Awwwww, I've been found out

Joe said:
How is costing him a fortune!?
It uses the same ammount of power as a miniature light bulb while i standby (nintendo has said this themselves and it's true!)...why dont you tell your dad that before he just assumes he's right about this

how did u get harvest moon

rishi 20 said:
how did u get harvest moon
Wtf?

@ +M=M+: That's a really good idea. :lol: "Hey dad, just keep my allowance this month" "Huh? Why?" "That should cover my HUGE ENERGY CONSUMER's bill for...I dunno, the rest of eternity?" "You sure you don't want your $5 this month?..."

I don't get what the fuss is about?! You said yourself that in the morning you can just turn it on and if you have any messages it'll turn blue! It's not as if you'll be checking it during the night.

WiiConnect24 has no use at the moment as far as I'm concerned. If I've got any messages I'll see them the next time I turn the console on. Likewise with any updates.

if your not 18 then it sucks that you have to put up with that. but if your at that move out age then stop bitchin and get out. plain and simple.

Why wait till he's 18? To move out? He can get a job at 16, then use that money to pay his Dad....

Bez3000 said:
I don't get what the fuss is about?! You said yourself that in the morning you can just turn it on and if you have any messages it'll turn blue! It's not as if you'll be checking it during the night.

WiiConnect24 has no use at the moment as far as I'm concerned. If I've got any messages I'll see them the next time I turn the console on. Likewise with any updates.

I'll have to agree

Robertking1123 said:
if your not 18 then it sucks that you have to put up with that. but if your at that move out age then stop bitchin and get out. plain and simple.

And im not going to move out just because my Dad won't let me to leave my Wii on stand-by

Last edited:
Retman said:
The wii doesn't connect every 5 minutes, i place my wii on conect24 and check the stats of my wireless connector and my wii's mac address was on the list all the time. Your point cancels the idea of "connect24"
The MAC is usually cached for 60 minutes be network devices.

I have a full logging configured on my home LAN and I can tell you that about every five minutes, the wii make a connection to one of about 10 Internet addresses.

Another way you can see this is to get into your home router's log page, enable it and then open the outbound log window. Leave it open for about 2 hours and you'll see a bunch of entries from the Wii's IP. My Wii's MAC has a reservation configured on my DHCP server, so I always know what IP to look for.

i wouldnt think it would cost that much...
tell him to leave you alone or challenge him to a game at wii sports! :p

LOL
I already beat him like 15 times. He isn't much of a gamer
He grew up in the 60's man. Gaming Sucked back then

uh thanks 4 telln me about it bein a message but how do i look at it and how do i turn stand by off and y is the side always hot on my wii? p.s right now im on my wii on internet!p.s.s its fun p.s.s.s sorry about all these questions and all the p.s!

wii_girliefairie said:
uh thanks 4 telln me about it bein a message but how do i look at it and how do i turn stand by off and y is the side always hot on my wii? p.s right now im on my wii on internet!p.s.s its fun p.s.s.s sorry about all these questions and all the p.s!
That makes no sense. P.S. = post signature. That is before your signature and post signature signature signature makes no sense.

wii_girliefairie said:
um wait a sec! my wii always has an oringe light when its off! and once the blue light on the disk thing woke me up! what does it mean?
orange light: connect 24 is on Blue Light: You have a message

Back