope ), but still on, what seems to be the norm "level" of: " similar to the 'Cube but with more polish and a more 3D feel to the characters and level design.

Anyway hope that helps.

Cheers
Chris

Bryan_ said:
I searched around and found a walkthrough (ps2 version, should be the same since it's a port.)

It says once you kill the jailer, it should skip to a cutscene. >_> Anyways, I'd just advise trying to defeat him a different way or something.. I have no idea, I never played this game.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/avatar_tla.txt

Hi Bryan and thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah, I found this ps2 walkthrough as well, and the piece about the cutscene is what's got us worried! We don't get that after beating the Jailer !

Well....just have to wait until a few more people have played it, hopefully, and maybe someone will come up with an answer!

Thanks again Bryan
Chris

Back