Back into gaming after an 11-year absence

jaker

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2010
md
So I finally broke down and got the Wii (black) - but not for me, for my 5-year old son. Got him Cars and the Inflatable Kart. Prior to this purchase, my last gaming system was the Super Ninentendo, which I left at college after graduating.

But before I give him the cars game, I need for him (and myself) to get used to the system. Right now, we are practicing with the games that came with the system (Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort).

I noticed that these games still show the instructions prior to starting the game, even if I played the game for a second/third time. Is there a way to turn off the instructions?

Secondly, regarding the Wii points, is the only way I can buy them is by going to a store? And what is the conversion rate of points to dollars?

Lastly, I bought the charging pad, but when I placed the remotes (after installing the rechargable battery pack) on the charging pad, the charging indicators do not light up. I know that the pad is plugged into an outlet with power. Am I missing something here?

thanks!

hmm yes i remember away to turn of the instructions but cant recall, i'll check later.

the wii points conversion is 100 points to a dollar & yes you can buy points via credit card or debit card "its safe" i've bought many virtual console & wiiware gems.

there are dozens of charging pads you'll have to be specific with the brand & model. but i doubt i could help you with that.

Last edited:
thanks.... are there other ways to get Wii points aside from shelling out loot?

the charging pad I got is made by Energizer. i guess I'll see if it works later today.

Welcome to the forums jaker! As the users above have said,

100 points = $1
Charging pads are all different, your best bet is to research it more on Google.

Enjoy the site!

Nope you have to pay for games you want to buy, like everyone else.

. Is it the energizer induction charger with the magnets?

well, when I got home, the lights were on, and they appear to have been charged. but yes, this pad has the magnets.

also, I hear that you can play others online? how do I do that, as it only with certain games? how do I register my Mii? I guess I need to break down and read the manual (which I never do).... I understand that each Wii has a coding number on it, so I guess it has something to do with that...

Yeah its only certain games with
wifi_logo.jpg
sign at the very top left(if your facing it) corner. You don't register on the wii, you need a wi-fi game to do that. If you get one theres usually somewhere in the menu page of the game where it says wi-fi or multiplayer.

Welcome to wiichat, hope to see you around.:) Any more questions please ask.

thanks DG-X, that helps....

got another question. what is the advantage between using the motion plus vs. non-motion plus? the clerk at the store told me that the difference is that the motion plus gets the full 360 degree angles, but is that only applicable to certain games, and is it really worth it?

thanks!

Last edited:
nevermind about the difference, I found my answer via search....

Back