Awful Gamespot review

i know ,this really sucks. i was expecting red steel to be a good, fun game that would be a great way to use the wii to its limits. now all im getting at launch is zelda

MetroidZ said:
Look at zelda, 8.8? the average is about 9.8. gamespot has lost all respect from me. And I don't care about red steel, to me it looks awesome, I'm getting it.

yeah good post red steel is wicked in my opinion, at the end of the day its only someones opinion.

I think they rated it a little low, but even with that it's not better than a 7.So i don't think it's worth getting considering there are much better games available like Zelda, and SMB:BB.

come on................ it wouldn't be getting bad reviews if it was a great game. I understand why people are ignoring gamespots review because of the "8.8" it gave zelda. But this was because they considered it a next gen game and it is really a port from gamecube to wii. and they do give some pretty stupid reviews. But red steel wouldn't be getting "5.5" if it wasnt a bad game. i may still get it solely because i want to try it out. But i will probaly trade it in shortly after towards perhaps monkey ball

^^ i see wot u mean, im considering changing it for monkey ball but n gamer gave it a %90 so it cant be all bad

im a member of gamespot (genji_glove1 to any1 wanting 2 be friends) and i personally dont really like Jeff Gershman, the guy who did the TP review. I trust the opinion of Greg Kasavin though, another editor. Maybe i'll wait to see what he says.

hey

Well I haven't seen, nor know of any of the GameSpot reviews, so I dunno.

@sweeney: Hmm, and you think other places that reviewed Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess didn't also take those things into account? and yet I think they still gave it a great score.
---

Ohh, and while we are talking about such things... I have some things to say about IGN. Sorry if I'm over reacting, but I get the feeling that some at IGN maybe putting their personal views in front of what something really is, if that makes any sense?

I was quite shocked to see they rated the Sound in Zelda only 8.0, just because it wasn't orchestrated, I think that's a bit hard. I actually really like MIDI/Mod music, and I think it's more of a personal thing, but I dunno. I think the most important thing is the composition of the music :), and the atmosphere and emotion it brings ^_^. I also thought that the hit to Rayman Raving Rabbids may have been a tad hard also, although I can better understand about the push of support for progressive scan in games.

Finally, I very much don't agree about their comments on the lack of voice acting in Zelda. I think for such a thing it's better to just use your imagination, as I imagine everyone has a different image of Link's, and others voices. I do enjoy to use my imagination :), must everything be defined? Hehe. Hmm, makes me think they would prefer movies, rather than books ;).

cyas

Last edited:
Right now Gamespot is nothing to me..i mean after looking at them playing the wii. i then realize that they know nothing in gaming...if you want reviews go on IGN. they're the only reliable game site online

otacon138 said:
im a member of gamespot (genji_glove1 to any1 wanting 2 be friends) and i personally dont really like Jeff Gershman, the guy who did the TP review. I trust the opinion of Greg Kasavin though, another editor. Maybe i'll wait to see what he says.
me too, I go on gamespot a lot (I'm OGTiago) and when I saw jeff play with the Wii, you just knew he was never interested with the Wii. There is something wrong with him.

Heres a petition I saw (on gamespot) If your unhappy with the review, just sign the petition: Legend Of Zelda: The Twilight Princess Gamespot Review Petition

Rough, but predictable. The recent development with the ugly screenshots, and horrible videos of sword fighting were a bit of a signal.

Back