Awwwww, I've been found out

My mum told me this too. Do you know how much it costs to keep your TV on standby for a whole YEAR?

12 quid.

Exactly my thoughts.

Frogger said:
My mum told me this too. Do you know how much it costs to keep your TV on standby for a whole YEAR?

12 quid.

Exactly my thoughts.

thats a tv. we are talking about the wii. bill nye the science guy

£12 a year multiplied by 3 TVs, 3 DVD players, a VCR, a wireless router, 4 consoles, a microwave clock, an oven clock (plus whatever else the average household has left on standby nowadays) = a lot!

ssbb_lover said:
Wtf?

@ +M=M+: That's a really good idea. :lol: "Hey dad, just keep my allowance this month" "Huh? Why?" "That should cover my HUGE ENERGY CONSUMER's bill for...I dunno, the rest of eternity?" "You sure you don't want your $5 this month?..."

Yeah... I Was Thinking While I Was Reading The Thread,"Why Doesn't He Just Turn The Light Off?"

That'd Save You Some Imaginary Money!:lol:

Imaginary By Means That It Doesn't Cont Much...

DID You Turn It Off?

Robertking1123 said:
proof. not sayin that your wrong but you cant just post stuff and think people will believe it without proof.

Let's assume it is using 20 watts when in standby.

(20 watts) X (24 hours) / 1000 = 0.48 KW-hrs

Average cost of electricity in US - 10 cents/KW-hr

Power consumption for 1 day = (0.48 KW-hr)($0.10) = $0.048/day

($0.048/day) X (30 days) = power consumption in 1 month = $1.44

So based on an assumed 20 watts useage the cost for one month of standby is $1.44......your dad is nuts.

wenied said:
Let's assume it is using 20 watts when in standby.

(20 watts) X (24 hours) / 1000 = 0.48 KW-hrs

Average cost of electricity in US - 10 cents/KW-hr

Power consumption for 1 day = (0.48 KW-hr)($0.10) = $0.048/day

($0.048/day) X (30 days) = power consumption in 1 month = $1.44

So based on an assumed 20 watts useage the cost for one month of standby is $1.44......your dad is nuts.

:frown2:

*Runs away from scary physics*

Basically, it's because he's using a bunch of energy one something, got moaned at and so runs to the kids for a solution :p

Frogger said:
:frown2:

*Runs away from scary physics*

lol..it's not difficult.

To determine the power useage on something, first find out how many watts it's using.
Power bills are billed by kilowatt hour useage...or 1000 watts for one full hour = a kilowatt hour.

multiply the watts used by the hours it is used at....and you get watt-hours....divide by 1000 to get kilowatt-hours...

assume 10 cents per kilowatt hour (that's off of my recent bill from entergy)...and you multiply 10 cents per kilowatt hour by the number of KW-hrs you found your machine to use..and voila...

less than 2 bucks

Anyone else notice?

The first time I left my connect24 activated I got home that day after work and I felt the console and it was really warm. More so than when I am playing a game for a few hours. Anyone else notice this?

Back