B button not the trigger button?

pulpVcious

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2007
Wii Online Code
6173-2347-9056-7503
Why do game developers shy away form the notorious B button to be used as the default trigger button? Ok, think about it. Would it just be nice to have a shooter game that uses the B button as the trigger button? Or at least give you the option to set up the controller functions like you want it? Then controller support such as the Wii Light Gun and Wii Blaster will be more useful.

"It'll teach children to shoot their fathers guns more accurately." Geez I really hope that's not why this is the reason.

vagrant said:
because it's more efficient to use the b trigger for steady aiming?
I agree Vagrant. But having the option to change the settings would be nice as well.

sorry im confused..? both my shooting games and the game on wiiplay use the B button, am I missing something?

I don't think it's something about shying away. Every game I've played I've adjusted and been fine. Red Steel was the first game I played (not counting WiiPlay) and it was fine.

WiiPlay Shooting Range - A or B (Fire)
Red Steel - A (Aim) B (Fire optional to hold A)
Splinter Cell - Pad-D (Aim) A (Reload) B (Fire)
Resident Evil - A (Fire holding A) B (Aim)
Elebits - A or B (Fire)
Medal of Honor - A (Aim) B (Fire)

I did not list all the titles that have a fps type of gameplay, but for the most part those are the main ones. The score is 5-1 if you couldn't count. The scope feature needed on the holding of the A button is a much appreciate in most cases (Red Steel being just a nice touch). I'm going completely off memory of the controls so correct me if I'm wrong.

For the most part the control come through in the end.

Monsteroids said:
Look like a useless hunka plastic that presses B for you. What a piece of crap. Seriously what idiot buys all of these Wii remote sockets. Want one? Then make it out of cardboard. Or knex. :lol:

Agreed. I must admit all of these extensions for the wiimote are stupid.

If i had to hold down the A-button to aim and use the B-button to fire in re4 i think my accuracy would suffer. On the other hand, I do think it would be nice to have customizable controls.

Back